Author Topic: UN Take-over of OUR 2nd Amendment Averted  (Read 2525 times)

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
UN Take-over of OUR 2nd Amendment Averted
« on: October 15, 2014, 07:07:18 PM »
..Vote passed 53-46

The U.N. Resolution 2117 lists 21 points dealing with firearms control, but perhaps of most interest is point number 11. It: CALLS FOR MEMBER STATES TO SUPPORT WEAPONS COLLECTION and DISARMAMENT of all UN countries.
By a 53-46 vote - The U.S. Senate voted against the U.N. resolution. HOORAY.
This is that brief, glorious moment in history when everyone stands around...reloading.
Now, Which 46 Senators Voted to Destroy Us? Well, let their names become known ! See below . If you vote in one of the states listed with these 46 legis..traitors. vote against them.
In a 53-46 vote, the Senate narrowly passed a measure that will stop the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty. The Statement of Purpose from the Senate Bill reads: "To uphold Second Amendment rights and prevent the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty." The U.N. Small Arms Treaty, which has been championed by the Obama Administration, would have effectively placed a global ban on the import and export of small firearms. The ban would have affected all private gun owners in the U.S. and had language that would have implemented an international gun registry, now get this, on all private guns and ammo.
Astonishingly, 46 out of our 100 United States Senators were willing to give away our Constitutional rights to a foreign power.
Here are the 46 senators who voted to give your rights to the U.N.
Baldwin (D-WI)
Baucus (D-MT)
Bennett (D-CO)
Blumenthal (D-CT)
Boxer (D-CA)
Brown (D-OH)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Cardin (D-MD)
Carper (D-DE)
Casey (D-PA)  (NEEDS TO BE VOTED OUT IN NOVEMBER)
Coons (D-DE)
Cowan (D-MA)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Franken (D-MN)
Gillibrand (D-NY)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hirono (D-HI)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kaine (D-VA)
King (I-ME)
Klobuchar (D-MN)
Landrieu (D-LA) Needs to be  voted out in November
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
McCaskill (D-MO)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Merkley (D-OR)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murphy (D-CT)
Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Sanders (I-VT)
Schatz (D-HI)
Schumer (D-NY)
Shaheen (D-NH)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Udall (D-CO)
Udall (D-NM)
Warner (D-VA)
Warren (D-MA)
Whitehouse (D-RI)
Wyden (D-OR)
Folks: This needs to go viral. These Senators voted to let the UN take OUR guns. They need to lose their next election. We have been betrayed. 46 Senators Voted to Give your 2nd Amendment Constitutional Rights to the U.N.
Please send this to SOMEONE!

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
Re: UN Take-over of OUR 2nd Amendment Averted
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 07:32:37 PM »
They can't give our Constitutional Rights to anyone. What they can do is ban the import and export of small arms. Anything else...forget it.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline levellinebrad

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 07:43:19 PM »
I'm surprised that I didn't see Kay Hagans name on that list. I am not however surprised that they are all democrats.
Greed and the struggle for power will rule the day until we the people decide we have had enough.

Offline Googe1227

• Chiraq CZ Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 08:19:58 PM »
She's in a tough re-election fight. Down in the latest polls I believe. Otherwise, she would have voted for it.

However, one of my illustrious Senators, Dicky Durbin of Illinois, voted for this clap trap and will  easily waltz to another six years while continuing to poop on the constitution. The machine has the low info vote all locked up in this pathetic state.

............sigh

Offline Riptide439

• Meet Riptide of Chincoteague
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 09:54:51 PM »
I will do my best to get Casey out of office I  Pa. He has also supported other anti gun bills in Pa. I have sent as much to family members as possible. They must think I an a rwzl red-neck!  ;D
75B 9mm Duel Tone * SP01 Shadow * SP01 Phantom * SP01 Tactical * 85 Combat * 2075 Rami * P-09 * P07 * 97BD Cajunized * P01
S&W 686-6 * Dan Wesson Valor .45 * SAR K2 .45 * Canick S120 9mm * Sig P226
452 Trainer * 452 Ultra Lux  x 2 * 452 Varmint Thumbhole*527 .223 Carbine*Rem 870 Express

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 10:32:09 PM »
They can't give our Constitutional Rights to anyone. What they can do is ban the import and export of small arms. Anything else...forget it.

Directly or "indirectly"  they will do their darndest.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 12:13:41 AM »
Baucus from MT. Is gone. He retired in March. Now he's ambassador to China.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 02:09:34 AM »
Baucus from MT. Is gone. He retired in March.

Right.  Because unfortunately this chain email has been making the rounds since April of 2013, and in another even less honest form since 2010 that actually claimed we had already entered into the treaty, despite it not having even come out of the U.N. yet.  The actual vote referenced was for an amendment to an unrelated bill that non-bindingly reaffirmed U.S. citizens 2nd Amendment rights.  It was not a vote on the U.S. entering into the treaty in question.

Well, I guess this means there is an election coming up.  And there I was thinking the powder shortage might be coming to an end.   ;)

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2014, 02:42:55 AM »
Thanks ID,  Duh.

I'm not optimistic about the 'powder shortages':  the shortages due to demand, the several Canadian IMR powders being discontinued,  the Hogdon fires and shortages,  VV changing owners and 'updating the powder factory' kinda formed the "Perfect Storm"..   
On the other hand bullet supplies are pretty good and primers are coming back more and more.  Fingers crossed for a more normal powder supply next year.

Offline bobanddog

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2014, 09:02:24 AM »
A lot of bills in congress are of no relevance to actual policy or law, as Grendel point out is the case with this one.  They are simply political tools used to force a vote on an issue that can be used for or against a candidate come election time. 

If congress would quit wasting time on B.S. like this, they might actually get something accomplished between vacations.
"I have laid aside business, and gone a'fishing."

Izaak Walton

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2014, 01:38:50 PM »
I'm not optimistic about the 'powder shortages':

1SOW, I'm not overly optimistic (a little maybe?) about powder right now either.  I was just making a joke.  I'm one of the people who think that because the shortages start with panic buying, and panic buying is the result of this sort of political rhetoric getting ramped up during election cycles, that in fact this sort of political rhetoric is the root cause of shortages.  Every time I see this sort of rhetoric, I think "well, there goes the powder," and I was just reflecting that thought a little tongue-in-cheek.  ;)

Offline sikacz

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2015, 08:37:09 AM »
http://www.factcheck.org/2012/06/still-no-international-gun-ban-treaty/   
Old thread, but saw a petition floating about and decided to look a bit if there was need for concern. I don't see this doing anything for our US manufactured products and availability, but I'm concerned that it could change foreign product availability.