Author Topic: Gun policy in California  (Read 303 times)

Offline M.Ray

Gun policy in California
« on: September 19, 2019, 12:37:40 AM »
Going through the gun policy in California and learnt that I need to stay in the US for at 90 days before purchasing a gun. Unexpected  :(
May the force be with you & me.

Offline DOC 1500

Re: Gun policy in California
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 08:00:23 PM »
IT'S  COMIFORNIA 🤪.
It's their next step to banning all guns.
Why anybody who believes in the Constitution, the flag, and patriotism, would ever live there is beside me.
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 09:26:45 PM »
Before everyone starts foaming at the mouth about California, I believe the OP is neither a permanent resident, nor a US Citizen. As such, this is a Federal restriction, rather than a State one.

18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B) and 922(y)(2); 27 CFR 478.11 and 478.32

An alien admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa is prohibited from shipping, transporting, receiving, or possessing a firearm or ammunition unless the alien falls within one of the exceptions provided in 18 U.S.C. 922(y)(2), such as: a valid hunting license or permit, admitted for lawful hunting or sporting purposes, certain official representatives of a foreign government, or a foreign law enforcement officer of a friendly foreign government entering the United States on official law enforcement business.”

So, you can rent one, but not own one.

Even legally here on a visa, he still needs to establish a residential address, which is where the 90 days comes in.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 09:31:23 PM by Grendel »
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline M.Ray

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 10:48:25 PM »
Before everyone starts foaming at the mouth about California, I believe the OP is neither a permanent resident, nor a US Citizen. As such, this is a Federal restriction, rather than a State one.

18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B) and 922(y)(2); 27 CFR 478.11 and 478.32

An alien admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa is prohibited from shipping, transporting, receiving, or possessing a firearm or ammunition unless the alien falls within one of the exceptions provided in 18 U.S.C. 922(y)(2), such as: a valid hunting license or permit, admitted for lawful hunting or sporting purposes, certain official representatives of a foreign government, or a foreign law enforcement officer of a friendly foreign government entering the United States on official law enforcement business.”

So, you can rent one, but not own one.

Even legally here on a visa, he still needs to establish a residential address, which is where the 90 days comes in.

Got it. Thank you very much!
May the force be with you & me.

anything