Author Topic: CZ Custom projects  (Read 8939 times)

Online Stuart

CZ Custom projects
« on: July 19, 2014, 12:49:16 PM »
Finally catching up with customer orders and projects.
Here are few of the projects that have been quietly working on and are now ready.

Starting to roll out the P series improvements.
Sights and action work are first on the list.
New H-Tac rear and fiber optic fronts are available. Tritium will be available soon.
Great improvements on the action are happening too. This pistol is running a 6.5#DA, 3.2#SA and has been running great.

CZ 83 is getting a little attention too.
New aluminum basepads to give you a little more positive insertion.

* Working on some sight sets for the 83 also.

Offering the checkered grips for the compact pistols now too.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 12:58:22 PM by Stuart »

Offline trgt

Re: CZ Custom projects
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 12:55:35 PM »
Awesome! On the P-09, are you able to get a production-legal 'short-reset' in addition to the SA pull reduction?
A81079 | Carry Optics Accu-Shadow | Czechmate

Offline TX_Southpaw

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 02:49:23 PM »
I really like those grips are they closer VZ's Diamondbacks or Tactical Diamonds (if that's a possible comparison)?

Offline knedrgr

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 04:22:32 PM »
That's awesome to see the work on the P09.

Online Stuart

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 04:27:38 PM »
New rear sight for the CZ 83

Offline coolbox

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 05:46:00 PM »
Stuart
What front sight is that on the CZ83?
Life is too short to waste on a bad trigger pull

Offline Smitty79

• So many guns, so little time
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 06:18:19 PM »
Stuart,

Are you guys ever going to do some clone projects?   I would love to see more Sarsilmaz love.
Don't mistake my high post count for knowledge or wisdom.   I just like hearing myself type.

Offline pivoproseem

• My tour of CZ factory with Martin Kamenicek
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2014, 10:57:31 PM »
Why the new billboard on CZ Custom stuff? I dislike it enough that I'll never buy another set of AL grips. At least it's not as bad as the EGD stuff for Tanfos....
CZ shooter since '93

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2014, 11:33:15 PM »
Why the new billboard on CZ Custom stuff? I dislike it enough that I'll never buy another set of AL grips. At least it's not as bad as the EGD stuff for Tanfos....

Confused me.  What's "bad" about CZ  Custom updates  and the aluminum grips?

Offline gdawgs56

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2014, 01:09:06 AM »

Confused me.  What's "bad" about CZ  Custom updates  and the aluminum grips?

Exactly my thoughts. I think he's talking about the tiny CZC logo on the grips... I actually like it though.
CZ75 SP-01 Tactical Custom 9mm
MP 9mm 2.0
Glock 19

Offline Birds Away

• OSCM(SW/AW) USN (Ret.)
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2014, 08:39:58 AM »

I rather think it adds a bit of panache.
In Memoriam 04/02/2021

Offline TX_Southpaw

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 11:48:05 AM »
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 11:51:07 AM by TX_Southpaw »

Offline pivoproseem

• My tour of CZ factory with Martin Kamenicek
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2014, 07:37:29 PM »
 I just don't know why they had to add it, when things looked perfectly fine before...without them. They could easily just mark it on the inside.  I'm set for grips, thank goodness. I also don't like big rollmarks of animals on the side of an AR or STI pistols with the huge letters on the slide, just a personal preference.
CZ shooter since '93

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2014, 08:10:17 PM »
Well,  I guess you can say,  that these pistols aren't imported and sold as stock.  CZC actually add the refinements and custom work--including the grips to make them what they are.  Like Brazos or STI or Les Baer pistols they put their logo on them to distinguish them from stock pistols.

I do tend to agree if this 'branding' gets carried away,  but CZC has been tastefully restrained as far as I can see.. 
I have the identical complaint with automobile dealers who brand the New Cars with their emblems, decals and license plate brackets;    BUt if the car had distinguishing emblems came from Mark Donahue or XYZ Racing Team,  I might be proud of it.   
Like you say, personal preferences.

Offline harkamus

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2014, 08:43:52 PM »
I agree on the CZC markings. They are tacky at best. As a buyer, I know what I'm buying. I don't need to be reminded that my gun is a CZ Customs piece. The grips are okay with the marking, but when they slap the company logo with Angus Hobdell (no offense to the guy, he's a great shooter and I love him for all he's done for CZ guns as much as any straight guy can love a guy) on things, it's just too much. It is enough to turn me off buying the match grade barrels. Fortunately, I have an Accu-shadow and don't really need the extra minute improvement in performance.

And fortunately again, I own an early Accu-shadow without CZC engraved on the barrel bushing.

Here's a rhetorical question. Does CZ Customs really need to advertise on their products? I'd say most people that know of CZ Customs are enthusiasts. The ones that don't know will probably ask a shooter what gun that is.

Example of tacky:

I'm reminded of X-zibit. "Yo, dawg. I heard you like guns, so I put a gun on a gun so you can shoot while it shoots." <--referring to the actual logo of a guy shooting a gun on an actual gun.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 11:25:02 AM by harkamus »

anything