Author Topic: if i have to wait any longer  (Read 1444 times)

Offline beardownwildcat

if i have to wait any longer
« on: August 14, 2006, 03:06:00 PM »
so i jumped in and bought a SP-01 for my first handgun (.22's don't really count), and i have no regrets...at least about the gun.  i ordered it and it is now backordered for another three weeks!!  i have waited so long already and i am getting the hunger for some range time, but from what i read on here, that can be quite normal :)  since i got nothing but time, i am going to put in an order from some new springs, and look around for a holster. i may have lots of questions, hopefully you won't mind enabling a newbie CZ addiction.  oh and haha, i live in the valley with angus, which may feed any customizing habits i have to dangerous levels :hat

American-Veteran-2

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 09:05:45 PM »
;) Great choice!
I also live in Mesa Arizona and bought my SP-01 from Angus, just my luck he had both the P-01 and SP-01 in stock waiting for me in kitchen table.  Obviously I bought the SP-01 and don't regret it one bit:b
When I stop spending money going to the range at Rio Salado, I'm going to have Angus work on my trigger and replace the hammer and I'll ask his advise about replace the trigger.
These guys out here are spoiled some have MACHINE GUNS!!!:eek   Coming from the Bay Area California they started banning the FUN STUFF 20 years ago>:

Anybody have experience in Tactical Laser/Flashlight?  Insight M6X or Streamlight TLR-2?8o

Offline beardownwildcat

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 04:11:46 PM »
my buddy just came from there and i am helping him pick out a compact gun.  i love this state and i forgot how much until he is mentioning things like "wait, how many rounds does this carry?", "you can't own machine guns, can you?", or the always popular, "you can carry it open with no permit?". i have helped him label it down to the sig 229, 239, px4, or glock 19. i like the fact we can go to so many places, find great selections, and then go out and shoot them. oh and yes those guys are spoiled for owning machine guns...:D

American-Veteran-2

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 08:08:01 PM »
I started out looking for a concealed gun and yes I was going to get a license.  I narrowed it down to the Px4 Storm or the P-01, the Storm holds 17 rd magazine vs 14 for P-01. :rolleyes  It was a hard choice till I held the SP-01 and 19 rd magazine.:D   I probably would have bought the P0-1 because it was a little bit smaller and felt really good in my hands.  Which one did your friend end up buying?  I been thinking about buying a holster for my Desert Eagle .44 mag.:hat   You think it might be to much of a gun?:eek

Offline angus hobdell

• CZ Custom
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 06:25:05 PM »
Who are you buying the gun from that you have to wait the weeks I ahve them in stock
Angus Duhhhh!

Offline beardownwildcat

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 02:19:02 PM »
i snagged it from impact when they had the standard on sale with night sights at $435 (but with shipping and FFL costs).  it is the lowest price i had seen on them, but looks like i'm not the only one who saw their sale. what are you selling the standards for (3 slot, night sights)? if its around the same price b/c of shipping and  FFL, i may be very interested.  that way i could pick up the springs at the same time that i was about to order. thanks!

Offline angus hobdell

• CZ Custom
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 09:55:15 AM »
email me
angus@ghostholster.com
Angus Duhhhh!

Offline beardownwildcat

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 02:41:45 PM »
awesome, just sent an email.  oh and my friend hasn't completely decided yet on a gun, i am just helping him collect information. i was thinking about getting him on the CZ p-01 bandwagon, but he is a name brand guy.  shoes, clothes, and guns. he likes glocks b/c they are glocks and sigs for the same thing, but they are good choices.  he'll probably stick by the main brands b/c he knows nothing about CZ.  when i walk into a shop with my SP-01 i like the odd looks, he just wants what everyone else has .:rolleyes

anything