Author Topic: Announcement from CZ-USA, stocks and SBRs  (Read 10946 times)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Announcement from CZ-USA, stocks and SBRs
« on: April 10, 2015, 12:14:25 PM »
Scorpion Factory Stock to be Made Available This Summer
Since the release of the CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol in October of 2014, CZ-USA has received many inquiries about the availability of the factory folding stock. It has always been CZ-USA?s intention to make the stock available to the public as soon as practicable.
Obviously, an approved Form 1 is required to convert the CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol into an SBR. The ATF has informed us that 922r does apply, and their official parts count for the Scorpion Pistol is 16 parts. CZ-USA is currently in the process of manufacturing a number of US-made parts which we intend to sell both individually and as part of a kit to ensure that individuals manufacturing SBRs have the means to comply with 922r.
We?re also working closely with a number of US manufacturers to ensure a variety of US-made parts are available from sources other than CZ-USA. That being said, until more qualifying 922r compliance parts are available from aftermarket sources, the factory stock will only be available as part of the kit including the required compliance parts.
We expect to begin selling the stocks as part of a 922r compliance kit in late summer (earlier if at all possible).
Retail cost of the compliance kit will be very reasonable, ensuring that a CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 SBR will remain one of the most reasonably priced pistol-caliber carbines available to the public.

Offline Border Dave

Re: Announcement from CZ-USA, stocks and SBRs
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 12:19:44 PM »
Thanks for the update.  Between this forum and John Simmons, I'm really starting to love CZ-USA.

Offline skyred24

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 12:20:15 PM »
You beat me to it lol...can you go ahead and delete my topic on the same subject...Anyways guess I start on filling out a Form 1.

Offline fordemti

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 12:25:50 PM »
That's awesome!

Offline DDNC

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 12:59:02 PM »
That's cool. Wonder what the price will be? So 6 parts needed. 5 minus the FH.

Offline fordemti

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 01:01:16 PM »
Let me help CZ with US parts compliance. Get Magpul to make some mags. That's 3 parts there. And talk to Geissele about replacing the entire trigger pack with one that doesn't suck. Done! Oh and maybe a slightly larger charging handle. Not huge. Just a little bigger.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 01:04:06 PM »
fordemti beat me to it - mags count for 3.:)Throw in a US made pistol grip that has a hinged floorplate so we have battery storage, (that  cavity is big enough to put a spare soda in there!), and I'm not sure the charging handle would meet the definition of "operating rod", but it might. I agree, that handle could be about 1/4 to 1/2 inch longer for me.

Offline deathray

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 01:25:25 PM »
This is annoying as hell (as I wait on my scorpion's form 1)

I own an SBR Vector mini Uzi that has been on the NFA registry for over a decade, and it was never required to be 922r compliant.  It even has an Israeli receiver.

This whole ruling by decree thing needs to stop.

Offline mtnrider

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 01:51:37 PM »
Let me help CZ with US parts compliance. Get Magpul to make some mags. That's 3 parts there. And talk to Geissele about replacing the entire trigger pack with one that doesn't suck. Done! Oh and maybe a slightly larger charging handle. Not huge. Just a little bigger.

Sounds easy but you can strike MagPul off that wish list for starters. The Scorpian is way too small in numbers for them to even think about producing products for. Doesn't fit into their business model.

Offline TITAN308

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2015, 01:53:49 PM »
Don't care.  I have other letters from the ATF stating 922r does not apply to SBR.

Offline DDNC

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2015, 01:54:47 PM »
This is annoying as hell (as I wait on my scorpion's form 1)

I own an SBR Vector mini Uzi that has been on the NFA registry for over a decade, and it was never required to be 922r compliant.  It even has an Israeli receiver.

This whole ruling by decree thing needs to stop.
Don't worry about it now. Statute of limitations = 5 years. Your UZI is now and American made firearm.

Offline TITAN308

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2015, 02:01:11 PM »
I removed what pics I could.  Op Spec and all that.

But for the record.  I really don't care. I personally believe a solid legal argument could be made.

Offline deathray

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2015, 02:38:05 PM »
Don't worry about it now. Statute of limitations = 5 years. Your UZI is now and American made firearm.

Which is great for that gun, but still sort of hoses me on my scorpion which I was planning on using as an SBR at the MGM Ironman match in June.

Offline jdubya87

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2015, 02:51:54 PM »
Has anyone emailed geissele about a trigger pack...?

Offline Hammerdown3512

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2015, 03:47:47 PM »
i am assuming that 16 parts does NOT include the CZ stock?  with stock... 17 parts? :-\

late (ie: end) of summer.... and you can bet those "compliance kits" will be out of stock everywhere for 3-4 months once they become available.

still glad I have my ASG stock....  i mean... what stock? ???

as I said before, take off the muzzle device in favor of a can.... 5 parts left.   

someone make a FCG and a grip.. magpul start churning out mags....we will be good to go.

guys who have them... keep 'em on the down low til 922r parts are in it... 8)

anything