Author Topic: Magazine Options  (Read 2858 times)

Offline motorolanut

• “Character is what you are in the dark.”
Re: Magazine Options
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2020, 06:15:12 PM »
I think people who buy a Scorpion and then complain about the lack of "drop-free" mags, as though it is some sort of fault or design-shortcoming of the gun, need to do a little homework and get a better understanding of the actual history of the Scorpion (and sub-guns in general, apparently). Expecting it to run just like an AR is like expecting a Glock to have the same MOA as a P226, and then complaining because the latter has a decocker. It's not a shortcoming of the Scorpion - it's how it was designed and intended to be used, and it's really no big deal to train to strip the mag and reload quickly at all; unless you are someone who mistakenly bought a Scorpion thinking it was going to be a direct crossover training tool for your AR, in which case, you probably should have done that homework before purchasing, rather than complaining about it after the fact.

[/rantoff]

8)

Gotta agree here whether the mags drop free or not, folks should ALWAYS train for every functionality scenario with their weapons.  ;)
Virtue has united, death shall not separate

Offline cavegeo

Re: Magazine Options
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2020, 07:55:21 AM »
I think people who buy a Scorpion and then complain about the lack of "drop-free" mags, as though it is some sort of fault or design-shortcoming of the gun, need to do a little homework and get a better understanding of the actual history of the Scorpion (and sub-guns in general, apparently). Expecting it to run just like an AR is like expecting a Glock to have the same MOA as a P226, and then complaining because the latter has a decocker. It's not a shortcoming of the Scorpion - it's how it was designed and intended to be used, and it's really no big deal to train to strip the mag and reload quickly at all; unless you are someone who mistakenly bought a Scorpion thinking it was going to be a direct crossover training tool for your AR, in which case, you probably should have done that homework before purchasing, rather than complaining about it after the fact.

[/rantoff]

8)
Gotta agree here whether the mags drop free or not, folks should ALWAYS train for every functionality scenario with their weapons.  ;)

See my reply in his other thread.  I have shoot several different semi variants of SMG (Vz-61, Sterling and AR9).

Allowing your mag to hit the ground does not seem like a wise course of action when stowing them only take a second.