Author Topic: PCR Range report and holster discoveries  (Read 1356 times)

alduro

PCR Range report and holster discoveries
« on: February 17, 2003, 01:19:47 AM »
Well after around 300 rounds this is my final thought.
This gun is amazingly accurate.  I love it.  Very concealable yet with 11 round 10 + 1 capacity.  My Sig 239 only holds 8 +1.  Well, I did get a blister on my finger from all the shooting, probably because of the sharp edges on the trigger, but overall a wonderful shoot.  The recoil was very controlable, even using Hydrashock, Fiochi 147 grain and S&B 115 grain.  I love this pistol.  In fact now I am eyeballing the 40B or the 75 Police model.  Cant afford it right now, but Im hooked.  The decocker makes the first shot on this pistol extremely smooth and brisk for a double action.  The single action shots are very very crisp.  I love this gun.  One problem however, the grips worked themselves loose during firing, I am sure that some locktite will solve that.  I thought about replacing the grips, but the rubber really helps in grip on this gun.  I wish I knew about this guy before my Sig239.  Oh well. Did I mention that when I took it to Cheaper than Dirt for a holster, everyone who saw it wanted to know what it was and was asking if they could feel it.  All of them marveled at the awsome trigger, even the guys behind the counter who carry the full size 75 but have never seen a PCR loved it.  One sexy gun.  The holsters that I am having really good luck with are all the ones designed for the Sig 239.  So if your holster hunting, thats a good place to start.  Fits my Uncle Mikes Old World leather 239 holster like a glove.  But for the money I recommend Kirk Patrick Leather or Don Hume. A little more expensive by about $10 but much better quality.  :hat

Offline ut83

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2003, 08:02:19 AM »
Man you sound like I did a while ago......IIII LLLOOOVVVVEEEE mine!  Same comments from everyone..especially with Hakans.
Wait until my Custom is done and I get some piks on the net....I just need the frame redone...should be next week.
Anyway..the rig recommendation is good.  Im biased because I make them for the PCR in any configuration you can think of...but there are alot of good rigs out there....Hume is a steal.
Shoot well :smokin

Offline CZNE

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2003, 10:17:12 AM »
Glad you like the PCR.  I love mine too.  It is simply an amazingly accurate, reliable, good handling weapon.  Now don't go out and tell the whole world or there might be a shortage. :)

jasonpcr

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2003, 05:20:24 PM »
I found an inexpensive holster that works really well with my PCR.  It is a DeSantis Cozy Partner made for the Glock 19/23.  It pops into place just like it was molded for the PCR, trigger guard and all.  It is a comfortable IWB, and for around $50, not a terrible buy.  Any other suggestions for a IWB for the PCR would be appreciated.

aakoran

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2003, 07:20:41 PM »
I've found that the Don Hume 'Double Nine' that fits a Taurus PT145 works very well on the CZ PCR

alduro

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2003, 11:07:26 PM »
Read HELP!!!....my PCR took a crap.:(

VaRoadKing

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2003, 09:30:18 PM »

I could not agree more.  I bought a 9mm Sig P226 today, thinking that if it performed as well as my 9mm Sig P229, I may trade-in my PCR on something else.

After a very disappointing 200 rounds at the range with the P226, I broke out the PCR and proceeded to amaze even myself.  With an 18 pound Woolf spring and a buffer the only modifications - this little pistol is deadly accurate and easy to handle.

Convinced myself that I'm keepin' the PCR for a long time, and the P-01 with the M-6 laser as well.  

Not sure about the P226.

anything