Author Topic: Skorpion EVO pistol is HERE!  (Read 38805 times)

Offline Nimdabew

Re: Skorpion EVO pistol is HERE!
« Reply #150 on: January 16, 2015, 11:14:49 PM »
They have been in production for a while, and no, i haven't heard of any bugs with them, but that's the full auto subguns.
I have been told that there are several shipments in various places in the pipeline...we'll see how soon they get here. :)

If that is the case, I need to roll another 3k rounds anyways. I have a feeling when I do get one, it will be a hungry beast.
snakeye, no worries, I don't need someone in a leotard. :)

Offline Hairlesswookiee

« Reply #151 on: January 17, 2015, 12:01:38 PM »
Thats fine and dandy, but besides hunting various online stores for one, whichi is a pain, how can I get one? I don't necessarily want to pay gunbroker prices and hunting would consume my entire day.

I believe you answered your own question sir?..

- You do not want to pay a premium for the ones that are readily available.
- You do not want to look for those that are not readily available.

You are not going to be taking possession of one anytime soon based upon your preferences.  I'd advise you to either wait until supply has caught up with demand, or simply place an order with your local (or online based) CZ dealer as CZ-USA has already advised folks to do who want one of these?..

True. I will wait unless someone wants to take pity on me. I can wait and see if there are nay bugs to be worked out though I doubt there are any. These have been in production for a few years in Europe right?

Sorry man, but it looks like you're going to be sitting on the sidelines for a while. I would suggest going to Kentucky Gun Co and getting on the reservation list. I did on Monday, and I guess they got a couple extras in because I was notified Tuesday they had it in stock. Needless to say I ran out to my car to place my order on my phone.

My current dilemma is which red dot to put on it. I'm thinking of a Trijicon RMR, but then I'm curious about the Meopta mini red dot that is out. I haven't heard much about them other than they're great European optics, and finding a hands on review of the mini red dot has been a pain.

Offline Nimdabew

« Reply #152 on: January 17, 2015, 12:38:35 PM »
Is that the backorder list that you can put yourself on?

ETA: put an Aimpoints micro on it. Or an XPS 2-0. Or if you can't decide, sell it to me ;)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 12:40:58 PM by Nimdabew »

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #153 on: January 17, 2015, 01:02:28 PM »
I only have one red dot right now, which is on my vz-58. I might move it to the EVO for night time in home use. :) That's the classic Bushnell TRS-25, a bargain dot that works VERY well.

Offline 350zrb

« Reply #154 on: January 17, 2015, 03:16:50 PM »
Sorry man, but it looks like you're going to be sitting on the sidelines for a while. I would suggest going to Kentucky Gun Co and getting on the reservation list. I did on Monday, and I guess they got a couple extras in because I was notified Tuesday they had it in stock. Needless to say I ran out to my car to place my order on my phone.

My current dilemma is which red dot to put on it. I'm thinking of a Trijicon RMR, but then I'm curious about the Meopta mini red dot that is out. I haven't heard much about them other than they're great European optics, and finding a hands on review of the mini red dot has been a pain.
[/quote]

I have Meopta ZD Tactic M-RAD on mine Scorpion.
Cabela's had it on sale a few weeks ago so I bought it and I have no complain on M-RAD.
As for Scorpion, two minor complains:
1. Trigger is kind of heavy.
2. The safety on the right side is digging into my hand when shooting.

Offline Nimdabew

« Reply #155 on: January 17, 2015, 04:18:01 PM »
Can you post a pic of the guts of the gun?

Offline 350zrb

« Reply #156 on: January 17, 2015, 04:28:44 PM »
Can you post a pic of the guts of the gun?

The instruction that comes with the gun only shows how to remove the trigger assembly.
I am still investigating how to remove the metal piece at the end of the gun so I can take out the bolt assembly.

Offline mikec

« Reply #157 on: January 18, 2015, 01:50:19 AM »
Have you tried online disassembly videos?

