Author Topic: Czech This!!!!!  (Read 1423 times)

Offline jlock

Czech This!!!!!
« on: December 06, 2002, 05:07:02 PM »
Listen to what Im screamin!!!!!!

I finally got my pcr today. Let me share my story pleeeeeeze!

Ive been looking for a pcr for awhile and a friend of mine that works at the gun shop called me (I'll abrieviate where possible cause blood would squirt from my fingertips from all the typing if I didnt) anyway, he knew I was looking for a pcr for awhile. He informed me that they had a pcr which had been on layaway for over 8 months and the owner finally said SELL IT. His loss is my gain my friends. I went to the shop after work to put the gun on layaway. Well first of all, they were only going to charge me the original sale price of $389.00, second, after fondling this wonderful little beast, I found my heart racing and all caution was thrown to the wind. I'll pay in full and give me some ammo!!!!!!! WWOOOHOOODeeehooo hooo HOOOOOOOOOO!.

Ok. Im not exagerating. 350 rounds later, I decided I better get home and clean my new found love. I like the pcr. Shoots well, I tried four different types of ammo, no ftf's and great accuracy!

Heres where I need your guys' help.........and I know you'll help me cause youve been in the same situation.....How do I explain this impulse buy to my wife? Should I be up front and honest....semi honest and not so upfront.......hide my new girlfriend in the safe for months and not say anything.......what do you suggest?????

BTW, before I finish this post, let me add a couple of things. No complaints first of all, cool gun the pcr yes yes, great trigger sights you name I like it, only two things I would change....and Im being picky. (1) I like the mag release on both sides of the gun like my xd40, (2) right side above the trigger......youve all seen it, why does it have to protrude so far from the gun? I think it interupts the fluidity of the lines........Like I said Im being picky....just my opinions....got to go play with my new toy.....let me here your suggestions on my problem...jlock

Offline ut83

Czech This!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2002, 06:42:38 PM »
First off...congratulations..and welcome to the club.  I love the PCR....well both of mine anyway.  They are a fav of mine..also the Compacts and 83's.  Regarding your current situation...I dont think anyone can tell you the correct way to approach your situation percectly..but You bought it...."Tis better to ask for forgivness than for permission"  ..so you are not that bad off unless shes the violent type.  Id say...would you care if I bought me an early xmas present.....dear?  If she reacts possitively...ease into your confession.  Explain that they are not longer produced and sell for ungodly amounts of money on the net or some other creative white lie...its for a CZ bleepit...right?  If she reacts badly to your inquiry..in the safe...until its safe...:D
Shoot well

Offline CZNE

Czech This!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2002, 07:01:14 PM »
Look at it this way, the PCR isn't made anymore, it's a sweet shooter and you got it at a pretty good price.  The PCR is a well built pistol, from a company with good customer service and there are a couple of guys on this forum who likely would take it off your hands if you really needed to get rid of it.  

Now, how you approach that with your significant other is something you'll need to decide based on your previous experence.  Don't go by what works for someone else.  I usually don't say anything about a gun purchase unless asked directly as in, "is that a new gun?" to which I would reply, "yup, isn't it pretty"? and then take it from there, but remember my wife has pretty well given up on changing me at this point in our relationship. :)

reload4me2

Czech This!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2002, 08:45:38 AM »

Congrats n your purchase - love mine!

You are in the IDEAL situation with your wife.  The gun was on sale - MARKED down --you saved about 100 dollars - all things that stimulate a woman's brain pleasure zone (the one that is right next to the chocolate receptors).  I live with three females - I have heard the phrase " we saved so much money today" as they unpack bags of useless toliletries, redundant sweaters, - you name it.

Be upbeat, be positive, be prepared to spend a few nights in the yard freezing your ass off in a sleeping bag/tent!

Good luck!   ;)

Offline jlock

Czech This!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2002, 10:53:28 AM »
I waited until we finished having sex. Then I told her I bought a new gun...I made sure to work her over really good so she was to relaxed to argue. I simply said "By the way, I bought an inexpensive hard to find good gun today" She said " thats nice sweetheart....could you get me a towel" Didnt even mention it when I told her Im going to the range later today.....Its all good!

Today Im taking my new pcr and my xd 40 out for awhile...Ill let you all know how it goes.

Offline ut83

Czech This!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2002, 12:40:14 PM »
Now can you get me a towel"  :rolleyes   Good show...maybe a little too much info...but good show none the less. :D
Shoot well

Offline CZNE

Czech This!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2002, 06:23:43 PM »
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaa,

That's great, a new and enjoyable way of breaking the handgun purchase to the little woman.  Ya gotta love this place.

Offline Pilot

Czech This!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2002, 07:24:43 PM »
If my wife doesn't ask me if I bought a new gun, I don't tell.  The PCR is tops.  I prefer it to the vaunted Sig 228.

Offline Rocko357

Czech This!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2002, 06:43:01 PM »
Forgivness is easier to get than permission.