Author Topic: Got my Scorpion today.... Reserving Judgement  (Read 3582 times)

Offline 357MAGNOLE

Re: Got my Scorpion today.... Reserving Judgement
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2015, 03:02:09 AM »
Yeah I am down for some extra springs. You would have to show me what you did, I trust I can get it done. I am pretty capable.

I actually like the trigger as it is, if I can cut the poundage in half. Its very smooth right now.
USN 2006-Present
CZ 455 Varmit Evolution .22 LR
CZ Scorpion EVO 3
CZ 512 .22 WMR
Cajunized P-09

Offline 357MAGNOLE

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2015, 04:17:15 PM »
357 a couple things if you want to experiment with the spring pm me I have a couple spares and I am willing to ship for shipping cost. I have a couple spares I ordered to modify mine.
I did the polish and trigger springs and it is much better.
I pinched the ends until approx. parallel to one another.
Just shot 150 rounds this weekend and zero issues.

Mine was the opposite end of things mine and was quite wet.

Last item if you really want a great trigger contact CZ Custom they have started doing trigger jobs. Not a drop-in but you only have to send the trigger group.
I dropped mine off today to get it started, I have been torn between CGW and CZ CUSTOM as they both have great products!
Both have a dear place in my heart as they are excellent companies that do great work.
Both will have a great product, but CZ Custom has first to market and are a local company so today they got my business.
I AM NOW LIKE A KID WAITING FOR CHRISTMAS counting the days.
3.5 lbs. And half the travel or at least that is what theirs feels like.

David on the other hand just completed a magnificent 97B SAO for me, and is in the process of getting parts to market.

I looked back at a couple other threads and figured out what to do. I clamped the spring down to being almost parallel with eachother, reinstalled and gave it a go.  The trigger was waaaaaaay lighter, but the reset felt TERRIBLE.  It almost felt like if you gently let your finger off the trigger it might not reset on its own. So I pulled it back out and lifted the arm up a hair, reinstalled and checked it out.  Gave me a positive and firm reset and the trigger pull is still cut in half. I would have to guess its around 6.5-8 lbs.  It is extremely smooth, but also still has that creep in it.  I think it will hold me over just fine until I get the SBR and can in.  Then I can worry about spending money on what CGW or CZC came up with.
USN 2006-Present
CZ 455 Varmit Evolution .22 LR
CZ Scorpion EVO 3
CZ 512 .22 WMR
Cajunized P-09

Offline RKARMS

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2015, 12:11:54 PM »
Once I get a better trigger pack,{or something} and the stock kit on it I am set. its a great little {subgun} semi!

nothing else I would change. Set one up with the right Site change and Meopta scope.and the other to just shoot the heck out of.so once CZ and whatever branch company gets their act together to get the stock kits all will be fine in my Universe.