Author Topic: CZ 83 feeding problem  (Read 2079 times)

Offline bamajoey

CZ 83 feeding problem
« on: February 21, 2015, 03:28:55 PM »
I have a CZ 83 I bought  from Cole Distributors that I am having a feeding problem with. I have the original mag, as well as 2 aftermarket mags, and am having the same problem with all three. It will feed and fire several rounds then the slide will lock open with a round sitting at the top of the mag. I can hit the slide release, or rack the slide and the round will go into firing position, the slide will close and I can fire several more rounds before it happens again. There doesn't appear to be any problem with ejecting spent brass.
Can anyone give me any ideas what the problem may be? Any ideas will be appreciated. :)

Offline eastman

Re: CZ 83 feeding problem
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 09:37:49 PM »
Check your grip. You may be holding it too high and your thumb is bumping the slide stop up.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline ZardozCZ

• Recently returned to shooting and loving it!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 11:01:43 PM »
If your grip isn't on the slide release, check that the release lever has enough spring tension to hold it in the down position during the cycle of the slide. Mine was bent a bit and didn't hold it down out of the way. Check another thread here for some good links on how to fix, they should be very recent.

Keep us informed.
"We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."
Aboriginal Proverb

Offline bamajoey

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 06:56:43 AM »
If your grip isn't on the slide release, check that the release lever has enough spring tension to hold it in the down position during the cycle of the slide. Mine was bent a bit and didn't hold it down out of the way. Check another thread here for some good links on how to fix, they should be very recent.

Keep us informed.

Thanks for the replies folks, I checked my grip (I am a lefty) and it doesn't seem to be interfering with the slide release, but the release lever spring seems to be a little weak. If I need to replace the spring, where would be the best place to find one?

Offline Skookum

• Truth is the new hate speech.
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 04:06:53 AM »
I checked my grip (I am a lefty) and it doesn't seem to be interfering with the slide release, but the release lever spring seems to be a little weak. If I need to replace the spring, where would be the best place to find one?

Get a cheap parts gun to cannibalize?
Skookum
Browning Challenger III, .22 Long Rifle, Glossy Blue
CZ 83, 9 Browning Court, Satin Nickel
CZ 75 Compact, 9 Luger, Dual Tone — Satin Nickel/Matte Blue
CZ 82, 9 Makarov, Czechoslovak People's Army Black
CZ 83, 7.65 Browning, Glossy Blue
Beretta 3032 Tomcat, .32 Auto, Inox

Offline knoxy

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 03:27:21 PM »
If I need to replace the spring, where would be the best place to find one?

I got some from Norm Sutton a few years back:

http://www.czforum.com/index.php?topic=1550.0

Offline bamajoey

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 06:50:45 PM »
If I need to replace the spring, where would be the best place to find one?

I got some from Norm Sutton a few years back:

http://www.czforum.com/index.php?topic=1550.0

This would be the best deal since CZ wants $7.35 for the shipping and only $2 for the spring. I removed my old one and straightened it. Works great

Offline Florida Mark

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 10:06:28 PM »
Bamajoey, if you're shooting a 32 acp, it's possible that you're experiencing 32 acp "Rim Lock". Since the 32 acp (7.65 Browning) cartridge is "semi-rimmed", a cartridge rim sometimes gets "stuck" behind the cartridge below it. You have to very carefully load the magazine, hopefully with the aid of a "LULA", going slowly. This phenomena is more likely with a double-stack magazine than with a single-stack.

anything