Author Topic: Holsters that your Witness happens to fit in...  (Read 213653 times)

Offline Burnett

Re: Holsters that your Witness happens to fit in...
« Reply #135 on: March 13, 2017, 01:17:58 PM »
This is my full size Wonder Finish  Tanfoglio Witness 45 in its Armadillo horizontal shoulder holster. Very much like the Galco and fits perfectly after a little break in! It's comfortable enough where I use it as my full time carry set up but dress accordingly! Lol

Offline jshully

« Reply #136 on: March 17, 2017, 01:31:30 PM »
They will fit across eachothers holsters, but be aware that the FAB92 slide has more width where the slide rails are than the B6P.   This will createa a slightly looser fit in a leather holster for the B6P if it was made specifically for it.  Not a sloppy fit, but slightly looser, depending on how tight a fit there was before using the FAB92.

The frames are as close as possible, but the slides are machined a bit differently.....

Yeah, you can see the subtle difference in the slide profile in pics.  I ended up ordering a Little Foxx Hybrid.  Basically the same price, and I figure the hybrid would give me a little more fudge room than a full Kydex to account for any variations between the two.  Will update when it comes in.
Got my Little Foxx yesterday.  Ordered Saturday, received Thursday.  Not too shabby!

As for the holster itself, and the fit, I really want to like it.  Two issues, however...

One, that trigger coverage tho (or lack thereof).  The Kydex side is well covered but still allows for a full grip.  the leather side, though, is cut WAY back.  I could insert my index finger far enough into the leather to pull the trigger, even in double action.  This make me nervous as my wife and I like to hike, so I have a pretty good collection of jackets and backpacks, etc., with various straps and ties hanging around the waist area.  Don't want one of those getting entangled in there...

The second issue is easily fixable if I decide to keep it.  And that's that the Kydex shell for the SAR B6P doesn't account for the ambi-safety on the FAB92.  The gun cannot be fully inserted unless the safety is engaged, a definite show-stopper for carrying.  If I decide I can live with the leather issue, I'll simply notch the Kydex to allow for the safety.  We'll see, I guess.  I have 14 days (well, 13 now).

One very minor complaint is that the leather also doesn't fully cover the back side of the slide.  The ends of those grooves on the muzzle end of the slide are pretty sharp on the FAB92, and they can dig into your thigh if you sit just right wrong.

Otherwise, as I said, I WANT to like it...  And I think it should fit any of the full-size small-frame polymer variations, so long as they don't have a rail.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 01:38:37 PM by jshully »

Offline jshully

« Reply #137 on: March 22, 2017, 09:35:44 AM »
Shipping the Little Foxx back today. The ultimate deal breaker was the fact the design of the clip made it a HUGE pain to try to insert the gun and holster into my pants without completely unbuckling, unbuttoning, and unzipping.  And forget trying to do it while sitting down. 

I've been carrying a Bersa Thunder 380 in a RawDog Tactical (http://www.rawdogtactical.com/the-defender-pro-series/) for a year now, and it is very easy to slide the whole rig in and out, minimizing the risks of administrative handling, or to go in and out of a gun free zone without having to disrobe.  The Little Foxx, while well-built and very comfortable to wear, just wasn't conducive to that. 

I wanted to get a RawDog for the FAB 92, but they don't make one for it.  Probably the closest they offer is a Beretta or a CZ 75 P01.  But I'm not quite ready to get into the Kydex remolding business yet.

I ordered stole a Front Line IWB leather holster for an SP01 Phantom on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EBBBKS0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1) yesterday for $19.31!  It's a holster style I've never really tried before, but for the price I figured I had nothing to lose to give it a whirl.  (They're $69.21 today!)

Update to follow...  Maybe...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 09:39:57 AM by jshully »

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #138 on: March 29, 2017, 06:26:58 PM »
  The Fobus BRS will also fit the SAR K2-45 and SAR K2P very nicely.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 01:43:22 AM by jwc007, Reason: Video originally shown was removed by Youtube »
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline jshully

« Reply #139 on: April 03, 2017, 09:50:54 AM »
Follow-up to my FAB-92 (Tanfoglio Force 99-R) holster search:

The Front-Line for the SP01 Phantom I bought off Amazon looks like it is going to solve my problem.  I've carried it for two days now, and find it to be quite comfortable. There are only a couple minor annoyances, which I feel can be easily resolved, especially for the price I paid for it.  When I ordered it, the black one was listed at $19.31!  Right now, it is $71. I NEVER get deals this good! 

If anyone is looking for a holster that should fit most full-size clones, the brown one for the SP01 Phantom is $19.75 right now. https://www.amazon.com/Front-Line-Tuckable-Leather-Holster/dp/B00EBBAE7I/ref=pd_sim_200_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00EL8EATY&pd_rd_r=1ASF85B9KXXGFXRCAF7Q&pd_rd_w=ohwp1&pd_rd_wg=K9klQ&refRID=1ASF85B9KXXGFXRCAF7Q&th=1&psc=1

Back to this holster for the FAB-92, it is obviously very stiff and a tight fit until I can get it broken in.  But the fit is just about perfect.  The slide lock lever is in the exact same spot, as is the takedown button on the right side. Trigger coverage is acceptable.  The big annoyance is the ambi safety.  It sticks out so far, and on both sides, that it pushes the mouth of the holster out even further, making for a rather wide rig at that point.  You can see the effect of it in the pic of my side with my shirt down.  But otherwise, it conceals nicely.  And hopefully I can soften the leather up a bit there and get it to mold around the safety.  (Or maybe find a way to remove the safety lever from the right side. I dislike ambi safeties for this reason. Like Inigo Montoya, I am not left handed.)

