Author Topic: EAA/Tanfoglio Compact 10mm 12 rd mags  (Read 1780 times)

Offline Mayhem

EAA/Tanfoglio Compact 10mm 12 rd mags
« on: June 10, 2021, 12:03:09 PM »
  Good day everyone,
  I have a question concerning my steel compact 10mm.  It's has one 12 round magazine and I'm looking to get more mags.
 I see now that there out of stock everywhere I've looked on the net, even Gunbroker and other auction sites. 
Question will a EAA/Tanfoglio 40 cal mag work with this compact steel framed pistol?  These I can find.  I can't find any info about this.
Any help would be great.
Cheers
Ron
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 12:15:31 PM by Mayhem »
Retired USAF

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
Re: EAA/Tanfoglio Compact 10mm 12 rd mags
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 02:18:12 PM »
    I have a question concerning my steel compact 10mm.  It's has one 12 round magazine and I'm looking to get more mags.
 I see now that there out of stock everywhere I've looked on the net, even Gunbroker and other auction sites. 
Question will a EAA/Tanfoglio 40 cal mag work with this compact steel framed pistol? 

Nope!  Not unless that Magazine is meant for the Large Frame Compact Witness, which might make it adaptable.
Even then I would buy only one to see if it could be re-worked.

Compact .40 Cal Witnesses were also imported using the small 9mm/.40 Frame, but not many were imported.
Which is probably why you are seeing Magazines for them available, if those are Small Frame Magazines.

Looked at a few Magazine Suppliers for you, but they were also "Out of Stock".
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline Mayhem

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 02:26:20 PM »
Thanks jwc007,
  What do you think would be the best course to take? i your opinion?
Wait for re stock? and having a double stack magazine, would that make it a large frame compact?

Cheers
Ron
Retired USAF

Offline flareside_ford

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 08:41:01 PM »
All Witness pistols are double stack large or small frame. The difference is the length of the mag front to back. I shoot .40 out of my 10mm mags but I'm not sure the reverse would work. The large frame 9mm mags I have have a spacer in the back of the mag body. I'm guessing the .40 mags do as well. I usually buy my Witness mags straight from EAA. If you buy more than one you can get them for $25 a piece. I haven't checked to see if they are in stock or not. The gun will also run the full size 14 round mags if you want to use those.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 01:35:17 PM »
What flareside_ford said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What do you think would be the best course to take? i your opinion?
Wait for re stock? and having a double stack magazine, would that make it a large frame compact?

Wait for a re-stock or use full size 14 round magazines, if you can find them.
Contact EAA and see if they have any magazines on stock for your Pistol.

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline Freedom Reigns

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2022, 10:55:27 AM »
Tangfolio mags for witness also work on compact models. EAA corp sells them through places like Classic Firearms & Mea Get, Patriot Defense and CDNN

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2022, 11:13:15 AM »
Tangfolio mags for witness also work on compact models. EAA corp sells them through places like Classic Firearms & Mea Get, Patriot Defense and CDNN

Old thread!  ::)

Since that time, EAA no longer carries and supports Tanfoglio Pistols and the Models, Parts, and Magazines seen in the ads from other re-sellers are selling off stock that EAA has sold off.
Directly, Tanfoglio Pistols, now under the "Defiant" models, are now being sold, distributed, and supported, through the Italian Firearms Group (IFG).
https://www.italianfirearmsgroup.com/tanfoglio/