Author Topic: Sbr form help  (Read 1724 times)

Offline Saltron

Sbr form help
« on: January 03, 2016, 07:44:23 PM »
So I recently decided to go the sbr way. This will be my first attempt to do so. However, I am clueless of where to start. I saw a video of how to fill out the form but I saw a lot of comments that there was errors and also I've read people getting denied by choosing the wrong manufacturer for cz. Also the video ask to upload the trust. Can some one point me to the right direction,  I want to get it right on the first try.

Offline mrar15

Re: Sbr form help
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 08:21:46 PM »
I had filed this form a couple time already 8). The first time it was rejected and costed me another 2 months wait because I put my name instead of the trust name on section 3b which is Applicant's Name. They will refund your two hundred dollars (it took a while too) and you will have to refile and made the payment again.  The rest of the form are very straight forward. As far as manufacturer name, just type cz and wait for the system to pop up a list of names, select cz full name from that list. The name will have to be verified before filling out next line which is county of manufacturer. I would suggest you bring up CZ Scorpion Evo 3 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia to get all the information available when filling out the form. For the EVO, I used the bar stock extended length as the overall length.  As far as attachment, make sure the file is not over 3 meg. I just used pdf format with enough resolution w/o going over the limit. You can always break it up into smaller files to stay within the upload limit. Also make sure you review the draft form before paying and submitting the form.

Offline Saltron

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 08:47:16 PM »
Thanks for the reply, what I'm confused about is the upload file. Is that a separate process? Do I have to do the trust separately?

Offline Mildew

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 08:55:48 PM »
Do I have to do the trust separately?

Yeah. That's something you have to do with your lawyer or an attorney specializing in NFA trusts.  Your other option is do do it as an individual as a opposed to a trust or LLC.  Where do you live?  City and state can effect your next step.
Edit:
Currently you can only do it online (efile) as a trust or other legal entity.  An individual has to fill out all the paper forms, get finger prints. a permission slip from your police chief, etc and mail it in.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 08:59:44 PM by Mildew »

Offline Saltron

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 08:56:47 PM »
I live in Las Vegas Nevada

Offline Mildew

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 09:02:31 PM »
I think you should be good.  It seems like that area is really gun friendly.  I can look for gun trust lawyers in your area and post later but you can probably do it yourself faster.

Offline Saltron

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 09:06:36 PM »
Thanks for all your help guys. I think I got a good understanding now.. I know it varies from city to city and lawyer but how much did you guys pay for the lawyer fee?

Offline Mildew

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2016, 09:12:39 PM »
I work out of town a lot and my mom is interested in SBRs due to health issues so I sent her to get an NFA trust drafted.  It was $300 and in my opinion, written poorly.   

Offline The1Ven

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2016, 11:21:36 PM »
I wouldn't pay a dime over 200$ if I were you. Check out Silencerco, they have different trusts at different prices based upon your needs. Their most basic one is available for 99$. Additionally, if you plan to edit your trust in the future you need to make sure the service you are selecting will not charge you for changes. Honestly, you don't even need an attorney to set up a trust if you have a sample of one that passed muster and know what you are doing.

Offline mrar15

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2016, 12:37:03 AM »
It costed me $200 for a local lawyer to wrote up a trust. He is specialized in this type of work. This worked out really well for me. Most gun shop that sells suppressors always work with a local lawyer to help their client to draw up a trust.

Offline projo198

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2016, 01:35:46 PM »
You can save yourself the money if you know someone with a trust and can use it as an example to type your own. This is what I did, has gone through 3 times so far and only cost me the $10 fee for the notary to sign it for me.

Offline The1Ven

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2016, 01:50:50 PM »
You can save yourself the money if you know someone with a trust and can use it as an example to type your own. This is what I did, has gone through 3 times so far and only cost me the $10 fee for the notary to sign it for me.

Exactly. This has been done multiple times in circles I personally know. Better yet, most banks will notarize it for free.

anything