Author Topic: Yeti Wurks Switchback Grips  (Read 57477 times)

Offline Mindless-Focus

Re: Yeti Wurks Switchback Grips
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2016, 09:54:01 AM »
Personally, I'm holding out for the switch back. I just like the options it presents.

Offline yetisoldier

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2016, 06:49:43 PM »
The Switchback should be available late August or early September. I will have more Everests and Matterhorns on Tuesday as soon as the mail arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2016, 07:53:48 PM »
Think I found the one I want right there.

Offline Probullydog

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2016, 02:20:01 PM »
Placed my order today for one. Probably picking up the switchback when it's released. Wouldn't hurt to have a spare laying around.

Thanks!

Offline Waynefi

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2016, 12:32:27 AM »
So in the end these new versions will be much stronger than the originals ? Is it a concern that the printed versions will eventually fail ?

Offline OhHey1

• Oh hey!
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2016, 06:40:51 PM »
So in the end these new versions will be much stronger than the originals ? Is it a concern that the printed versions will eventually fail ?

No way. I have two grips now that are 3d printed, one being the matterhorn which is currently on my SBR. I can't see them ever failing unless you're trying to break it by stomping on it.
-Form 1 filed 11/15, approved 3/16
-HBI AK safety lever
-HBI left side safety delete
-HBI Duckbill magazine release
-HBI Delta extended charging handle
-HBI Theta trigger shoe
-CZC trigger pack
-CZC upgraded disconnector
-CZC trigger job 3#
-CZC Zhukov adapter and stock
-Yetiwurks Switchback

Offline yetisoldier

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2016, 08:14:55 PM »
The new ones will be stronger than the current ones, but I haven't had a single one break through normal use. In fact only one has broke on a gun that I know of and he tossed his gun bag across a hall to do it.

Offline huskerlrrp

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2016, 08:47:32 PM »
I like the idea, and I will strongly consider purchasing one.

One comment...the sides look flat. Generally this is not ideal for ergonomics. I see a lot of smaller firearms accessory companies overlook some little details. If you are investing the money into an injection mold or associated tooling you might consider some human factors. If I misunderstood this, then my apologies.

Anyway, I like your progress.

Offline akuser47

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2016, 11:32:40 AM »
I have a list of bucket items to do to my Scorpion yet and this I think is first grip to hit my list. Now if  someone would do some orange anodizing of triggers and charging handles LoL. Great work yeti

Offline TOM1911

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2016, 08:57:04 PM »
Look forward to the product release. Just what was needed, in my case.

Offline Wraith223

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2016, 02:10:22 PM »
Your website is not functioning.  :(  Stuff happens, I get it.

You cancelled my order for the magazine carrier without contacting me first.  >:( Not cool. I would have waited patiently.

"Unforceene circumstances"? Lets try this again........   
Luck favors the prepared!

Offline dukeyjoe

• Rangers Lead The Way!
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2016, 11:11:45 PM »
I have a list of bucket items to do to my Scorpion yet and this I think is first grip to hit my list. Now if  someone would do some orange anodizing of triggers and charging handles LoL. Great work yeti

Not Cz related, yet, but I've asked that he consider doing some CZ items soon. Maybe you can send him some items to do in this burnt orange. However, if you want some orange items for an AR this is your guy. Make sure you "Load More" at the bottom of the page to see all that is available.
http://www.pc-armament.com/
I use his stuff on my ARs and the stuff is awesome. No more pounding roll pins on trigger guards. I, also tapped the lower receiver for the use of the bolt catch pins. Stuff is, really, top notch and affordably priced. I'm about to make another order, myself.

Note: I searched the forum to make sure I was not breaking any rule by providing this link. I am not associated in anyway with  pc-armament, other than being a customer. If I have broken any rule or offended anyone, I apologize and will remove this post.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 01:28:49 PM by dukeyjoe »
Fighting for your rights  https://hellerfoundation.org/

Supporting disabled Rangers and families of fallen Rangers  http://www.leadthewayfund.org/

Offline Wraith223

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2016, 10:19:48 AM »
His website Wurks and has great customer service.
Luck favors the prepared!

Offline yetisoldier

Yeti Wurks Switchback Grips
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2016, 06:53:44 PM »
I was down for a couple days last week and I did cancel open orders because I wasn't sure when/if Yeti Wurks would continue to operate. There were some issues unrelated to Yeti Wurks itself.  Luckily it was only 2 days.  When I did come back online I sent invoices to everyone whose order was cancelled so that they would have a chance to get what the original order was. I am sorry for the hassle.

I'm still waiting on a final date, but I do have an update on my Switchback injection molded grips!  The original plan was for the molds to be sea freighted to the US and then for my molder to do final fitment and add the texture.  It turns out they did that overseas and are currently air freighting them to the US.   

My US molder will still need to set up the molds and send me samples to approve before production, but we are getting close!  I already have all of the captive nuts, screws, and the stainless steel dowel the grips need. I'll be shipping those parts to my molder this week in preparation for the arrival of the molds.

Offline Tenbones

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2016, 07:01:58 PM »
Glad to see you are still up and running.... :)

anything