Author Topic: Official Scorpion Picture Thread!  (Read 308371 times)

Offline SilentRecon

Re: Official Scorpion Picture Thread!
« Reply #795 on: July 03, 2019, 10:16:24 PM »
Picked up a new Scorpion a couple of weeks ago...immediately added a couple of items.

Got a visit from UPS and FedEx today...

Unless its OAL is greater than 26" with a fixed stock. Because it's a folding brace (which is not counted towards OAL), I highly suggest taking that off and deleting that picture.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 10:31:14 PM by SilentRecon »

Offline SilentRecon

« Reply #796 on: July 03, 2019, 10:24:48 PM »
I agree, but if you look closely it looks like that forward grip is angled slightly forward. I had run across something like that surfing around and since it's angled they get around the "vertical" grip law. Of course maybe it is vertical and its an optical illusion! Lol!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Negative. That's classified as a VFG. They make slightly forward canted VFG to alleviate interference for curved magazines. This does not fall intotnhe category of "angled foregrip" like a magpul etc. Looks like an honest mistake, but, honest mistake is not in the BATF's vocabulary.

Offline mtl111

« Reply #797 on: July 03, 2019, 10:35:05 PM »
You are correct sir! I went back and found the YouTube video I had seen with a similar  slightly canted forward grip and it was an actual SBR it was mounted on. Definitely remove it and the pic, like you said I'm sure it's an honest mistake. Now I'm curious , at what angle to the centerline of the bore does the ATF view as being OK on a pistol? I myself SBR'ed my Scorpion years ago but I'm curious.

Offline kb377

« Reply #798 on: July 03, 2019, 10:47:50 PM »
I had the understanding that a grip angled from 90 degrees was considered an angled-foregrip. That was the information passed along to me by persons that recommended that particular grip. That's the problem with interpretive law, it's a coinflip as to what's legal or not...how "angled" is angled?

« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 11:03:27 PM by kb377 »

Offline mtl111

« Reply #799 on: July 03, 2019, 11:00:02 PM »
All the NFA rules and regulations are ridiculous and should be abolished but unfortunately we're stuck with them.

Offline SilentRecon

« Reply #800 on: July 03, 2019, 11:06:40 PM »
I had the understanding that a grip angled from 90 degrees was considered an angled-foregrip. That was the information passed along to me by persons that recommended that particular grip. I guess that's the problem with interpretive law...it's a coinflip as to what's legal or not.

I have an unused Magpul AFG I can mount...guess this one will go to the rifle.
It happens. I suggest to never take anyone's interpretation of the law as fact when it comes to battling gray areas- even mine! The ATF only states that a VFG is both in front of the magazine well and orientated perpendicular to the bore axis. You could make the assumption that means 90 degrees. Magpuls "angled foregrip" and other similar manufactured grips are classified as "handguard grips", not VFG, can not be gripped in a manner like a VFG and follow the same degree angle so its gets a pass. This grip however is sold as a VFG, is handled like a VFG and designed only for relief for curved magazines. At the end of the day, that is not something you want to try and "interpret" to the ATF when they bust your door down at 5am. You are making the right choice in removal and always lean to the side of caution when dealing with this. Good looking scorpion!

Offline azerik

« Reply #801 on: July 08, 2019, 12:12:35 AM »

Gave in and ordered the binary last night as well. Time to stock up on 9’s again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Rooftop Korean

« Reply #802 on: July 10, 2019, 07:50:51 PM »
Just another Scorpion, but it’s mine!  Yeah, I used some filters to make my gat look a bit more dramatic and exciting. 

On another note, every once in a while the charging handle will not let me pull the bolt back.  It’s weird as if something is blocking the bolt.  I need to pull the trigger or really smack the charging handle to get it to cycle.  Anyone ever have this problem before?

Offline spoooon

« Reply #803 on: July 10, 2019, 08:29:28 PM »
Just another Scorpion, but it’s mine!  Yeah, I used some filters to make my gat look a bit more dramatic and exciting. 

On another note, every once in a while the charging handle will not let me pull the bolt back.  It’s weird as if something is blocking the bolt.  I need to pull the trigger or really smack the charging handle to get it to cycle.  Anyone ever have this problem before?
I don't know if it's the same thing. Mine was really hard to charge, had loosened up with use. Never really felt like something was blocking it though.

Offline a2ccshop

« Reply #804 on: July 11, 2019, 02:00:53 PM »
Do you have a metal charging handle? 

Offline Rooftop Korean

« Reply #805 on: July 11, 2019, 08:28:12 PM »
No it's a HB Industries Polymer charging handle.  Here's the funny thing, when I leave the safety on and let it sit the charging handle has this problem.  I can't pull the bolt back (as if it's being blocked) until I take the safety off.  Once the safety is off I can open up the bolt.  I don't know if it's unique to my Scorpion.  I'm going to start a thread asking about what could be my issue.

Offline Silent service

« Reply #806 on: July 11, 2019, 09:16:21 PM »
You can’t cycle the action with the safety on.

Offline Rooftop Korean

« Reply #807 on: July 11, 2019, 09:49:00 PM »
Huh! Like the 1911’s they would issue on Submarines?  Lol, I was on the USS L. Mendel Rivers and USS Olympia.

Wait a minute though, after taking the action is right again. I’m able to cycle the action even if the safety is on!

Offline Silent service

« Reply #808 on: July 11, 2019, 10:28:12 PM »
Huh! Like the 1911’s they would issue on Submarines?  Lol, I was on the USS L. Mendel Rivers and USS Olympia.

Wait a minute though, after taking the action is right again. I’m able to cycle the action even if the safety is on!

Well... apparently what I thought was a design feature is the problem you .... and I both have. Oh well....

I was on USS Florida and MTS Daniel Webster.

Offline a2ccshop

« Reply #809 on: July 11, 2019, 10:32:57 PM »
You can’t cycle the action with the safety on.

It has to do with whether the hammer is down or not.

If the hammer is down, you cannot rack the charging handle/bring bolt back with the safety on.

If the hammer is back, you can rack the charging handle/bring the bolt back with the safety on or off.