CZ PISTOL CLUBS > CZ CLONE CLUB

SAR B6P poly 1/2 A** trigger job ...but it works

(1/7) > >>

win308:
As mentioned in an earlier post, I got a B6P on sale from CDNN for $249 + shipping + FFL fee ...$285 out the door.  The gun shoots great and feels good to the hand.  Using my handy trigger gage, I have about a 12 pound double action and slightly under 6 pound single action.  A nice gun, especially considering the price.

I'm thinking I can improve the trigger pull without spending too much money, so I disassemble the safety and sear cage from the frame.  A rubber band to cock the hammer and keep it that way makes the sear cage that much easier to come out.  Notice the pin just below and to the right of the serial number.....below the number 7.  This holds the hammer housing into the plastic frame/receiver.  You have to drive this one pin out to remove the hammer and housing from the frame.  All other frame pins....leave them alone.

Tools needed for this job.  Small hammer and small punch.  Rubber band, as already mentioned.  Trigger pull gage to measure results.  I used a small hemostat clamp to move spring arm to release the safety from the sear cage and park it in it's release notch, but a small screw driver or dental pick would have worked also. 

Finally, a Wilson Combat spring kit for a S&W revolver.  I had these springs left over from my last Revolver job, so I didn't have to buy any additional springs for the Sarsilmaz.

Here is the sear frame and the hammer frame removed from the receiver. 

Drive the hammer pin out from the hammer frame, and the hammer comes out.  It's under a little spring pressure, so don't let the hammer go flying away.  The spring shown on the left (below) is the stock hammer spring.....16 pounds.  The spring on the right is a trigger return spring from a S&W revolver.  The spring kit for the revolver ships with a 13, 14, and a 15 pound trigger return spring.  I had already used the 14 pound spring on my revolver, so I was left with a 13 and a 15 pound spring to choose for the SAR...I took the 13 pound.  The S&W spring was a little too long, so I clipped a few coils, but since it was only 13 pounds, I left it a little longer than the stock SAR hammer spring.

I reassembled everything with the clipped end of the spring down.  It fit like a glove.  Put it all together to see if it would strike the primers hard enough to give 100% ignition.  I took off to the range.  I used some reloads and some factory WCC NATO ammo.

Every round fired first strike...these are my reloads with standard CCI small pistol primers.  NATO ammo all fired as well:

Now I have an eight pound double action and a three and a half pound single action trigger pull.  I didn't touch anything else.  No polish, no filing no smoothing (and didn't touch the hammer hooks or sear...that's why it's 1/2 trigger job):

mwj999:
Impressive!

Tok36:
^^Indeed. Very informative. Thanks you for the post and pictures!

Charie Zulu:
Wolff makes springs for the EAA http://www.gunsprings.com/index.cfm?page=items&cID=1&mID=19

win308:
I know Wolff makes springs for the Tanfoglio and CZ, not sure that those springs are exact for the Sarsilmaz.  Since Wolff doesn't say they fit the SAR, I decided to experiment with what I had sitting in the drawer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version