Author Topic: Magazine Compatibility Master List  (Read 215929 times)

Walt-Sherrill

Magazine Compatibility Master List
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2003, 10:01:27 AM »
They may function, but I'm not sure about fit.  

I picked up some Baby Eagle compacts a while back, and they're SHORTER than the CZ-75B Compact mags.  The Compact mags would probably work in the Baby Eagle (and, implicitly, in the Jericho), but might stick out.

You may just have to buy one to find out.   And then sell it here on the Forum if it doesn't fit.  You'll get a buyer.

n-75BDdude

« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2003, 06:12:57 PM »
Hey Walt. You say you tried some Baby Eagle mags in a CZ Compact? Did they not work? The ProMag CZ Compact .40s are all sold out, I was wondering if the Baby Eagle .40 mags would work or not....

Walt-Sherrill

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2003, 07:08:59 PM »
If the Baby Eagle Compact in .40 is the same size as the Compact in 9mm, then the .40 mags won't be a bit better than the 9mm mags.

Look in the classified area. A dealer who has joined the forum is ordering "Compact .40" Promags for forum members.

(Be warned, however, they may not work in older models of the Compact -- they didn't in one of mine.)

oziem

« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2004, 04:24:50 PM »
where can I get good mags for a reasonable price on this model?

czboy2

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2004, 09:53:48 PM »
Hello, I was wondering if any one knows if CZ 97 mags will fit in the ASAI One Pro? If they don't does anyone know of a place that sells ASAI mags? Thanks:D

Offline Radom

• HGWT
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2004, 09:57:29 PM »
What is a ASAI One Pro?
The artist formerly known as FEG...

czboy2

« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2004, 10:12:30 PM »
Good Evening, FEG. The ASAI is a Swiss copy of the cz. They were made in the city of Solothurn, so I'm guessing they are the same guys who made the Sphinxs and At84s, but I'm not sure. Magnum Research imported them for a little while I think in the early to mid 90's. I think I read somewhere that ASAI stood for advanced small arms institute, but I don't remember where I read that.

There's a big picture of one on the classified section of this forum. I've e-mailed the owner and he says he was told that cz 97 mags fit, and the baseplates look like the ones on my brothers witness .45, but I'd like to make sure before I buy the gun. I try to have at least four mags for each of my guns that I shoot a lot, I'm real clumsy!:lol

iceweazel

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2004, 01:22:44 AM »
I have a 1991 cz-75 (pre-b) with four supposedly factory magazines.  None match, one being so bad as to have the flat faced front instead of an angle.   However, they all have bad wear on the followers from the slide stop, and now a few will no longer lock up the slide when empty.

Does anyone sell replacement followers for these?

Also I used to see magazine springs, but its been a while since I picked up anything that would have had an advertisement in it.  Any links to replacements for hi-cap ones?  

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2004, 12:04:11 AM »
For Magazine Springs, see the folks at Wolff Gunsprings.

www.gunsprings.com/

As for CZ Magazine Followers, that is more of a problem as CZ does not sell them.  You might wish to contact MecGar to see if they would sell you some.  The only other alternative would be to try the Magazine Followers sold by CPMI, for the EAA Witness Pistols.

cpmi-usa.com/accfirarm.htm
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

warror1

« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2004, 08:03:15 PM »
I have a full size Witness 10mm. My question is, will the full size 40 cal mags work in this gun? How about the CZ mags? Any info will be helpful, thanks!

Walt-Sherrill

« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2004, 10:20:12 AM »
Re: wear on the slide stops so that the slide doesn't lock back.

Be sure it isn't just weak mag springs -- which is the most likely diagnosis.

You can buy some cheap replacement mags and use their followers, if worse comes to worst.  (EAA sells good followers on their website, but they're $5 each.  Probably worth it.  I don't know, however, that they will lock back the slide on a CZ...)

Offline SLM crew chief

« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2004, 07:14:36 PM »
Quote:
You can buy some cheap replacement mags and use their followers, if worse comes to worst. (EAA sells good followers on their website, but they're $5 each. Probably worth it. I don't know, however, that they will lock back the slide on a CZ...)

To get followers I had order a ProMag mag right from them and have them include 6 "spare" followers.  They wouldn't sell just the followers.

MecGar does not sell followers for CZ's.

The EAA followers work just fine in my CZ 75B SA.  They also appear to be a direct copy of the MecGar (CZ OEM) followers with the "legs".  Problem is -- when you put them in you cart on the EAA site and go to check out BAM!  $7.50 each for shipping! :eek   1 =  12.50, 2 = 25.00

My favorite:  50 are 250.00 plus 375.00 shipping = $625.00!  :rollin

Walt-Sherrill

« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2004, 08:44:07 PM »
Try calling EAA about the parts.  I think you'll get them for a bit less shipping.  I suspect their software isn't working quite right.

1-800-536-4442 EXT 226

mstnglx50

« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2004, 02:53:39 AM »
You get what you pay for these are nothing more than the generic eagle non 4 leg followers used in every 9mm eagle mag I have ever "seen"(read: stomped flat)

store.yahoo.com/cdnn/9mmmagfolfit.html

They feed fine but will generally not lock the slide back.  However at $0.69 for 4 of them the fact that they do anything other than take up space in my mag parts drawer astounds me.

By the way, stay away from the eagle magazine springs also offered by CDNN.  They are only useful if you enjoy the postmans company, as after actually seeing them you will throw them away.

Good Luck,
Alan Elam LCpl/USMC

firebird100

« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2004, 06:24:12 PM »
How can you tell what kind of mags I have, I bought a .40 witness and it came with 3 mags, 2- 10 round  the followers have a central V shaped post for the spring, the other has the 4 legs, is marked .40 S&W and holds 14 rounds?

anything