Author Topic: Problems with new Rami  (Read 6515 times)

Offline rick9748

Problems with new Rami
« on: August 23, 2016, 10:10:51 PM »
Went to shoot new Rami 2075 D 9mm today.Beautiful gun shoots great BUT extremely hard to get to and push in eject button for mag release.With normal grip thumb can put little to no pressure on mag release.Have to turn gun at right angle to me to get enough pressure on mag release button for mag to eject.
Tell me what is the problem because I have no interest in owning a gun that functions like this.
Thanks
Rick

PS;   Have CZ 75 & compact and have no problem like this.

Offline kkborre

Re: Problems with new Rami
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 08:13:06 AM »
The mag release on my Rami was extremely stiff when the gun was brand new and I had to really mash down on it with two thumbs to get it to release.  It did loosen up on its own, to a point.  I shoot mostly left handed so I was trying to release it with my index finger and absolutely could not.  I had to flip the gun into my right hand.  My LGS was able to loosen that release up and it made all the difference in the world for me.  I have no idea what they did to it, but it solved my issues completely.  Now I use my index finger to release it left-handed and my thumb when shooting right-handed.
"May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?"

Offline rick9748

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 02:47:34 PM »
BIG STUPID BY DESIGN!!!
I just talked to CZ USA and was told the gun was designed knowing it had a difficult mag release, because "if concealed carrying you would not need the option of a quick mag release in most cases', no !@##.This is absolutely the most stupid thing I have ever heard of.I have normal size hands and the very end of my thumb is on top of the mag release.No way to push down on mag release with enough pressure to release mag.Must rotate gun to almost right angle to my body to exert enough downward pressure for mag to release.Have repeated this 100+s times and you must release firing grip to push release button.Big. no, no!!
Mentioned to CZ guy that when shooting IDPA I would be disqualified doing this movement.Turning gun at right angle to course of fire.Home you go.He said, "yes this could happen".
Outraged, I have a gun that forces you to change shooting grip to make a mag change.This is the most insane thing I have heard from ANY gun manufacture.
I hope the next guy that get's mine is happy with the dysfunctional design.
I own the 75 BD and the Compact and have no problems.There is no OTHER THING that I should have to do to eject mag.Dangerous design, could get you killed.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 03:05:39 PM by rick9748 »

Offline LittleJenny

• Girls Like Guns, Too
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 04:14:22 PM »
Hmm, maybe  my hands are bigger than I thought but I haven't had an issue with the mag release on my RAMI(and I'm still in the break in period). Sorry to hear that you're having an issue.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Offline Cyanide

Problems with new Rami
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 05:54:31 PM »
Just curious Rick, have you ever tried releasing the magazine using your middle finger instead of your thumb? I have small hands, but that is how I release the magazine on all of my pistols with traditional button releases, dating back to 1989 (two RAMI's included). If I were to try using my thumb, I would have to rotate it in my hand much as you are describing, and would also be highly agitated as well!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 06:01:06 PM by Cyanide »

Offline SteveR2013

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 06:43:29 PM »
Interesting. I had never considered this as a problem. From my old PPC and ISPC days (I know it dates me) I always, and still do, release my magazine with the thumb of my off hand. That way the gun is always pointing down range. I simply do not have a long enough thumb to operate the mag. release with my strong hand.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 08:25:46 PM »
I have to twist a bit, not a whole lot though. I started doing the same thing as SteveR. Works for me.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline rick9748

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 12:07:47 AM »
Things are getting better after 300 rds.Mag release works much better for me without rubber mag extension.Take it off and for me mag falls away much easier.

Offline Martkin64

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2016, 02:50:34 PM »
 I have over 800 rnds through my Rami and it is my EDC. I must not remember having any problems with the mag release, but it works out fine for me when practicing mag changes.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2016, 04:37:06 PM »
I don't have a Rami.   I do have small hands.
When my left hand (weak hand) releases the grip to get a new mag,  I release the mag
 with the weak hand thumb without moving the muzzle off target direction and height..

Have you looked to see if you can bend the ' left mag spring tang" inward a little at a time until it still keeps the release button fully out but with less force needed to release from the mag?

Offline osubuckeye78

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2016, 03:50:59 PM »
Never had this problem with mine

Offline Stuart

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2016, 01:39:32 AM »
I have no problem with mag release.
what I have to be aware of is my hand still touches the mag because of the short grip and can keep for dropping free.

Offline BannorXL

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2016, 02:43:04 PM »
Had no issues w/ mine

Offline Wedge2027

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2018, 04:25:23 PM »
Have a new rami and have to use extra force to eject mag, will never work for competition, I looked at bending spring but don?t have screw to release spring just some kind of flat looks like washer ?

Offline MarkLH

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2018, 11:44:03 AM »
New Rami owner, and a CZ Fanboy... ( SP-01 Tactical )

I was going to start a new thread but see this thread addresses MY issues exactly...

Got mt CCW license, figured it would take forever to find a Rami BD, so I picked up an S&W Shield 9mm.  Like it a lot.. Conceals IWB extremely well..small form factor,..  thin,.. light.   Most notable is I can hit the mag release EASILY and the mag drops free ... and I can hit the Slide lock/release easily

Then a Rami BD came available so I grabbed one ( online ) sight unseen...

I like the feel - although obviously much chunkier and heavier compared to the Shield... I was thinking: maybe the Shield for IWB, and the Rami for those times when I can carry OWB

MY ISSUES:
: I have small hands... I just can NOT hit the #@!* mag release without completely shifting my grip.. same for the slide lock/release...  the fat part of my lower thumb rests against the base of the mag ( 14 round in particular )  which stops the mag from dropping freeely...

I dont really need two defensive pistols... but probably would if I could rationalize dedicating one to : Bedside , or winter/summer rotation, or some way to utilize them

thus: DOES the extended mag release part help much when the problem is my thumb doesnt quite REACH the bleep button... slide release I can live without because Ive been taught it?s a lock, not a release.  I rack to release the slide by habit

I can sure see the $650 , plus expense of extra parts, holsters etc going to fund a Shadow or CGW on my SP-01... if the form factor of the Rami is not remediable for smooth function ( for me )

as noted: Im a CZ fanboy, would hate to let this Unicorn go...

Anyone utilizing extended mag release or slide lock lever on the Rami BD?? and if so: do they require a gunsmith (.. more $ ) to install?... also thinner grips MIGHT help (?)

note: hadn?t considered using my support hand to hit the mag release / slide lock.. just tried it, and while not my first choice.. it does work... might introduce issues if that support hand isn?t available in a defensive situation.. but it might be a workable compromise...

tnx everyone in advance for advice...
-Mark
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 12:02:03 PM by MarkLH »

anything