Author Topic: RAMI magazine extensions  (Read 6284 times)

Offline 357MAGNOLE

RAMI magazine extensions
« on: March 11, 2015, 01:53:47 PM »
How do you like yours?

Do you use the original extension that comes on them or one of the modified extensions? I have one of the modified ones on currently but it sticks out through  my clothing just enough to annoy me.  The smaller extension conceals a little nicer even though its about half a inch less in size.

As far as the extension goes, I don't really notice it feeling much better than the original so I am thinking about putting the original back on...
USN 2006-Present
CZ 455 Varmit Evolution .22 LR
CZ Scorpion EVO 3
CZ 512 .22 WMR
Cajunized P-09

Offline cntrydawwwg

Re: RAMI magazine extensions
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 02:44:19 PM »
I prefer the original. I tuck my pinky under the mag base. It just feels better to me. YMMV
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline BGlas

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 03:22:19 PM »
The stock base for the 10rd is just an awkward size for me. I've done the Pierce extension which fits my pinky well, but then isn't much shorter than my P-01. I actually prefer the 10rd mag with the plastic base from the RAMI 14rd mag, it is just right for me to tuck my pinky under.

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 04:41:24 PM »
How do you like yours?

Do you use the original extension that comes on them or one of the modified extensions? I have one of the modified ones on currently but it sticks out through  my clothing just enough to annoy me.  The smaller extension conceals a little nicer even though its about half a inch less in size.

As far as the extension goes, I don't really notice it feeling much better than the original so I am thinking about putting the original back on...

I take it you're asking about the 10-round mag?

I cannot stand the stock plastic base plate. It juts out awkwardly and either digs into your little finger or forces your little finger under the magazine. Totally uncomfortable. The modded Pearce mag extension for the Springfield XD is comfortable, but the modification weakens the floor plate to the point that it can pop off easily and dump the contents of your mag on the ground. It also isn't quite a perfect fit on a CZ magazine.

The best one I've found is this aluminum extension from CZ Custom. It's comfortable, made specifically for CZ mags and won't pop off and dump your ammo on the ground at a critical moment:

http://czcustom.com/cz75flatalbasepadsil.aspx
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 04:46:58 PM by MeatAxe »

Offline cntrydawwwg

RAMI magazine extensions
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 05:08:32 PM »
The stock base for the 10rd is just an awkward size for me. I've done the Pierce extension which fits my pinky well, but then isn't much shorter than my P-01. I actually prefer the 10rd mag with the plastic base from the RAMI 14rd mag, it is just right for me to tuck my pinky under.
    I'll have to give that a try. Next time I order from CZ USA I'll order a couple.
   Brian, if you get a chance could you post a pic showing the two side by side?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 05:11:16 PM by cntrydawwwg »

Offline 357MAGNOLE

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 06:33:47 PM »
    I'll have to give that a try. Next time I order from CZ USA I'll order a couple.
   Brian, if you get a chance could you post a pic showing the two side by side?

I would like to see this as well. I shot the RAMI today with the stock base plate and it was actually pretty nice for shooting. It is comfortable for me.
USN 2006-Present
CZ 455 Varmit Evolution .22 LR
CZ Scorpion EVO 3
CZ 512 .22 WMR
Cajunized P-09

Offline Heavy

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 08:05:16 PM »
+1 on a pic of that in a RAMI!

Offline BGlas

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 09:27:48 PM »
Here you go, I only have one 10rd at the moment so I can't show them back to back, but did put each of them on the RAMI.

Stock 10rd base plate; just an awkward size for me, too small to hold my pinky and too big to allow it to tuck under.

Stock 14rd metal plate; initially thought it would be just what I wanted, I use them trimmed down on my P-01 and they are perfect. But on the RAMI the grip angle is difference and I can't trim down enough of the lip to keep it from poking my ring finger.

Stock 14rd RAMI mag (and CZ100) base plate; fits me perfectly. Holds in my ring finger and allows my pinky to tuck down below. I thought the gap in the back would bug me, but don't feel it at all.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 10:22:50 PM »
Thanks BGlas. I'll have to experiment soon.
       Just one more question if you don't mind........
     Why the HECK are there rubber grips on your pistol!!!!

Offline BGlas

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 10:35:01 PM »
Thanks BGlas. I'll have to experiment soon.
       Just one more question if you don't mind........
     Why the HECK are there rubber grips on your pistol!!!!

Haha, couple of reasons; mostly because I fit every set I make on it so I have to swap grips fairly often. It has hex screws because I couldn't find my flat bladed screwdriver at the time.  Also because I have trouble picking a favorite set; I send all the nice ones out to the rest of y'all  O0

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2015, 11:16:22 PM »
Well, I guess that's a good reason. thanks.
     Sorry for the side track guys.

Offline Towns

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2015, 01:21:57 AM »
I prefer the original. I tuck my pinky under the mag base. It just feels better to me. YMMV

Me too.  Feels just right to me like that.  I'm not messing with it.................yet.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

anything