Author Topic: PCR Springs  (Read 948 times)

Offline drscooter

• Eschew Obfuscation
PCR Springs
« on: April 25, 2003, 09:42:14 AM »
When I got my PCR others on the board recommend that I get Wolf Recoil Spring. Although there was some discussion dealing with the different weights of the springs for use and application I went with the #18 and have installed it on my PCR without problem except that "I" need to have a bit more strength to rack the slide. For the $7.89 investment, I thought I'd try it out as I've read other say repeatedly it tames the muzzle flip. Included in the package was also a smaller spring which is noted on the directions as the "Firing Pin Spring" :eek  Nice to get an extra freebie, but should I consider installing it now or hang on to it for future need :rolleyes  As I'm kind of new to all this I was able to easily replace the recoil spring with the basic field strip and clean but I have not really made an attempt to do more than wipe down the trigger area. Will there be a benifit to replace the firing pin spring/ should these two be replaced together?
Well thanks all I might be able to sneak in a round at the range if the rain holds off and try out the new Wolf.

Rick
186,282.397 Miles per second, it's not just a good idea, it's the law.

Offline ut83

PCR Springs
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2003, 10:27:49 AM »
Congrats...youll love it.
The FP spring...just shelf it for now.  The FP block makes the spring wear a "non issue" for the most part.  Every so often it wont hurt to replace it.....
shoot well

anything