Author Topic: "FUN" Shoot  (Read 1096 times)

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
"FUN" Shoot
« on: May 25, 2014, 05:00:35 PM »
Saturday I shot in Ted Bonnet's Fun Shoot at a cool old 'Cowboy' shooting range:  Saloon front, corral, buckboard seat start, etc..
My squad only had 6 guys but two were shooting Glocks two of us were shooting CZ's and two others all four in Stock-Auto ( :)).
The two Glocks were two best looking Glocks I've ever seen.  Yup,  that's right "best looking Glocks" came from these fingers. :o
They were both Open Class set-ups with comps,  red dots and race holsters.  They really did look and shoot slick.

The 100rd total COFs were short and fast,  time only with a mix of paper and steel----like.
The other CZ was a 40 cal  Tac Sport---very nice.  The shooter was one of my first ROs when I first joined a USPSA weekly League shoot in the 1990s--cool.
Also a retired Air Force guy.

An  A-class stock-auto shooter won class and overall--shooting in the mid-50 second totals.   Another B-class took second in stock auto. The B-class Tac Sport took third in class with time in the mid 80 second range .  Well,  And I came in 4th overall just behind behind my old friend with a 94 second overall time.
I was only + 4 seconds for non-a-zone equivalent hits and no misses, no-shoots or screw-ups,  so I was mostly happy.

Even getting rained on briefly,  it was a very fun day of friendly competition.

P.S.   I did beat one of the Glock open class shooters.  O0   Was a pretty pistol though.   

« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 11:28:20 PM by 1SOW »

Offline Joe L

Re: "FUN" Shoot
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 06:36:02 PM »
Gosh that sounds like fun.  I've done nothing  but precision shooting lately. 

Some days I just want to go shoot IDPA targets and some steel, from a draw, with reloads on the clock.  Fast precision shooting!  I may have to enter the next IDPA match and just decide I'm not going to get frustrated with my inability to follow the rules. 

I could even stand to see some hot rod Glocks.  Or show off my hot rod CZ. 

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F

Offline Riptide439

• Meet Riptide of Chincoteague
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 07:50:30 PM »
1SOW
That sounds very cool! Very happy you took put the Glock  O0

Joe - just go! I would love to see you at a steel challenge!
75B 9mm Duel Tone * SP01 Shadow * SP01 Phantom * SP01 Tactical * 85 Combat * 2075 Rami * P-09 * P07 * 97BD Cajunized * P01
S&W 686-6 * Dan Wesson Valor .45 * SAR K2 .45 * Canick S120 9mm * Sig P226
452 Trainer * 452 Ultra Lux  x 2 * 452 Varmint Thumbhole*527 .223 Carbine*Rem 870 Express

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 09:19:28 PM »
Gosh that sounds like fun.  I've done nothing  but precision shooting lately. 

Some days I just want to go shoot IDPA targets and some steel, from a draw, with reloads on the clock.  Fast precision shooting!  I may have to enter the next IDPA match and just decide I'm not going to get frustrated with my inability to follow the rules. 

I could even stand to see some hot rod Glocks.  Or show off my hot rod CZ. 

Joe

JoeL,  FIND A USPSA MATCH.  They also have "rules",  but it's mainly up to the shooter to plan when, where and how to shoot what!
Stay inbounds, don't break the 180 deg plane,  shoot 'em as they become visible  and don't miss the A-Zone are the prominent rules.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 11:29:10 PM by 1SOW »

Offline frgood

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 10:17:31 PM »
Sounds great. Thanks for sharing.

Keep it up and keep letting us know how it goes.
It all sounded a lot funnier in my head.

anything