All in all, I give it four out five stars as a solution.  For the price, I give it five stars.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 11:07:12 AM by jshully »

Offline Flibuoy1

« Reply #140 on: May 05, 2017, 10:53:48 AM »
My short answer is I have a Bulldog in size large Yaqui type belt slide. It fits everything I own from a pocket .380, 1911s, T-100, to my railed Witness steel full size and Match Elite. Embarrassingly inexpensive, serviceable. No belt loop hole in back but I do not miss it. No tension screws but retention is good and I think a combination of friction as it is thinner and larger than my Gould (which is pickier) and belt snugness pushing from behind. I wonder if there is anything it won't work with!

Not everyone's solution for every situation, but very useful for me and most of mine. I live where heat and humidity make IWB uncomfortable plus I am too cheap to have two pairs of each of all my shorts.
Have you ever seen a statue honoring someone who left well enough alone?

Offline DF_Hammack

« Reply #141 on: December 11, 2017, 11:19:55 PM »
Hi Guys, I know I have mentioned these holsters before, but it was a while back, and all I had were catalog pictures. I have been using these holsters for about 8 months, and I am so well pleased with them, I wanted to mention them again. These are the German Polizei Surplus holsters. These holsters were made for the P6 (police version of the SIG P225) and the P5 for the Walther P5 and the H&K USP. There used to be a lot of them around, but now, not so much. The only store that has a good selection is RTG Parts. I have 4, P6 holsters, a P5, and 2 different clones. Both of my pistols fit all 5 of the  holsters except the hardshell. My B6P bottoms out in the hardshell, but with a minor modification to the strap, even that fits now. These are all good, quality holsters, at a very reasonable price. The most expensive is less than $20, and the hardshell is only $7.95. They do have several models in left hand. Of the holsters I have bought, they range from B grade to A+. My P5 Pancake was so lightly used, it wasn't even broken in. If you are looking for a holster, but have budget considerations, I can't recommend these holsters enough! Really, don't you think they beat an "Uncle Mike's"? 
Here are my guns, in 3 of my Polizei Surplus Specials. Condition is pretty much as received.

These are P6 holsters, a duty holster and a pancake. The duty holster is my range holster, and the pancake is my former EDC, now spare. The pancake is the worst condition of the lot.

This is a P5 pancake, and my current EDC (holster, not gun). It was like new when I got it.

I now use this holster in my shoulder rig. I work leather, and made my own rig modeled after the Galco Miami Classic.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 08:23:11 PM by DF_Hammack »
Tristar P100 - SAR B6P

Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American - Congressman Tenche Coxe, 1788

Offline ZardozCZ

• Recently returned to shooting and loving it!
« Reply #142 on: January 08, 2018, 08:50:17 AM »
My witness compact steel .45 fits nicely in an alien gear with CZ P-01 shell.
"We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."
Aboriginal Proverb

Offline plain_old_dave

« Reply #143 on: July 14, 2019, 10:18:17 AM »
Anybody have any good results with the Desantis Sof Tuck? I am very partial to the design, but they only advertised a model for the CZ Ramirez. As that's a subcompact, it'd probably be too small for a Pavona.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Offline Rigidman

« Reply #144 on: October 26, 2019, 05:00:27 AM »
Looked through the thread. Didn't see anything from these guys.
https://www.concealmentexpress.com/collections/shop-by-gun-make
They say they can make a holster too. I'm trying to get a price on one that can accept laser and flashlight. Getting ready to send them pics. They run between $35 and $50 on their website.

Offline jkviper

« Reply #145 on: March 01, 2022, 03:02:20 AM »
I've got a full frame EAA Witness circa 2007.
After looking up the serial number, I see it was originally sold as a 45ACP but I bought it used as a 9mm.  Alas, the 45ACP parts were not handed down.

My Witness has been mostly a bedside gun for me but finally wanted to get serious about a way to have it on my hip.

Happy to find this forum!  This is my first post.

I was excited to find https://tacticalscorpiongear.com as they make a holster SPECIFICALLY for the EAA Witness (both the compact and my full frame!!)

Tactical Scorpion Gear stuff also goes by the name Cytac. Not big name Gucci/fancy but definitely a good value for the price. It's all injection molded kydex-like material and seems to be decent quality and well thought out engineering.   Really inexpensive though so it may not be fit for rough duty however I can't say that with certainty.  Definitely seems plenty stout for what I needed it for. Under $30 shipped! Got a dual mag carrier from them too for the other hip.
Pictured in the photos is the spare I'm not using right now (paddle style) but they have a couple kind of belt "adapter" options to interface the holster to your body. The paddle is detachable and you can buy other options a la carte.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10a48tje46JRSdBylWVMNxH4ZJ0zmu6zI?usp=sharing

Adjustable cant. Adjustable retention. Adjustable height as well.  I'm pretty happy with it.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 03:14:52 AM by jkviper, Reason: trying to figure out how to add pics »