CZ PISTOL CLUBS > CZ CLONE CLUB

Tanfoglio/EAA Witness Successes

(1/24) > >>

jwc007:
If you have gotten good service from your Tanfoglio or other clones of the CZ designed pistols, time to stand up and be counted.  I want to hear about:
1.) Accuracy
2.) Feeding Reliability with hollowpoints or semi-wadcutters
3.) Target Matches you placed well in or game you have killed
4.) Use as home defensive arm or CCW
5.) Any other comments you may have

stans:
Good thread, I expect there are far more good Tanfoglio made guns out there than bad ones.  Mine is a TZ-75 Series 88, blue, 9mm.  Only two problems.  Firing pin tends to leave smears on the primers, better with a heavy firing pin spring, and stove piped empties, solved with a 12 pound recoil spring.

1.) Accuracy

Pretty good for a 9mm.  With ammo it likes, 2-1/2 inch groups at 25 yards.

2.) Feeding Reliability with hollowpoints or semi-wadcutters

Never a feeding problem, only the aforementioned stove piping.

3.) Target Matches you placed well in or game you have killed

Won 3rd place in a local IPSC match many years ago.

4.) Use as home defensive arm or CCW

Brief use as a defensive arm.

5.) Any other comments you may have

Very comfortable to shoot and shoot accurately.  The trigger on mine is a little heavy in double action, but smooth, the single action has quite a bit of creep, but is also smooth.

petereick(d)-czechpistols82792:
Ok, Lets do this in order of purchase.

Springfield P9Ultra.  
1) Very good accuracy.  It is the semi auto that got back into shooting.  The porting on it really helps keep the gun down on target.
2) It never really liked lead, but anything else it would just take.  TMJ's (155 winchesters) are its favorite with blue dot.
3) One coyote in Big bend area (outside the park) with 135 grn JHP's.  1 shot about 25 yards, and very "messy".  My only comment at the time was "bleep, that have to hurt".  About 6859 rnds fired.
4) Never done
5) Probably one of my favorites, briley put a new barrel into it because I went through a phase of 135 screamers trying to turn it into a 10mm and burned the barrel out of it.

Witness 10mm
1) good accuracy, reliable.
2) None, about 3284 rnds fired
3) none that I remember off the top of my head.
4) Was my truck gun for CCW for years.  Only replaced by a Glock 20 due to additional capacity.
5) the supersight cannot take the recoil without heavier springs.  Other then breaking mags due to the cuts no problems.

CZ97B.
1) Excellent.  50 shots, 2" 10 yrds! (not bad for 5 mag changes)
2) Excellent if the COL is less then 1.272 for FMJ's or JHP's.  DO NOT load long for the 97b, Shorter is better in this rare case. 2724 rnds fired.
3) None
4) None
5) By far the best glossy finish of any modern gun I own.  The bluing rivals the Python Royal blue from the 60's and is close to the bluing of S&W out of the 50's.

P9 9mm
1) So So but it is still very new (357 rnds fired so far)
2) Hard to say, to new to pass judgement.  No failures so far, but 357 rounds does not truly test a gun.
3) none
4) none
5) shoots low, about 3 to 4" at 15 yrds with 115 grn JHP's.  I think I need so 124 grn ammo and another 1000 rnds before I change out the front sights.

verbaltharhino:
CZ 75BD
1.  The most accurate gun I've ever owned, possibly the most accurate gun I've ever shot.  Out of the box, the sights were dead-on.
2.  Hollow points- never an issue.  Only ammo to FTF or FTE was UMC.  Never shot SWC.
3.  N/A
4.  Currently MY go to gun, next to the bed.  Soon to be my girlfriends, too, now that she's shot it more than the PA-63 which resides in her nightstand.
5.  I will NEVER EVER EVER sell this pistol.  It's the best $335 I've ever spent.

Steel Witness .45 Full-Size
1.  Excellent accuracy.  Shoots dead flat, but a bit to the left out of the box.  VERY tight groups, though.  Never felt the need to adjust the sights, but I suppose I will some day.
2.  N/A
3.  N/A
4.  Never needed it for that, but wouldn't hesitate after qualifying some HP's for the job.
5.  Quite a nice gun.  I think if I were to do it again, I'd get one in Wonderfinish as the parkerizing or whatever the finish is isn't the best.  Held up so far, but not too pretty.  Came in the .22/ .45 combo.  Sold the .22 kit as it didn't do what I wanted it to do (shoot any kind of plinking ammo available for dirt cheap).  Accurate, though.

Looking to pick up another Witness 9mm (compact) or a PCR very soon.  I like the safety on the Witness better than on the 75B's as it can be used in DA mode.  Leaning towards the PCR, though, as it's lighter and I have no problems with using a decocker over cocked and locked.  PCR feels more comfy in the hand, too.  I do't like the magazine being part of my grip as on the Witness compact.

matthewdanger:
My P9 has been reliable and accurate.  It shoots the .40 S&W with little recoil and feels great in the hand.  What more could you ask for?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version