Author Topic: Recoil Red Reducer (DPM) vs Reduced Wolff Spring  (Read 5830 times)

brucop

Recoil Red Reducer (DPM) vs Reduced Wolff Spring
« on: April 25, 2006, 01:09:06 PM »
Hi folks,

What is the difference between a multi spring system like the Recoil Red Reducer from DPM and a classical reduced spring from Wolff ?
It seems to be a hightech spring like on the STI/SVI !

www.gunblast.com/DPM.htm
www.dpmsystems.com/en/home

Is the DPM better for the gun ?
Is there a different muzzle flip ?
Is the slide easier to cock ?
Is the DPM autorised in "production class" ?

Thanks for replies  

8o

Offline Stuart

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 03:39:54 PM »
I just started playing with a Springco system in my SP01..

only a couple hundred rounds through it at this point..my main focus for the first practice session with it was to make sure it did not change the reliability of the gun..so far so good.

I did not notice any obvious sensation of less recoil..afterall it is still 9mm at 130PF..

but I did notice my shoots tended to group tighter..where shooting a El Pres type drill..my shots were in tighter groups..but that might have been my focus on that drill at that time..vs the recoil system..

anyway..still experimenting and observing..

Offline William Chase

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 08:45:14 AM »
I know this is a "blast from the past," but are you still using and liking the Springco system? If so, which model was it? The Springco online list doesn't specifically show the SP-01, so I'm at a loss to guess.

Did you get any buffers to use with it?

Thanks!
Bill
"The right to buy weapons is the right to be free". A.E van Vogt
CZ75 P-01   CZ52 (53)  S&W 642  
1903 M96B Carl Gustaf Swedish Mauser Remington 870 Wingmaster 12Ga
USPSA Area 4, Brazosland Pistoleros

Offline Stuart

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 06:03:44 PM »
I have switched back to a SS guide rod and Wolffe spring in one of my SP01s and the other has the polymer rod and a Wolffe spring..

I did not notice a huge difference between a 11# spring the springco unit..especially with minor loads in the 128 to 130PF range..

one of the main reasons I switched away was I was going good..about three or four 200-300 round practice sessions..no cleaning..loads were burning clean so all was good..got gun cleaned up for a state match...and on 4th stage...you could feel the unit kind of getting a hitch..then on next to last shot..the gun jammed..finish the stage..I took the gun apart..no real dirt..gun still has oil..but I swtich out to the SS rod and spring I had in my spares box..no new oil...and finished the next 6 stages with no problems..

anyway..I haven't switched back the try the springco again to try and see what happened..I did not see the gain shooting minor loads to try it again..

but that is just my experience..for that situation..otherwise I would say the springco unit is well made..and seemed to function reliably unitl that jam..

American-Veteran-2

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 07:46:27 PM »
8) When you mention you switch back to SS and Wolf Spring.  Did you mean a SS guide rod like Jackash?

Offline angus hobdell

• CZ Custom
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 11:06:20 PM »
I played around with some of these recoil redcuers but did not really notice any benefit.
i ave 60k on some of my guns with MINOR ammo and have not noticed the wear and tear.
Nice thing about a $500.00 gun is you can always buy another :-)
Not like spending $3000
Angus Duhhhh!

American-Veteran-2

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 07:46:32 PM »
I envy you Angus.  It took me 6 months to save $500 to buy the SP-01:(   I havn't bought a gun in 15 years.:(   I got the fever again but have no money:(   I'm glad to year you say that you have 60K in yours and no problem because to me $500 is like $3000.  It will be a while before the next if there is a next?  I got to get a trigger tune so I can be fully satisfied with my SP-01.  It's one of my favorite but it also has the worst trigger pull.  Don't get me wrong, it was definitely worth the $500 dollars I paid for it! Even though the Baby Eagle had a sweet stock trigger it didn't feel as good in my hand and it didn't have a 19 rd magazine!:rollin   The stainless steel guide rod if anything it looks good.:rolleyes

anything