Offline 350zrb

« Reply #158 on: January 18, 2015, 08:45:57 AM »
OK. I was able to remove the bolt without removing the back.
Also, there is a set screw on the safety switch that can be easily remove.

Offline muggia59

« Reply #159 on: January 18, 2015, 03:12:58 PM »
Love the TRS25 Mr A. Have 3 of them.
CZ SP01 Tactical, CZ SP01 Phantom, CZ P07, CZP01, CZCadet kit, CZ Scorpion EVO S1.

Offline RSR

« Reply #160 on: January 19, 2015, 05:16:20 PM »
PSA did have a really good sale on the TRS25s recently...  Not sure if it's still going.
EDIT, it is but the $50 w/o riser is no longer there.  With riser is $59.99 and then you just remove the riser: http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/bushnell-trs-25-hirise-3-moa-red-dot-optic-ar731306.html
Be aware though that PSA does take about 2 weeks to ship right now.

Also, there are two EVO offers currently on slickguns:

Kentucky Gun Co, backorder, $849.99 plus free shipping: http://www.slickguns.com/product/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1-pistol-84999-free-shipping
Prepper Gun Shop, pre-order, $799.99 plus $29 shipping: http://www.slickguns.com/product/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1-9mm-pistol-2-20rd-mags-pre-order-prepper-gun-shop-79999-29-sh
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 05:40:17 PM by RSR »

Offline Nimdabew

« Reply #161 on: January 19, 2015, 10:37:03 PM »
Are backorder/pre-orders now considered in stock?

Offline TheLocNar

« Reply #162 on: January 27, 2015, 01:06:36 PM »
Are backorder/pre-orders now considered in stock?

Doubt it. Got this from Automatic Accuracy's Facebook:

We have started receiving shipments of Scorpions! As promised, we are working down the pre-order list in the order the deposits were collected. We did not receive as many Scorpions as we wanted or was promised and it appears that all dealers and distributors were affected. There simply are not enough goods to meet demand. And demand is through the roof. At a recent visit to CZ-USA I got a peek at Scorpion orders. I can't and won't divulge the numbers, but suffice to say the Scorpion is poised to become the single hottest item that CZ-USA has ever carried.

So just a quick FYI, if you plan on picking up a Scorpion at your local dealer when they come in, you are probably out of luck. The way things are going it appears that the supply is not going to meet the demand for the entire 2015 year. We here think the best thing to do is place a pre-order and sit back and wait. Stumbling onto one at your local shop probably just isn't going to happen.
Also, factory 20rd and 30rd mags will become available mid to late February. Demand on those items are also through the roof. Same for folding stocks.

Offline Nimdabew

« Reply #163 on: January 28, 2015, 12:36:52 AM »
We have started receiving shipments of Scorpions! As promised, we are working down the pre-order list in the order the deposits were collected. We did not receive as many Scorpions as we wanted or was promised and it appears that all dealers and distributors were affected. There simply are not enough goods to meet demand. And demand is through the roof. At a recent visit to CZ-USA I got a peek at Scorpion orders. I can't and won't divulge the numbers, but suffice to say the Scorpion is poised to become the single hottest item that CZ-USA has ever carried.

So just a quick FYI, if you plan on picking up a Scorpion at your local dealer when they come in, you are probably out of luck. The way things are going it appears that the supply is not going to meet the demand for the entire 2015 year. We here think the best thing to do is place a pre-order and sit back and wait. Stumbling onto one at your local shop probably just isn't going to happen.
Also, factory 20rd and 30rd mags will become available mid to late February. Demand on those items are also through the roof. Same for folding stocks.

Hmm... Well then. I will be saving $75 a month for the next year it seems.

ETA: Who am I kidding? I am going to keep my credit card at hand and if I see one, it is getting purchased.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 12:38:52 AM by Nimdabew »

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #164 on: January 28, 2015, 08:34:27 PM »
That's the spirit!  ;D  It got a LOT of looks and handling at SHOT, I can tell you that right up front!

anything