Author Topic: Official Scorpion Picture Thread!  (Read 310737 times)

Offline CTTech

Re: Official Scorpion Picture Thread!
« Reply #750 on: May 21, 2019, 02:24:46 PM »

Tell me about your suppressor cover please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 3xternal

« Reply #751 on: May 21, 2019, 02:39:07 PM »

Armageddon Gear made it for $58. It's stitched heat resistant material with an outer black layer. It's affixed with velcro the length of the rail. If you're interested in one, talk to Tom at Armageddon Gear (tom@armageddongear.com)

Offline CTTech

« Reply #752 on: May 21, 2019, 04:17:29 PM »

Armageddon Gear made it for $58. It's stitched heat resistant material with an outer black layer. It's affixed with velcro the length of the rail. If you're interested in one, talk to Tom at Armageddon Gear (tom@armageddongear.com)
I?m assuming the Velcro is affixed to the handguard with an adhesive. Do you think that will stand up to the heat over time?

Offline 3xternal

« Reply #753 on: May 21, 2019, 04:21:57 PM »
We're going to find out  :o

I haven't had a chance yet to push it really hard.

Offline CTTech

Official Scorpion Picture Thread!
« Reply #754 on: May 21, 2019, 04:43:12 PM »
It looks really nice. I would consider it as a solution if not for the question of the adhesive.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 05:09:20 PM by CTTech »

Offline 3xternal

« Reply #755 on: May 22, 2019, 10:27:07 AM »
I'll report back when I get a chance to light her up.

Offline CTTech

« Reply #756 on: May 22, 2019, 12:31:15 PM »
Im using the Franklin binary. Mine is getting pretty warm.

Offline TolusD

« Reply #757 on: May 24, 2019, 09:36:54 AM »
Here's the new love of my life:

Mods:
HBI Theta Forward Trigger
HBI Spring Kit
Full Flitz Trigger Polish
Flitz Feed Ramp and Throat Polish
MagPul AFG
ADG HG54R-1 Laser

Optics:
Vortex Crossfire II 1-4x24 w/ VBrite Reticle
Vortex Caps

« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 10:56:27 AM by TolusD »

Offline 1000RR

« Reply #758 on: May 24, 2019, 10:12:39 AM »

Sweet!!  Lov'n the one on the left  8)  FN Tactical... how's the stock trigger pull on that?  Looks like you have done some trigger work on this one, at least a different shoe.  I have never handled one and am spoiled by 1911 triggers.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 11:01:43 AM by 1000RR »

Offline TolusD

« Reply #759 on: May 24, 2019, 10:49:00 AM »

Sweet!!  Lov'n the one on the left  8)  H&K Tactical... how's the stock trigger pull on that?  Looks like you have done some trigger work on this one, at least a different shoe.  I have never handled one and am spoiled by 1911 triggers.

It looks like the same HBI Theta Forward trigger on mine except this one is red and I picked the black one. It drops the pull by changing the angle of the trigger so it's a bit lighter just by itself. I combined that with HBI's spring kit and then polished everything in the trigger group with Flitz until I could see my reflection in it. Mine feels like a 1911 trigger now and I learned how to tune triggers building 1911s so tat makes sense I guess  :D

Offline Maynard

« Reply #760 on: May 24, 2019, 10:55:57 AM »

Sweet!!  Lov'n the one on the left  8)  H&K Tactical... how's the stock trigger pull on that?  Looks like you have done some trigger work on this one, at least a different shoe.  I have never handled one and am spoiled by 1911 triggers.

The FN stock trigger is pretty bad, the Apex replacement changes the trigger pull into something that's near the top as far as striker triggers go.

Offline 1000RR

« Reply #761 on: May 24, 2019, 11:00:52 AM »

The FN stock trigger is pretty bad, the Apex replacement changes the trigger pull into something that's near the top as far as striker triggers go.

My pistols have only been hammer w/the exception of a .357 Sig (Glock) that I had.  Really didn't care for that trigger.  Is the tigger kinda long like that? 

Offline TolusD

« Reply #762 on: May 24, 2019, 11:05:17 AM »
Lol... I thought you meant the trigger on the EVO. Yeah, my friend has an FN Tactical and it's not a great trigger but I've felt worse. My previous PCC was a Beretta CX4 and the trigger on that thing was the worst ever. It felt awful, had choppy, gritty inconsistent break points no matter how well it was cleaned and lubed, and pulled at like 11 pounds stock. On top of that, it was 100% polymer. I never would have bought it in the first place had I known that but I didn't find out until it was too late. Luckily, a fantastic machinist on the Beretta forums made a run of full metal internals and I bought everything he produced. After all that modding, it ran like a dream; it only took an extra $500 in parts and about 10 hours of fitting and polishing... Lol...

Offline TolusD

« Reply #763 on: May 24, 2019, 11:07:54 AM »

My pistols have only been hammer w/the exception of a .357 Sig (Glock) that I had.  Really didn't care for that trigger.  Is the tigger kinda long like that?

Same here. I had a Glock, hated the trigger so I put in a Zev Tech kit and it went from too heavy to aim straight to so light it's not safe to carry anymore. I've always hated Glocks. I had 1st Gen Steyr M40 that I carried for years that I absolutely loved though. That was the one and only hammerless pistol I've ever liked. 

Offline Maynard

« Reply #764 on: May 24, 2019, 11:23:58 AM »

The FN 509 stock trigger has a long take-up, there's a wall and then a mushy break. The Apex shortens the take-up and the break is very crisp.

On topic:

anything