Author Topic: CZ122??  (Read 829 times)

Offline CZkid

CZ122??
« on: January 09, 2003, 12:27:16 AM »
Why doesn't CZ-USA import the CZ-122?  To my way of thinking, that could be a very popular gun here in the US.  Does it not have enough points for importation? I don't have a clue how that system works, but since its just a .22 and a large one at that... Or is CZ just not bright enough to try and sell them here?  It looks to be a relatively new handgun, styled along the lines of the CZ-100, so I could understand that they may not have production in full swing.  Still, i think it would be wise to at least try to sell them in the states.  I know I'd buy one.

Offline JohnW

CZ122??
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2003, 08:28:47 AM »
According to the folks at CZ the alloy the 122 is made of is too soft to meet US import regs.  Apparently metal hardness standards were created to help block the importation of cheap "Saturday Night Specials."
               Although this gun is obviously not in that category the BATF is so far unwilling to grant a waiver.

z537z

CZ122??
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2003, 11:45:16 PM »
I emailed (info@czub.cz) CZ about this pistol, and

"We are sorry to inform you but the production of the CZ 122 Sport pistol model has been discontinued."

bleep! Looked bleep purdy. But short grip and soft alloy. Ah well.

_z