Author Topic: New Cz 40b owner and first CZ  (Read 6693 times)

Offline jonman1

New Cz 40b owner and first CZ
« on: January 17, 2016, 11:54:55 PM »
Good evening everyone!
So I recently picked up a cz 40b and have a few questions.
First question being about magazines. I having alot of problems with failure to feed and rounds getting hung up on the feed rail. I am assuming its just old worn mags and its nose diving. Is this a known issue or is worn recoil spring? Second question is also about magazines. Is there any good extended mag options past the standard 12 rounders? (my came with 2 10-rounders)
Third question is about parts compatibility. I am having a lot of problems researching what parts of 40b are compatible with other czs. So exactly what parts are interchangable (specifically the trigger and barrel)?
Last question is whats a good source for aftermarkets parts?

Thank you for your time.

Offline handgun2

Re: New Cz 40b owner and first CZ
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 09:43:42 PM »
Congrats on a great pistol! You'll likely never need a new barrel, but for a great resource (as most cz guys will say) check out CGW and Cz custom for parts. Most are interchangeable. Give me a look see an a phone call. Enjoy,

K in mi

Offline Angrysnarf

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 06:41:31 PM »
There are no listing on gcw for cz40 :(

Offline Nubia

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 06:55:05 PM »
There are no listing on gcw for cz40 :(

look under this listing. there are some items for the 40P and 40B. I own a 40P and found springs and other items for it here. Just keep looking and you will find.

https://cajungunworks.com/product-category/cz-75-series/

Offline Latigo

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 06:49:42 PM »
Any magazine that'll fit a CZ75 .40 will work on a CZ40B.  Mec Gar makes a 14 rounder.

Offline Nubia

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 08:27:17 PM »
Any magazine that'll fit a CZ75 .40 will work on a CZ40B.  Mec Gar makes a 14 rounder.
http://czcustom.com/testproduct-86.aspx

I have one of these coming tomorrow..

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Offline cntrydawwwg

If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Nubia

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 09:20:33 PM »
Greg has 10's, 12's, 14's
   http://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz-mecgar-magazines-c-130/?zenid=7bd74b88f21d5f73cf3db0a7cffea69f
This is great information! Thank you... I'd like to pick up a couple of these for my other cz's as well...

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Offline jdgray

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2016, 09:37:56 PM »
Had one, fantastic 40 cal! Use as strong a recoil spring you can find, may have to trim coils to prevent coil bind, but they shoot just fine.

Offline sharkman7226

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2017, 05:11:30 AM »
Wow,
My 2002 75 40B was also plagued every 20-30 rounds fired. Polished ramp and after problem repeatedly happened I wrote email to CZ and their gunsmith sent a new Wolf ejection spring to correct Failure to Eject spent and round hanging on ramp combination. Because this 40 has been totally unlike my CZ 75 9mm was as far as reliability, I bought a Glock 23 for Home Defense and reliability.
Just got around to replacing spring and I'm going to post new findings afterwards.
Before anyone asks about types of loads, I did try WinchesterRange rounds as well as Federal Hydroshock rounds and the stovepipe/ fail to feed continued intermittently.
If anyone else has had same issues please reply as I'm almost ready to do the unthinkable and sell it  or trade for an operational Rami .40 if spring replacement "Fails to Fix".

Offline Angrysnarf

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2017, 03:12:05 AM »
That's sad to hear my cz40 has been nothing but reliable

Offline handgun2

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 06:30:52 PM »
All Three of my CZ 40's have been reliable, accurate, soft shooting.
K in MI

Offline sharkman7226

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2017, 07:01:56 PM »
This .40 must have been a known item because the gunsmith said not a thing and sent me a beefy extraction spring. My first 75 was a 9mm bought in W. Germany while in service in 1989. That gun was awesome n NEVER failed before it was stolen.
I'm about ready to test fire since having my righ knee surgery so we're going to find out very soon. I'm going to fire a hundred rounds if it will let me.
I'm driving to Phoenix to speak to them if I have a misdeed or Failure to eject.

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2017, 12:21:06 AM »
This .40 must have been a known item because the gunsmith said not a thing and sent me a beefy extraction spring. My first 75 was a 9mm bought in W. Germany while in service in 1989. That gun was awesome n NEVER failed before it was stolen.
I'm about ready to test fire since having my righ knee surgery so we're going to find out very soon. I'm going to fire a hundred rounds if it will let me.
I'm driving to Phoenix to speak to them if I have a misdeed or Failure to eject.

Get some Wolff Extra power mag springs and and make sure the mags are clean.  Make sure your extractor channel is clean and functions.

Make sure your lubing the rails well, I run CGW slide grease mixed with FP10.  Polishing the feed ramp and the extra power extractor spring also good things to try.

Cheers,
Toby
This forum rocks!

Offline sharkman7226

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2017, 01:02:36 AM »
Thx for the info about mag springs. Did polish feed ramp and as mentioned, replaced extraction spring. In fact,my gunsmith said it was super stiff n hard to put in the new wolf spring CZ sent. Going Sunday after church now that my knee is on the mend and looking to put issue behind me. .
Your input along with others have been encouraging. I loved my CZ 75 9mm n have high hopes this .40. is resolved because these guns are usually the most reliable accurate and fun to shoot. 

I'll post the outcome Sunday night.

anything