Author Topic: question on CZ 83 test target and rear sight  (Read 2937 times)

Offline Shane

question on CZ 83 test target and rear sight
« on: September 08, 2002, 04:18:31 PM »
I just got a brand new CZ 83 in 380.It is a nice pistol.It came with a test target that shows that the pistol is pretty much sighted in.For all of you that have CZ 83s,do they usually shoot where you aim,or do you have to adjust the sights?What does "mean point of inmpact" mean?Also,the rear sight on this one is out of center.It is drifted slightly to the right.It came this way from the factory.Are yours drifted out of center,or should I be worried that mine is not centered?I havnt shot it yet.

Offline wolfee

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2002, 03:21:39 PM »
That is where it had to be set to get the pistol zeroed.  Don't mess with it til after you shoot it.  I think you will find the CZ test guy knew what he was doing.  Mean point of impact is the center of the group, for zeroing purposes.  Congrats, you just bought the best mid frame auto ever made.

Offline ut83

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2002, 06:58:36 AM »
Agreed!  Dont mess with it until you break it in...200-500 rnds at least.  Shoot different kinds/makes of ammo thru it and before you tweak the sight..have a couple of other "proven" shooters try the gun also.  If after all of this the sight proves to be "not right" then tweak it accordingly.  If you do this, youll do you and your great little gun a big favor.....enjoy it.
Shoot well

anything