Author Topic: Map pouches.  (Read 3473 times)

Offline vblue42

Re: Map pouches.
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2014, 05:42:40 AM »
Really?
I checked the dimensions  and seem like it should.
The only worry is the curve on the vz mags.

What do you know about them?

I have those same pouches for my AR mags and the VZ mags won't fit without risk of causing damage to the pouch.

Offline Joat

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2014, 07:44:31 PM »
I have a chest rig from 7.62 tactical that holds my vz mags really well, bullets up or down. I'm sure his single pouches (ak) would do the same.  Kinda pricey but he's a small home business and does really nice work. I dont work for him or anything but Ive never mentioned it on here and thought I might bring it to light.  I wish I would have waited before ordering it cause at the time his colors were limited, these days the selection is much better. I would have liked that ATACS FG I like the starwars look of that (ya know when they went to that planet with the little ewok guys, they had some smocks/ponchos that looked just like that) so I settled for good ole woodland.

Offline GREG2008VZ

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2014, 10:04:53 PM »
Joat, thanks for bringing him up.
Took alook at his site, I must say not bad.

I have my eye on this and his dump pouch.
http://762tactical.com/pouches/open-top-ak-magazine-pouch-molle-compatible.html

Offline RSR

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2017, 02:15:07 AM »
Have been meaning to post -- the British Grab Bag mag pouch (typically available in DPM Desert and their new MTP [effectively a multicam w/ a bit of a swirl to the pattern]) fits 6 VZ58 mags in the front pouches (2 per pouch).   Or 9 AR15 mags (3 per pouch).  Also intended to hold 2 frag grenades and 1 smoke grenade pouch.  The inner pouch is intended as dump pouch w/ the protective flap rolled back. 

One of the cooler pieces of gear I've come across in some time.  Most British kit is of great quality; don't believe "lowest bidder" is the primary select criterion like in  the US...  Keepshooting has had this item in the past but best source is ebay when searching "British army grab bag."  For the MTP pattern, webbing ranges in color from strap and clips somewhere between US ranger green and coyote to pouch clip webbing being something like CZ's urban gray, which is a mix of fde and wolf gray.

This vid, skip to 7 min mark:

Shoulder strap attachment on ones I have are clips not thread throughs, but otherwise this vid is accurate AFAIK.

In summary, a great piece of VZ58 compatible kit -- perhaps best suited to a home defense or trunk gun type loadout where you won't be donning a battle belt or plate carrier but want ability to carry ample and efficient firepower...

anything