Author Topic: CZ 40B or PCR??? HELP ME PULEEEZZZZZZ  (Read 1213 times)

alduro

CZ 40B or PCR??? HELP ME PULEEEZZZZZZ
« on: February 14, 2003, 02:59:34 AM »
Hi guys, I am asking this question in both
this and the 40B forum, so puleeezzzz, give
me some advice.  Being that no dealer around
me carries a ready supply of CZ I need to
hear from you guys whom own both a 40B and
a PCR.  I am looking for a CCW but do not
mind carrying a full size weapon, I conceal
well.  Anyway, which trigger is the smoother
of the two the 40B or the PCR?  Which gun
seems to have a better fit and finish?  Also
how do you carry the 40B?  Cocked and Locked?
Is the 40B as narrow as the PCR?  How about
weight comparisons, 30 oz.  seems okay to me,
I carry a semi compact .45 that weighs about
that.  Thanks for the help. PS I can only afford one or the other.:rolleyes

Offline CZNE

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2003, 11:23:55 AM »
I have not shot both, however I've handled and dry fired the 40 and I own a PCR.

On smoothness of the trigger the PCR won hands down vs the 40 I handled.  Fit and finish seemed close.

They will obviously both conceal however the PCR has the advantage there as it is smaller.

The PCR is a decocker gun, so you don't have the option of cocked and locked.  There are those who find that a major disadvantage, I don't.

The 40 of course fires a cartridge with a little more omph (technical term) than the PCR, however with good ammunition selection that isn't a big disadvantage to the 9.

I wouldn't mind having a 40 but I'm hopeful CZ will come out with a compact 40 and I think I'll wait for that.  

Another thought, if you let people know where you are there might be members in your area who would let you fire their CZs to give you real feel for the differences.  

alduro

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2003, 02:39:30 PM »
I am inclined to get the PCR for 2 reasons
#1.  I have the money for one now and might not have it later.  The 40 is a bit cheaper by about $150.
#2.  I like 9mm a lot.  I carry a 40 at work and trust my life to it, but the 9mm is no slouch either.  I believe it never got a fair shake in the Law Enforcement community because several dept. never allowed their officers to carry JHP because of all things, "liability."  But I guess thats life.  It'll be the Federal Hydrashocks or the Quick Shock rounds for me.  Though frangible ammo seems to be a bit much, they pretty much assure the death of the victim and if you happen to hit a bystander, even in the shoulder, the vascular damage will be so bad they will bleed to death in a couple of minutes no matter what you do.  And God help you.  If they are merely wounded well, heck, that sucks and I'll soon be poor, but at least I didn't KILL them.  Don't you hate when people get off topic?  Okay, I'm off to buy a PCR.8)

Offline CZNE

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2003, 05:52:47 PM »
Speer Gold Dot 124 gr +p
or
Remington Golden Sabers (the new ones) 124 gr

Both very good rounds.