Author Topic: Light weight universal Side Mount Plate: DARS VZ  (Read 11224 times)

Offline Horse

• RS Regulate
Light weight universal Side Mount Plate: DARS VZ
« on: April 05, 2016, 12:32:06 PM »
Made of heat treated steel and compatible with all common VZ receiver types.  The DARS weighs less than 2 ounces or about 1/3 the weight of the current CZ item.  These are in final development testing and will be going to production shortly.  Expect a delay of 6-8 weeks for production/packaging etc.
Full pricing details still TBD, but the drive to keep this affordable is strong.

Optic mount dimensions are identical to the current item so all optics you have used will work on the DARS as well. 

Here is a picture of the VZ-304M lower and AKM upper we used for testing the DARS:
Owner: RSRegulate.com

Offline luckyduck

Re: Light weight universal Side Mount Plate: DARS VZ
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 06:43:58 PM »
I'm excited. My D-technik did not come with a side rail mount so I'll wait for this one to have someone drill my receiver and install it.

Thanks!

Offline czgunner

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 11:16:30 PM »
Oh man, I'm exited. Will these fit the vz2008?
Disabled combat veteran

Offline Franz Maurer

• http://youtu.be/dtUdllX5Vpo
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 12:20:33 AM »
Can we have a Rob Ski (or cz equivelant) drag it behind a truck and drop it on concrete multiple times ?
Please
 O0
75B .40 ; P-01 ; kadet2 ; '94 witness .45 - slim nose 1of999 ; samopal vz.58 ; tin foil hat.

Offline Horse

• RS Regulate
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 05:47:39 AM »
Oh man, I'm exited. Will these fit the vz2008?
That's the plan.  I'll be able to confirm with steel in-hand vs. math in a few days.

Offline RSR

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 02:56:01 AM »
The DARS weighs less than 2 ounces or about 1/3 the weight of the current CZ item.

Just to note Czech Small Arms is not CZ/CZ-UB.  They are a Czech company, but not the same entity...

Glad to hear the side plates are coming along.  If or perhaps rather when I acquire a predrilled CSA gun, you've presented a product combo me and my wallet will be unable to resist...

Offline luckyduck

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 12:45:00 AM »
Still looking forward to this.

Offline Horse

• RS Regulate
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 07:33:06 AM »
Us too - just need to get the machine shop some slack so they can fit them into the production schedule

Offline Orbiter

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2016, 06:25:51 PM »
Posting for interest. Already ordered the standard rail mount from csa but I would love a lightweight alternative. Perhaps I should return the csa rail?

« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 10:52:45 PM by Orbiter »

Offline CitizenPete

• Universal Machine Gun Model 59 (UK Vzor 59)
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2016, 01:41:42 AM »
Can we have a Rob Ski (or cz equivelant) drag it behind a truck and drop it on concrete multiple times ?
Please
 O0

Franz,  Buy me one and I'll test the crap out of it. :)
CP

The post above is opinion, and I am probably totally wrong, so please pardon me if I offend anyone in any way. I am speaking only for myself and just sharing my thoughts, not trying to start an argument with anyone, and if you disagree with anything I have said, I concede your correct.

Offline Franz Maurer

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 12:16:16 AM »
Please
 O0

Franz,  Buy me one and I'll test the crap out of it. :)
What are your qualifications ?
75B .40 ; P-01 ; kadet2 ; '94 witness .45 - slim nose 1of999 ; samopal vz.58 ; tin foil hat.

Offline luckyduck

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2016, 03:15:39 PM »
Would it be possible to include a drilling template (or similar) with the DARS for those of us who don't have the holes already pre-drilled into our receivers? (I have a D-technik)

Offline czgunner

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2016, 03:38:51 PM »
Would it be possible to include a drilling template (or similar) with the DARS for those of us who don't have the holes already pre-drilled into our receivers? (I have a D-technik)
This, for sure. Please!
Disabled combat veteran

Offline RSR

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2016, 03:19:13 AM »
My guess is that the concern is that folks will bubba their guns and then attempt to have Horse pay to repair the receivers, alleging he provided incorrect instructions, etc...
If you have one of the czechpoint plates, you can have two pin holes (two holes in czechpoint plate aligns with two pin holes for sear and trigger on the receiver) to properly align for drilling.  I'd imagine some forum member who has one, or is upgrading to this one, would be willing to share their old plate as a template, potentially a pass to next member daisychain could be arranged...

From pics, my only gripe here is that this side plate doesn't look like it would be able to support an ambi safety, which I was hoping to see Horse incorporate...

Offline Horse

• RS Regulate
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2016, 10:28:26 PM »
I don't have an ambi to be able to model it for one - so not for the first run at least.  I have been looking at them however.