Author Topic: What model?  (Read 1390 times)

Offline redlion

What model?
« on: May 22, 2014, 07:42:59 AM »
I bought a pistol with a CZ 75 compact P-01 marked on the outside box sticker but on the slide of the gun and the warranty card it say CZ 75 compact D. I also found out that on the outside box sticker it show a 01199 model code which points to a P-01. The serial number match on the gun, warranty card, and outside sticker.

So what model is it? My concern is that it may have been incorrectly registered as a P-01 instead of a Compact D.

I sent an email to CZ but have not received a reply yet.

Offline Birds Away

• OSCM(SW/AW) USN (Ret.)
Re: What model?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 07:58:47 AM »
Sounds like a PCR.
In Memoriam 04/02/2021

Offline BGlas

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 08:05:18 AM »
If it has a light rail, it's a P-01.  I have have one that had "Compact D" on the slide.  From what I understand, the slides for the US Market are scribed "P-01", but there are other international markets (like Europe) where the exact same slide/gun is scribed with "Compact D"

Offline Birds Away

• OSCM(SW/AW) USN (Ret.)
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 08:29:56 AM »
If it has a light rail, it's a P-01.  I have have one that had "Compact D" on the slide.  From what I understand, the slides for the US Market are scribed "P-01", but there are other international markets (like Europe) where the exact same slide/gun is scribed with "Compact D"
Thanks, Brian.  I forgot about that.
In Memoriam 04/02/2021

Offline redlion

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 09:44:48 AM »
Yes mine has a light rail. So that means I bought a P-01 with a Compact D mark. So they sold an internationally intended unit to the US market. I must be lucky lol

Offline redlion

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 11:08:45 AM »

How was the gun registered/licensed under your name? As a P-01 or Compact D?

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 02:24:27 PM »
If you are unfortunate enough to live in a place that requires registration, (I don't and am quite happy about that), then go with the markings on the slide, so any officer double checking you won't think you're carrying the wrong sidearm. The 4473 will probably say P-01, but that stays with the gun shop for 25 years, NOT to ATFE, and then gets shredded if the shop is still open. But yes, if it has an M3 rail and a stand up straight rear sight, no loaded chamber indicator, it's a P-01, as sold in the US. Since demand far outstrips production for everything CZ makes, the possibility is  that sometimes versions intended for other markets get diverted here. :)

Offline BGlas

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 10:22:55 PM »
Thankfully I don't have to register in TN, but it did confuse the guy at the FFL when he asked me what I was expecting and I answered "P-01".  He said well, you might have the wrong gun then; so I had to explain it was the right one and why.  Thankfully that was the end of it.
But I'm with armoredman, if you have to pick one, I would register it as a Compact D; if they come looking, they'll check out the slide, not the box...

Offline Radom

• HGWT
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2014, 02:39:33 AM »
If you are unfortunate enough to live in a place that requires registration, (I don't and am quite happy about that), then go with the markings on the slide, so any officer double checking you won't think you're carrying the wrong sidearm. The 4473 will probably say P-01, but that stays with the gun shop for 25 years, NOT to ATFE, and then gets shredded if the shop is still open. But yes, if it has an M3 rail and a stand up straight rear sight, no loaded chamber indicator, it's a P-01, as sold in the US. Since demand far outstrips production for everything CZ makes, the possibility is  that sometimes versions intended for other markets get diverted here. :)

+1.  For the reasons stated above. 
The artist formerly known as FEG...

anything