Author Topic: Semi Compact  (Read 6549 times)

Offline Bret

Re: Semi Compact
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2016, 01:48:11 PM »

Offline Rhino

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2016, 05:10:25 PM »
I'll stumble upon one someday that isn't that much.

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
Will a CZ 75 B SA Frame accept a Compact Slide/Barrel okay to make a Semi Compact?? I know the Stainless will, just trying to find out what all CZ Frames will work okay with a Compact Slide, preferably all Steel Versions!!
Yes, a Compact Upper will run a a B-SA Lower:

I like the Beavertails and can a Beavertail be installed on a CZ 75 Compact or not???
No, you can not switch-out Beavertails on CZs

I know CZCustom had them but they're all gone!!!  I think theirs was built on a Shadow Frame??
I'm just trying to make a nice Semi Compact for Carry!!
Not sure what model CZC had, but you can build what you're looking for
I put my Matte Stainless Lower under my Semi Compact Upper and built my DuoTone Semi:
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2016, 10:29:07 PM »
OK finally shot both mix and matches with no malfs.  I used mostly Herters brass case 115 gr FMJ made by S&B for Cabelas, so multiple new variables.  Stuff shoots good.  I also sent a magazine's worth of Rem 115 gr HP downrange.  Blinded by the light!  Definitely fire coming out of the compact barrel with that load.

All in 20 minutes:
59 rounds through the compact longslide.
113 rounds through the semi compact
36 rounds of .40 through the 96A1

Most notable were perhaps my tightest left hand, one handed groups ever with both setups @ 10 yds. And maybe the best for that session!  It likely had to do with slowing down and aiming between shots LOL.  Overall, I'm most happy with the Semi Compact.  The smidgeon of felt slide resistance in the Long Slide remains.

I envision the PCR having a significant CC role, followed by the Semi Compact.  If I want to carrry the full size slide, it will likely be with its original Matte Stainless Frame.  I'm a DA first shot kind of carrier.

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2016, 11:01:50 PM »
Sounds like you're warming up to the Semi Compact concept
Won't be long, and you'll be a full convert   ;)
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

anything