Author Topic: P-07 Kadet kit range report  (Read 2530 times)

Offline HughB

P-07 Kadet kit range report
« on: August 25, 2016, 10:56:03 PM »
I had the opportunity today to put a variety of .22 ammo through my unmodified P-07 fitted with the Kadet conversion. I am a huge fan of the Kadet kits, having put thousands of trouble-free rounds through the original steel slide versions on a P-01, PCR and stainless 75B. I think the Kadet kit makes one of the best .22 pistols for any enthusiast. Mine are accurate, durable, and function with any ammo that is not subsonic. I also like the fact that shooting with the Kadet kit installed increases trigger time that facilitates familiarity with the host pistol and improves the action.

That said, I wasn't sure about the Kadet-lite version I purchased for an unmodified P-07. I bought it for the same reason as the steel kits - more time behind the trigger of my stock P-07 would smooth the action and, hopefully, the skills of the trigger puller. Improvements that would transfer to the 9mm P-07's and P-09's that have have the full CGW treatment. But the Kadet-lite kit didn't feel like it would measure up to the performance of its predecessors.

I am delighted to report that the Kadet equipped P-07 exceeded my expectations. I put a variety of ammo through the two 10 round magazines today. I didn't shoot at paper but, instead, spend the afternoon plinking an 8" steel plate at 50 yards. Federal Auto Match hit with authority and shot to point of aim, even at 50 yards. Winchester 333 and CCI Blazer functioned fine. Remington Golden Bullets had noticeably more bark and snap - they made the steel ring louder, too. But I did experience two failures to feed the Remington bullets. In both instances the slide returned to battery without stripping the next Golden Bullet from the magazine. I should note that this same load is a favorite in my stainless 75 with the Kadet I kit. These loads are noticeably hotter and shoot like a laser in the steel framed host.

The biggest surprise was the perfect functioning with PMC Moderators. I have a ton of these discontinued subsonics. They shoot great in bolt and lever rifles. I've had zero success getting them to function in semi-autos. Until today. I'm delighted to report that both the P-07 and a new Smith & Wesson Compact .22 shot and cycled the Moderators without issue. The low report and recoil make these rounds ideal for starting a new shooter. I now have the option of using either the full size CZ or the smaller Smith when instructing new shooters. The Moderators have not worked in Browning Buckmarks, a Ruger 22/45, a Walther P22, a couple of Bersa Thunder .22s, and the Kadet I's. Their great performance, both function and accuracy, in the Kadet equipped P-07 gives me a semi-auto option for these rounds.

I did not try the kit on my P-07 with the CGW Pro Package. David didn't recommend any of the Kadet kits with lightened springs. I will leave it on the stock P-07 and use the trigger time to smooth the action the old fashioned way. The Kadet equipped P-07 is lightweight, easy to manipulate, easy to shoot and a LOT of fun. Good sights, good trigger, good times.

Does anyone have a line on where additional magazines for the P-07 Kadet kit can be found?

Thanks and God bless,

Hugh

Online DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
Re: P-07 Kadet kit range report
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 11:13:48 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Hugh
Great report
Love how you ran-down all the different Rounds you used
So tell me again how Trump will be worse then the last 8 years !

Offline Gducoing

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 02:37:55 AM »
Good read and review. Thanks for the info. Kadet kit is awesome on the 75 series!!!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Offline camelzac

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 09:25:52 PM »
Nice write up, thanks Hugh.  Good to know about the various ammo.  Apparently these CZs will eat whatever you feed them.  My P07 is stock as well and the Kadet runs beautifully for me too.

Offline muggia59

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 09:40:42 PM »
Thanks for the report ( I may just get one ). By any chance, do the 75 kadet magazines work in the P07 kadet?
CZ SP01 Tactical, CZ SP01 Phantom, CZ P07, CZP01, CZCadet kit, CZ Scorpion EVO S1.

Offline HughB

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 10:12:14 PM »
No, unfortunately. That would be handy.

Offline muggia59

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 06:38:22 AM »
Bummer. Still looking at them.
CZ SP01 Tactical, CZ SP01 Phantom, CZ P07, CZP01, CZCadet kit, CZ Scorpion EVO S1.

Online DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2016, 05:15:35 PM »
Wonder is the Small Framed, Witness 22 Mags could work ?
Even thought that maybe the SIG 226 22 Conversion Mags might work....no tellin'
So tell me again how Trump will be worse then the last 8 years !

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2018, 11:42:30 AM »
I wonder if a Cajun sprung gun would be OK with the kit if you used the 18 LB spring???

anything