Author Topic: Compact Question  (Read 1704 times)

alduro

Compact Question
« on: February 17, 2003, 05:02:34 PM »
Hello, I just recently purchased a CZ PCR and love the thing, however
having one in a .40 cal would be even better.  I know EAA makes a
.40 compact, does anyone have any experience with this weapon?  How
does it compare in workmanship, reliability and accuracy to the CZ?  :rolleyes

Offline ut83

Compact Question
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2003, 06:57:32 AM »
CZ is coming out with a Comp.Carry...basically a slightly tweaked PCR in 40 in the second half of this year ( or next year if they keep up with there past history ).....

As far as the Witness vs CZ for quality and consistancy..the CZ wins but not by far..the Compact is a stellar gun.  Witness's are very nice guns also.  The 40 Compact Witness is a great clone....

Shoot well

Offline CZNE

Compact Question
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2003, 11:20:23 AM »
Eric,

What are the odds this will happen and if so will they keep all the things that make the PCR so cool.  Like the way it looks, handles, shoots or will they try to make it tactical :(  ????

I also have some real questions about the superority of .40 over 9mm.  I'm a believer in the importance of bullet placement and that takes practice, I can practice more with the same money using 9mm than I can with .40, .45 or 10mm.  However, that said I also like CZs a lot and have no willpower at all, so if they make it there is a good chance I'll buy it. :)

Offline ut83

Compact Question
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2003, 07:44:50 PM »
You know Im a BIG TIME LOSER when it comes to will power also....the 40 is just like the PCR but has the rounded trigger guard and is melted..frame and slide.  If you practice with a PCR and Carried the Comp...I see how that would be very logical.....but you must practice with the 40 for its accuracy, recoil, follow up shots etc...........
Shoot well :smokin

alduro

Compact Question
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2003, 12:40:13 AM »
and found an actual picture of the new cz 40 compact, but it didnt look like a PCR, it looked like a mini 40B.  I wish I could remember this guys site but I do remember the picture being really tiny, to prevent his getting sued.  CZ says that they have not even tested the gun for functionality yet.  So I wont hold my breath.  I am getting a HUGE tax return and am buying myself a little gift for being a good boy this year, either a EAA comp. in wonder finish .40 S&W or a CZ 40B.  Already have a PCR and Sig 239 in 9mm so I think I have the CCW in good shape, I really just wanted somthing with a bigger intimidation factor, bigger boom and of course I like the 1911 lines on the 40B a lot.  Kind of makes me feel like Magnum PI but without sticking a cocked and locked .45 in the front of my pants, (don't want to blow the Magnum off of my PI):lol   Anyway, the EAA has an appeal because it is in a good caliber AND can be concealed in the Texas sun.

Offline ut83

Compact Question
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2003, 07:45:54 AM »
I think your  talking/thinkin about the RAMI a Sub sub sub compact that is just a concept gun currently.  The 40 Comp they are bringing into the country this year (hopefully) is the one that is in the works.....
Shoot well:smokin

Offline CZNE

Compact Question
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2003, 10:37:21 AM »
I didn't know it had a rounded trigger guard, that by itself could sell it to me.  (see how easy it is for me to justify this:)  )  I've always liked the looks of the old CZs with the round guards and if it is melted also, well, I guess I'd better start saving some coin.

anything