Author Topic: --Cajun gun works srt--  (Read 3115 times)

Offline Troublesx10

--Cajun gun works srt--
« on: May 26, 2016, 11:26:53 PM »
I just ordered the Cajun gun works srt for the rami-- anyone tell me more about their experiences with it?? Install easy/difficult? Time with trigger-- break in period? Any bad experiences with it?? I'm a sig fan, and wanted this since I learned of it!! Hope to make my rami even more so!!

Offline cntrydawwwg

--Cajun gun works srt--
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 12:14:15 AM »
I'm assuming you meant SRS (short reset system), SRT= short reset trigger?
   With all the acronyms it can get confusing, so I just just wanted to be sure I was thinking the same thing
   I really like mine. To get the full  benefits you'll need to add the Type 2 Disco. You don't have to add it, but it's needed IMHO. The Disco takes almost all the "slack" (take up) out of the trigger.
    First time install took a little while in my BD, but then I'd never torn apart a firearm before. All went pretty easy, if you get frustrated just walk away for a bit.
   No break in needed.
  My disco was one of the 10% that didn't just drop in. I had to fit it a little so that meant tearing apart my Rami a couple times to check fit. Needless to say I got pretty quick at it
   Really, I wouldn't have it any other way. By having to fit the disco I feel that the trigger is nicer than a drop in one. The disco in my Tactical just dropped right in, and has a bit more slack to it compared to my Rami, Phantom, or P01. (Yep, all three needed slight fitting.)
   Now I'll add that if you've thought about the Reach Reduction Kit, now would be the time. They now make a modified Type 2 that works with both the RRK and SRS, and drops in 90% of the time. So really it's not much more to add now vs. later. (If adding the disco anyways)
    Wish they would have had that option when I did my Rami. Never thought I needed it, but after putting it in my Tactical, I'm gonna add one to my Rami someday.
   Also, since it's torn down, now would be the time to do some polishing if you want to. Really does make the trigger that much better. YMMV
   David was great to talk with and helped me thru the disco fitting. He even answered some emails at 10pm on a Sat. night. A+ customer service.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 12:16:19 AM by cntrydawwwg »
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Troublesx10

Re: --Cajun gun works srt--
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 12:32:22 AM »
Yes-- I did intend to say short reset system. What is the disco? Is it included with the kit that Cajun sells ( I only ordered the srs kit)- do I need to purchase anything else??

Offline Troublesx10

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 12:33:34 AM »
This is exactly what I ordered--

https://cajungunworks.com/product/srs-2075/

Is David the owner of Cajun?? I've never heard of Cajun except from this forum. Seems highly rated so I went with them. I don't normally mess with pistol mechanics. I've done so on scars, ar15's, and other Fnh guns--- I like the idea of polishing- but honestly never have done any kind of polishing except for wax on a car ,
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 12:36:53 AM by Troublesx10 »

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 12:53:48 AM »
David is the owner, also known as Schmeky here on the forum.
   The disco is not included in your kit. It's separate. It's a new disconnector meant to remove a lot of the take up in the trigger, especially the SA part.
   It's not needed, just another bonus, and can be added at anytime if so desired. You will notice a big difference with the SRS as is.
    I highly recommend calling him up. David and the crew are great to deal with, and can explain a lot more than me. If you tell them exactly what you're looking to do, they'll get you set up and won't try to sell you stuff you don't need. With all the goodies they carry, it can be difficult deciding.
   You see, Cajun magic can be as addicting as CZ's themselves. You have been forewarned.
    If you decide to try out polishing, there's a few stickies in the Smithing section worth checking out.

Offline Troublesx10

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 01:01:50 AM »
Thanks for the reply - I will give them a call tomorrow re the srs kit and disco. Re the polishing-- I think I will explore it- but later after I get used to the gun a bit more. I only have 100 rounds thru it so far. I do own a Drexel kit- so polishing it shouldn't be to hard- honestly more worried about taking it apart and putting it back together more. I am starting to like my rami, and it is coming together now. I've added the ns, the wood grips, have a holster coming in next week. With the srs-- I'm going to start training with it. I'm now looking to pick up a compact in the near future. Is there any way to increase the magazine release. Mines seems a bit sticky, and won't just spit out the magazine. It almost waits for Gravity to trap it before it drops free.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 10:02:35 AM »
Your welcome. If you run into issues post back. Someone will be able to help. And CGW has great CS and will stand behind their product 100%

Offline Ruber

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 11:08:32 AM »
Cntrydawwg nailed it.  get the disco, they really should be packaged together.  But think if you want the reach reduction too, it has a different disco.  I like the short reset but factory DA on my RAMI.

Also, if you don't already have a really good set of punches, get the one CGW has as well.

Now.... it's not a miracle worker.  It is really difficult to get the reset on the CZ firing pin block guns to be as nice as the Sig custom shop SRT.  Much improved, yes!

Offline Troublesx10

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 03:17:14 PM »
Ok-- good to know re the characteristics of the srs in comparison to the str. I am hoping for something a bit more useful for follow up shots. I am going to install it- and then come back to the idea of take up, slack, etc.  should be up and running within a week.

Offline Troublesx10

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 11:53:20 AM »
An update: I had the trigger installed yesterday. In my viewpoint of this upgrade- the dao and Sao are significantly improved in feel and force to pull the trigger. I am very pleased with this upgrade and found it very responsive with increasing follow up shots and accuracy with shooting it from dao. Good upgrade for my carry.

Offline Ruber

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2016, 01:27:46 PM »
Glad you like it!  Sounds like a good setup, I always though that is the way they should come from the factory.

Sooo... whatcha gonna do next?

Offline playboyoncrack

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2016, 01:56:44 PM »
An update: I had the trigger installed yesterday. In my viewpoint of this upgrade- the dao and Sao are significantly improved in feel and force to pull the trigger. I am very pleased with this upgrade and found it very responsive with increasing follow up shots and accuracy with shooting it from dao. Good upgrade for my carry.
Thanks to your update and follow-up!! I think I will order srts from cgw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline trisystem

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2018, 12:22:35 AM »
Hi,  all.  Based on the advise of this thread,  I ordered and installed the rami SRS and the type 2 disco.  I expected trigger weight reduction.  DA stayed above 8 lbs.  SA actually increased from 4.5 lbs to 5 lbs..  it was installed as directed.  I need suggestions on how to reduce SA to 3 lbs. or less. 

Offline mecenas

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2018, 04:04:49 AM »
Having a SA trigger at 3 lbs or below is already close at a bare minimum for a defensive firearm.
RAMI is not a target gun although it is quite accurate.
If a pistol with such low SA trigger pull was fired in a defensive situation and, as a result, someone was injured or killed, you would have a very hard time defending your case in court because instead of placing the importance on self defense, the whole attention would be on gun modification to make the gun go "bang" with the lightest pull of the trigger (hair trigger).

The SA/DA values after CGW mods of just below 4lbs/8 lbs make this pistol very accurate - yet afford some level of safety.

Something to consider in our very litigious society.

Offline P3pp3rs

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2018, 02:17:07 PM »
Customer service at CGW is great! Any issues and I'm certain they'll take care of it.