Author Topic: Random P10c questions - factory night sights, CWG striker, lower pull weight?  (Read 313 times)

Offline sublimeon24s

Hey Guys,

Now that Ive shot my P10c and its a keeer I had a few random questions I figured I would throw in one post.

Do they offer multiple combinations of factory night sights on these guns?  Ive seen orange front tritium rings and white front tritium rings, ive seen white circle tritium rears and all blacked out tritium rears. My particular gun came with the white ring front / all black rear night sights, and the tritium on the rears is pretty microscopic and hard to see. Here is a comparison of the rear Trijicon night sights on my Glock (top) vs the factory rear night sight on my P10c (bottom)

Thinking of changing the rear out for a different factory one. Are these able to be swapped by the end user fairly easy or do you need a special tool / gunsmith to do them? I got a sight pusher for my Glocks, and the P10 rear sight appears to be a set screw and then looks like the same sight pusher would push it out

Next up,  is the steel CGW striker install pretty straight forward or could a newb screw it up easily?  I see inside the slide there is a little lever looking thing with a tiny spring next to the striker, does that come out during install?

Lastly, is there a way to lower the pull weight without actually replacing the trigger?  I dont mind the pre travel / over travel,  would like to get the trigger in the 3lb range and didnt know if there is any sort of small part you just swap out like a connector in a Glock to achieve this.

Thanks

Offline 2morechains

Replacing factory sights is a fairly straight forward process, just requires some basic tools:  Vice with soft pads for the jaws scraps of hardwood blocks works in a pinch), brass punch, mallet, lock tight, allen wrenchs, and maybe a file or stone for fitting the new sights.  Some people like sight pushers, me I get by just fine with the above. 

The CGW striker is fairly simple to install.  The only tricky part is getting the striker spring retention cups back in place if you have big ol’ sausage fingers.  Check out the HBi trigger install video on Youtube for replacement of the striker spring to show you how to remove the striker assembly and reseat the cups. 

As far as pull weight, easiest way is to experiment with lower weight striker springs.  The HBi trigger kit comes with a 3 and 3.5 lb striker spring which can lower your trigger pull weight down into the low 4 lb range.  However its possible that you may get light primer strikes from the lower weight springs.  However if you reload, just use Federal SPP primers which are softer than most primers. 

Offline sublimeon24s

thanks 2morechains

Offline Berzerk_c

I've heard before that CZ will sometimes put night sights on models that don't normally come with them if they have any around the factory at the time. I guess its a similar situation as with the (FDE) P10's that come standard with night sights, putting in whichever color combination is handy at the time.

I put in some CZ Custom sights, and my rear sight was in pretty tight (along with some sort of adhesive-like stuff). I used a sight pusher tool, and I would imagine that a Glock specific one would work pretty well for you. (Mine said to use a part of cut up credit card between the new sight and the pusher blade to prevent marks, I also used masking tape and a thick socks to prevent slide marks.)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 04:44:18 PM by Berzerk_c »

Offline dwhitehorne

I've got the HBI 3.5 striker spring in both of my P10C's.  Definitely a must in my opinion.  You won't see the springs alone listed on the HB Industries website.  The striker springs come with their triggers.  If you call or email they will sell you the spring set separately.  The bag comes with the 3 and 3.5 springs.  I like the 3.5 better.  There was a post on this site over a year ago where someone posted the spring rates off all the striker springs and the 3.5 was the closest to the factory while taking a half pound or so off the trigger pull. 

I prefer the smaller rear night sights.  I honestly think the tritium vials are probably the same size but the white ring around the front sight verses the black rings on the rear sight make it stand out a little more.  I think Dawson Precision has the best selection of CZ sights.  David

Offline sublimeon24s

I've got the HBI 3.5 striker spring in both of my P10C's.  Definitely a must in my opinion.  You won't see the springs alone listed on the HB Industries website.  The striker springs come with their triggers.  If you call or email they will sell you the spring set separately.  The bag comes with the 3 and 3.5 springs.  I like the 3.5 better.  There was a post on this site over a year ago where someone posted the spring rates off all the striker springs and the 3.5 was the closest to the factory while taking a half pound or so off the trigger pull. 

I prefer the smaller rear night sights.  I honestly think the tritium vials are probably the same size but the white ring around the front sight verses the black rings on the rear sight make it stand out a little more.  I think Dawson Precision has the best selection of CZ sights.  David

Thanks, I have the spring in route to try out