Author Topic: P-07 Kadet  (Read 13961 times)

Offline Earl Keese

P-07 Kadet
« on: January 14, 2016, 07:41:03 AM »
Looking through the 2016 CZ catalogue, I noticed the new Kadet kit for P-07 is very different from the 75 version. The magazines are like most other .22lr pistols I've seen as they have ears to pull the follower down while loading. Looks like CZ also did away with the small slide that made the original Kadet unique and reliable. Curious what the new slide is made of. If it's a light weight alloy as I suspect, it would handle much differently than a std P-07. To me, the appeal of the original Kadet is that it doesn't feel like a pellet gun. This justifies the fact that it costs the same as an SR22 or M&P22C.  I hope this doesn't signal a shift away from innovation and quality manufacturing.

Offline painter

Re: P-07 Kadet
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 07:50:26 AM »
Is this in the CZ-USA catalog, or the CZ-UB catalog?
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 08:48:42 AM »
Can you post a link Earl?
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Saltydecimator

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 12:40:57 PM »
pics or this threads woooooooorthless!

i was wondering why this hadnt been discussed in p section yet...  im really stoked on it!!

Offline AZ_CZ

CZ Fanbot since 1996

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 06:33:02 PM »
From the 2016 CZ USA print catalog.
[ I M G ][ / I M G ]

Offline painter

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 06:51:59 PM »
Apparently they haven't updated the website...or the CZ-UB website, because I couldn't find that item on either site.

I agree Earl. The only way a 'fully reciprocating slide' could function with 22 lr would be if it was aluminum.

The function reports on other manufacturers similar units hasn't been stellar.

I'm glad to have my Kadet 2.

but not the ability.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 07:10:37 PM »
We tried several and bought and sold rimfire pistols in this configuration. The M&P 22C was perfectly reliable for me (not the wife though). Reliability aside, it felt cheap, was too light and was so small that my wife had to readjust her grip to comfortably put her finger on the trigger. Not exactly conducive to teaching trigger safety/discipline. When she handled my Kadet/P-01 she said "this one feels like a real gun". Her first time shooting it, she was absolutely transformed. You could actually see the light bulb come on over her head.
 Even though the 07 Kadet is full size for training, the mags load differently(this matters) and the weight will be wrong. To me it's similar to when VW brought out their MK5 GTI/Jetta. They adopted a more Asian style/feel for mass appeal. If I'd wanted a Japanese car I would have bought a Honda. If the 07 Kadet is $400, I just don't see the value.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2016, 12:20:50 AM »

Me too Painter. I thought the whole point was to mimic the weight of the pistol.
     I have a feeling we'll be seeing some new unhappy camper threads on here once these come out.
       I wouldn't think that these would be the same price as a Kadet 2.

If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Saltydecimator

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2016, 03:45:22 AM »
yep, looks pretty cheap to me! thats why  i love the 22 bolt guns, casue they FEEL like real guns. and look it.  its not just a sewer pipe that shoots bullets like alot of the other 22 rifles on the market...

Offline painter

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2016, 06:41:58 AM »

Me too Painter. I thought the whole point was to mimic the weight of the pistol.
     I have a feeling we'll be seeing some new unhappy camper threads on here once these come out.
       I wouldn't think that these would be the same price as a Kadet 2.
You wouldn't think, but you never know.

but not the ability.

Offline Joe L

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2016, 07:16:22 AM »
I hope they didn't outsource that 22 conversion to the same company that builds something similar for the SIG P-226.  If so, it will not run well, it will not be accurate, the slide won't lock back on last round, and the magazines will be polymer and not worthy of anything other than an occasional plinker.  It should also cost about $200.  If the slide is loose enough to cycle, it won't lock up with the barrel and the accuracy will be somewhat disappointing, I think. 

Let me tell you what I really think.  I'd spend my money on a good steel .22 than on any third party aluminum and polymer .22 conversion.  The ONLY conversions that I've seen that are worth buying are the Kadet and two for 1911 bullseye match guns (can't even remember their names).  The rest are junk. Junk, I tell ya.  :) :)

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F

Offline painter

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2016, 07:24:20 AM »
One was probably the Marvel unit.

Pretty much a copy of the Kadet.

but not the ability.

Offline Joe L

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2016, 08:44:57 AM »
One was probably the Marvel unit.

Pretty much a copy of the Kadet.

Yep, that's one.  There is another also.  But I don't care about any of them.  The Kadet is my bullseye gun.  Any 22 where the sights are not locked to the barrel is unacceptable in my opinion.  A plus is steel construction, steel slides, steel bolts, steel magazines. 

I don't want to sound like a fanboy or anything...but even my fine Ruger 22/45 with Volquartsen trigger parts and Ultradot red dot is in the safe.  The Kadet is even more reliable than that fine pistol.  It's the backup match gun that has never been used in a match as a backup.

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2016, 04:15:33 PM »
Well said Joe. The Kadet, even when it requires tuning is a real gem. Why they would go another direction is beyond me. Bean counters maybe.

anything