Author Topic: What's your EDC knife?  (Read 9445 times)

Offline pmt

Re: What's your EDC knife?
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2014, 10:28:32 PM »
Kershaw Leek with combo blade. It's been my EDC for 10yrs. About 3 yrs ago the torsion bar failed. Kershaw sent me 2 new ones along with all new screws, a new pocket clip and the screwdriver tool.

Offline Towns

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2014, 07:17:03 AM »
I carry what NWG19 does, except with a P-01.  I really like Spyderco's thumb hole.

“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Offline Otto N Sure

« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2014, 09:26:33 AM »
I'm a huge Kershaw fan and carry the Ken Onion designed "Chive"

I sent it to the factory to get the annoying pocket clip removed and it's been my EDC ever since.

Otto

Offline potmetal

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2014, 10:31:20 AM »
I have a shoebox full of knives and rotate them around some. I used to collect gun company marked knives, but now they are all Chinese made and finding the old ones seems harder.
I mostly have been carrying a Kershaw to work. I have 2 that have the spring assist opening and they have been very sturdy and stay sharp.  I also have a Bucklite that I've had since the  mid 80's that's sharp as new, but a little bulky to carry at work, but it's been one of my favorites.
I got on a kick about auto knives for awhile but, I never got any of the $100+ knives, just the cheaper ones. And quickly found out why they were cheaper.

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2014, 10:56:09 AM »
I have a Gerber assisted opening clip knife. I've carried it for about 5 years. I don't see it on their site so I guess it's discontinued. It was a gift so I have no idea what it cost, but I don't think it was more than $25 since the person who bought it wasn't particularly flush at the time. When  I'm at work I also carry a Gerber multi tool that I've had for 12 years. I have no clue what model. It's been back once for a repair to the pliers and returned with a new belt sheath and fully sharpened at no cost.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline p4R4d0x

• Staufhammer Photography
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2014, 11:08:13 AM »
Kershaw Leek combo edge until I broke the tip off being dumb and trying to use it as a screwdriver (no other options at the time and something needed to be unscrewed).  Then it was a Kershaw Cryo - still have and carry that on occasion if I want something that takes up less pocket real estate.  A friend got me more into knives recently, though, so now it's an HK/Benchmade 14715.  I love it; good size, D2 steel, G10 scales, and the Axis lock is great.

_DSC3570 by alstauffer, on Flickr

_DSC3573 by alstauffer, on Flickr

Teehee:
_DSC5110 by alstauffer, on Flickr

Offline AZ_CZ

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2014, 11:47:10 AM »
I got on a kick about auto knives for awhile but, I never got any of the $100+ knives, just the cheaper ones. And quickly found out why they were cheaper.

I always wanted an auto but choked on the price of a quality one (I also learned "buy once, cry once" the hard way). Finally got a Benchmade AFO with a gift card, free shipping, and selling off some cheaper ones. No regrets after 2 years.

Now that I have one everything else seems old and clunky even my HK benchmades. Saving up now for a Reflex auto. Need one for something a little smaller and lighter for formal evenings out. LOL
CZ Fanbot since 1996

Offline toys4dlr

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2014, 02:15:17 PM »
Benchmade Mini-Barrage kept sharp on my Wicked Edge.  I re profiled it to 20 degrees or 40 degrees inclusive.  Also did that to all of the kitchen knives too.  Love the Wicked Edge.

However, love the looks of that BM Resistor.  Love the Snody designs.   

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2014, 04:54:47 PM »
In the past I have carried:

- a CRKT M16-10KZ
- a SOG Flash II
- a Benchmade Griptilian
- a Spyderco Tenacious
- a Spyderco P'Kal

For the past 6 months I've been carrying a Zero Tolerance 0350ST ... I love it.

The real clue that it is a good fit for me is I have yet to cut myself with it :)

I also carry a Gerber Dime on my keychain. (Yes, my keys could double as a mini-flail in a pinch!)

"A man's character is his fate."

Offline Kaethias

« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2014, 12:12:57 AM »
Emerson CQC-7BW-SF

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2014, 12:52:56 AM »
I also can't function without coffee, smokes and a Kershaw Ken Onion spring assist pocket knife.
I've had many Buck, Shrade, Old Timer, Puma, Barlow and other pocket knives, but the Kershaw spring assist is definitely THE handiest of the lot.
I prefer the drop point non-serrated edge.

I also took the pocket clips off the two I have.  Those itty bitty fasteners require some special bits to remove them---got 'em. :D

Offline rbmcmjr

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2014, 01:52:40 AM »
Luc Burnley Squid:

Bronze anodized, woodgrain titanium scales and framelock.

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2014, 07:27:06 AM »
Luc Burnley Squid:

Bronze anodized, woodgrain titanium scales and framelock.

Nice!!
"A man's character is his fate."

Offline freytes2010

« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2014, 08:52:09 PM »
Strider SNG

Offline loic

« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2014, 08:55:09 PM »
I now carry this karambit only for sd, for everything else my gerber.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk