Author Topic: Magazine Compatibility Master List  (Read 215930 times)

Offline CJBFL

Re: Magazine Compatibility Master List
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2010, 10:55:32 AM »
CDNN website doesn't really give much info re. compatability...

Offline Veyec

« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2010, 12:13:20 PM »
CDNN website doesn't really give much info re. compatability...

You could call them.  I'm not sure how knowledgeable their CS reps are with the Witness line though.

Another thing you could do is call EAA (I know, you would rather go to a dentist!)  They sell magazines for $25 each if you order more than one.  They will know exactly what mag will fit your gun.

EAA Mag list

Offline JJH

« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2010, 08:51:57 PM »
I may have missed what I was looking for in reading thru this thread, so be easy on me.  I am looking for EAA Witness fullsize, 40 S&W mags.  Everything I have seen in my searches seems to be for pre-2005 weapons.  Any help?

Offline Witness~match

« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2010, 10:56:37 PM »
Either Call EAA or you can order from the website.

Just make sure you select the "Large Frame".

All Witnesses made 2005 and later are Large Frame models.

Offline Jiminy

« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2010, 10:25:32 PM »
Hi, all!

First time here.  I've had an EAA Witness since '93, love it!  Just ordered a CZ75B today, had to finally go for the real thing.  So I have a bunch of 9mm EAA magazines around the house.  I don't intend to mix them if there's even a chance of an issue...but in this case....will I be able to interchange a CZ mag with a Witness mag?

Thanks for the info!

Offline Southern Forester

« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2010, 11:03:50 PM »
THey should match as yours is a small-frame Witness.

Davis

Offline mikebaker1129

« Reply #96 on: August 15, 2010, 10:03:18 AM »
I have used older small frame witness mags ( CDNN) in my CZ75B without issue.

Offline YosemiteSam

« Reply #97 on: October 19, 2010, 07:04:40 PM »
Hi, first post here, please go easy.  I looked through the list but couldn't find the answer.

I have a brand new Witness Match, and want to get at least one more mag for it.  Can I use the Mec-Gars that Midway sells for the standard Witness?  I note that the mags listed as specifically for the Match at CheaperThanDirt have a different number that the standard Witness mags, as well as the ones at Midway, so I'm wondering...

Thanks in advance,

-- Sam

Offline eric0424

« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2010, 04:29:09 PM »
Hi, first post here, please go easy.  I looked through the list but couldn't find the answer.

I have a brand new Witness Match, and want to get at least one more mag for it.  Can I use the Mec-Gars that Midway sells for the standard Witness?  I note that the mags listed as specifically for the Match at CheaperThanDirt have a different number that the standard Witness mags, as well as the ones at Midway, so I'm wondering...

Thanks in advance,

-- Sam

The mags you'll need are for the large framed witness pistols, some of the standard Mec-Gar mags are for the older small frame guns like my Pre-88 TZ75.  It would help to know what caliber witness you have though, Midway has three Mec-Gar witness mags, 9mm, 38-Super and 45ACP.  If yours is 38-Super or 45ACP, the Mec-Gar mags may fit because they were large framed pistols from the start I believe.  But they don't currently make magazines for the current production large framed witness.

I'm using the MGGT2116B mags in my Pre-88 TZ75 in 9mm, but they don't fit in the new large frame witness, I tried to fit one in the 2006 9mm poly witness I had to repair in 2006 and my TZ75 mags were too small.

Offline YosemiteSam

« Reply #99 on: December 06, 2010, 05:11:49 PM »
FYI, the "CheaperThanDirt" mags for the Match fit perfectly.  They're the same brand that come with the gun.  Took about 2 full weeks to arrive, but other than that it's fine.

I also discovered the mags are available directly through Davidson's (the distributor that I got my gun through), but they were out of stock as of a couple of weeks ago.

-- Sam

Offline mustang400

« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2010, 05:42:34 PM »
All Tanfoglio pistols starting with the January delivery to EAA will be shipped with Mec-Gar Mags. All size guns and all calibers including 10mm.
The mags will be the new AFC coating mags. CDNN or other outlets should have them in stock by the end of January!!

I sold my four factory mags for my Shadow and bought six Mec-Gar mags. They all run great 0% issues

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2010, 01:47:06 AM »
All Tanfoglio pistols starting with the January delivery to EAA will be shipped with Mec-Gar Mags. All size guns and all calibers including 10mm.
The mags will be the new AFC coating mags. CDNN or other outlets should have them in stock by the end of January!!

This is wonderful News!  How/where did you hear of this?
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline mustang400

« Reply #102 on: December 26, 2010, 08:37:39 AM »
jwc007,
I've spoken several time with the VP of Mec-gar USA about producing a large frame mag for 40 and 10mm ammo. They now only make large frame mags in 9mm,38 Super and 45acp. Mec-gars 40 S&W mag is for the Full-Size frame.

While David (VP-Mec-Gar USA ) and i talked through December, The owners of Tanfogloi and Mec-Gar in Italy were talking about Mec-Gar taking over the contract for Tans Factory mags.
 Per David thats a done deal ( as long as MG,s mags meet Tan,s spec,s--very hard for me to believe they won't ) and January,s shipment to EAA will be maged-up by Mec-Gar. Wholesalers should also have the new mags in January. I will speak with David on 1/3/11 and report back with any updates

Offline notjustanothermini

• my buddy and other buddy
« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2011, 06:03:12 PM »
what is think alot of people are looking gor is this;

what mags go in the butt of the gun and lock in place, and feed right, this info for every caliber and such
                                    then
for compacts what mags will fit, lock in place and feed right, which ones fit flush and which ones hang out the bottom and the which ones hang out far enough for a mag spacer, and which ones stick out but only marginally and such.

and then does eaa specifically restamp 2 of the same mag bodies, such as the .10mm and .40 mags, both are interchangable, but does eaa mark each one as caliber specific?

when i think of the word "FIT" when it comes to magazines, i think about fiting in the guns but to lock in. if a mag sticks out he bottom but stay secure, and feeds right, i consider it a "FIT" even if it hangs out 2 feet from the bottom of the gun.

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2011, 03:12:46 PM »
The MecGar CZ 75B mag fits my TZ.88 very well and cycles with no problem manually.  I'll give a range report once I get it to the range, but for now it looks like their model MGCZ7516B ($24.99 at MidwayUSA) fits the TZ.88 (1988 build date).

Tim
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 01:41:09 AM by jwc007 »