Author Topic: I finally got it!  (Read 3829 times)

Cossack1

I finally got it!
« on: November 02, 2002, 09:08:44 PM »
I just brought home my CZ83!  NIB Satin nickel finish. I'ts a little bigger than I expected, just slightly smaller than my -100, alot less bulky tho' .  It feels great in your hand, nice trigger pull, I cant wait to shoot it, maybe Wed.
I think the price was okay too , $190.00 plus an old H&R .22 revolver I had. Got rid of it , was a pain to hold because of the condition of my right hand (messed up), no big loss. now I just have to find some good ammo. I'll shoot some Wolf through it just to break it in unless somebody doesn't think thats a good idea.
Hey Eric!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.
WOOOHOOO!!!  :D

cz40va

I finally got it!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2002, 07:01:46 AM »
You are going to really love your 83, it is one sweet little handgun. Sound like a real beauty.

Offline ut83

I finally got it!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2002, 08:58:29 AM »
Hey ...Congrads..!!!!
You know I have to admit the CZ83 is a tad bigger than most people think until they handle one..but after you play with it and shoot it a couple of times...its size is PERFECT! :D
Seriously, many shooters have good luck with Wolf ammo and its cheap...but be careful of the lacquer coating on the cases..if the gun gets hot..it will take the coating and put it in your chamber/on your mag lips..making the "most reliable gun Ive ever owned period", a not so reliable gun.  If this happens just use Shooters Choice or another great barrel cleaner and youre set for lacquer removal.

Let us know how you like it...the triggers are great and get better with use...by 500 rnds mine were in the "best of the best" category....very accurate and just melts in my hands.

Shoot well

Offline Thirties

I finally got it!
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2002, 10:00:18 AM »
What caliber did you get?

Cossack1

I finally got it!
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2002, 06:36:06 PM »
I got the .380 cal,Thirties. I understand the Maks are no longer available 'round here.
 I really like the trigger on this gun, the action is smooth.
There are two snap caps and about a dozen little rubber inserts that were included with it, that's cool.
My mags tend to rattle a bit when fully loaded ,is that normal?
Next step is an IWB holster.

Offline ut83

I finally got it!
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2002, 05:30:53 AM »
Mags rattle..with all of mine. :D  
Shoot well

Offline Thirties

I finally got it!
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2002, 08:02:35 AM »
Some of my magazines rattle; some don't.

Go figyah

Cossack1

I finally got it!
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2002, 02:18:24 PM »
I'm tryin' ta figya'  but it's counter intuitive, the more rounds you put in the more tension there is, so it shouldn't rattle, but noo-oo.

Offline ut83

I finally got it!
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2002, 06:27:49 PM »
I did the same thing...the word enigma comes to mind....
shoot well

Cossack1

I finally got it!
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2002, 08:42:28 PM »
Right now with all the winter clothes on, I'm not too concerned, you really can't hear it, but next summer, in my speedo..?

PCDEC

I finally got it!
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2002, 09:32:27 PM »
If they're able to tell it's the mag in the gun you're carrying that's rattling then they're probably carrying one as well.  As for the rest how the hell would they know that sound?  Even if they do hear it they'll think it's your keys, or some change...

Cossack1

I finally got it!
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2002, 11:04:13 PM »
Sorry, I got carried away.

MarkGyuricza

I finally got it!
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2002, 09:21:11 PM »
Dennis of Empire Arms (empirearms.com) has CZ83s in 9x18 Makarov, but they are going fast. No more will be commercially imported.