Author Topic: CZ 100  (Read 52626 times)

Offline Firemanjones

Re: CZ 100
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2014, 09:56:50 PM »
Way to go Cyanide!
Safety First
Living the dream, driving a Fire Engine RETIRED shooting my Guns in FL and the Mountains of NC and visiting family in Mannheim.

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2014, 10:22:22 PM »
Thanks, let's hold off on big celebrations lol. I could get it and pull the trigger that first time and immediately hate it and agree with all of the negative reviews.....but hopefully not!

Just have to make sure that I devote equal time to it, the new Beretta, the P-01, P-07, Steyr, and Grand Power. That case of ammo I just picked up from Freedom Munitions is going to come in handy!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 02:06:42 AM by Cyanide »

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2014, 01:23:16 PM »
We oughtta have a get-together for all us in the Florida-based CZ Gang sometime! Heck, everyone can come!!!

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2014, 01:36:55 PM »
Thanks Mike.

Offline Firemanjones

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2014, 03:42:04 PM »
Right on!
Safety First
Living the dream, driving a Fire Engine RETIRED shooting my Guns in FL and the Mountains of NC and visiting family in Mannheim.

Offline MetalGravy

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2014, 12:36:59 AM »
Sooo, update?

Offline Tok36

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2014, 01:25:05 AM »
Interesting pistol. I cant say i am in love with how it looks, but i am interested to hear more about it. Maybe it will grow on me, you never know.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2014, 09:39:40 AM »
Sooo, update?
Haven't gotten it yet bros (or my Beretta), still on the road with work. It will be sometime later this week though, can't wait!

Offline Makaroviii

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2014, 11:13:58 PM »
It was many years ago I had the chance to handle the CZ 100. From what I remember, the grip felt slick and needed more texture and you already know what is said about the trigger...
Potestas Democraticorum delenda est!
NRA Endowment Member

The three most important components of stopping power are bullet placement, bullet placement and bullet placement. - Evan Marshall

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2014, 11:31:34 PM »
I have owned and shot a CZ-100. I did not like it. The trigger pull was bad, very bad. It was a one-of design made for a foriegn buyer to their specs, from common folklore, and when that fell through they sold it as the CZ-100 and outside of the US as the CZ 110, which was DA/SA, IIRC.

Cyanide, CZ is highly unlikely to ever revist that design, sorry. The CZ P-07 is a better pistol by far, IMHO.

That oddball protrusion halfway down the top of the slide is a one hand cocking device, meant to hook to a "thing" on your belt to rack the slide one handed. Why...no idea.

It looked great, felt great, and shot terribly because of that horrible DAo pull.

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2014, 09:54:32 AM »
Cyanide, CZ is highly unlikely to ever revist that design, sorry. The CZ P-07 is a better pistol by far, IMHO.

I know, I know. But would be nice if CZ made a limited run of DAO P-07's (and 09's too) for us oddballs, 'cause I'd be all over it! I already love the Omega trigger as is and can only imagine having one in DAO with maybe a couple of pounds or so trimmed off of the stock pull.

Picture if you would, DAO P-07 (or even P-01) with a 6# or 7# trigger pull, trigger work by either CGW or CZC work to reduce takeup slack and pull length, bobbed hammer, and stock Meprolights. I think it could work, and in this day and age where most everybody wants that "one, consistent trigger pull", that desire could be met. CZ, are you listening, even if I'm the only one?

Just my little fantasy world, but I think if that creature ever created, people would take note and there would be quite a few more CZ's in the hands of shooters, and fewer Glocks, PPQ's, M&P's, etc. Would just take good word-of-mouth results, aggressive marketing, and aftermarket support. Not saying it would take over the world mind you, but for me personally, it would be a whole lot closer to, "Perfection".

Moving on....

Only a few more hours now before I can pick up the new additions, but most likely I won't be able to get to the range until probably Friday or Saturday to actually shoot.

I have been thinking (I know, very dangerous, handle w/care hahaha), if my opinion on the CZ 100 turns out to agree with the majority of people who hate the trigger, I will keep it but relegate it to my DA trainer.  Seriously, I figure if the trigger pull is truly that bad, then it can do nothing but help improve what I already do with my P-01 & P-07.

Uh oh, almost forgot about that butter smooth DAO Cougar trigger. bleep!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 09:56:21 AM by Cyanide »

Offline Firemanjones

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2014, 10:38:03 AM »
Well I am sure you will improve it a bit by doing some polishing.
Safety First

Offline Firemanjones

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2014, 10:43:17 AM »
Check these links out, maybe you can improve on yous if it needs it.
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=4281.0
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=4152.0
Safety First

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2014, 09:27:22 PM »
WOW! Okay either I'm an oddball or I have one of the best triggers on any CZ 100 ever made! I arrived at my LGS a few minutes too late to actually take delivery today, as they already had the computers and everything shut down but, they at least let me handle it and to be quite honest, I'm very impressed.

Yes, y'all heard correctly, I am impressed and absolutely cannot wait to get to the range ASAP and to start putting rounds through this thing. I really don't see why all the negativity over the trigger. I dry fired mine about 30 times in the store and yes, the trigger pull is long and though I see exactly why the complaint of overtravel, it is very smooth and doesn't seem to be any longer of a pull than any other true double action handgun. Dare I say it is both smoother and lighter feeling than my Beretta 8000 D that I had right beside it.

The other thing I noticed was how small this pistol feels in my hand. Even though it is comparatively identical in size to the P-01 & P-07, it sure seems smaller and lighter. If this thing shoots as well as it feels, I will most likely get the grip stippled on the sides to compliment the front and back gripping lugs/checkering, because I can honestly see a strong possibility of me using this as EDC! Further reports to follow....

Offline Firemanjones

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2014, 09:46:41 PM »
It is possible that a previous owner did some work on the trigger.
Safety First

anything