Author Topic: Tanfoglio/EAA Witness Successes  (Read 102953 times)

Offline Slingin9mm

Re: Tanfoglio/EAA Witness Successes
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2018, 07:33:00 AM »
https://imgur.com/AQSzNAu

Picked this up a few days ago. Had only one Mag, which was having FTF issues. I got a new Mec-Gar mag & a new spring for the original mag that came with it. I cannot wait to get back to the range. This is a real smooth shooter, when I wasn't having issues.

Offline hemiram

« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2019, 04:57:00 AM »
I've never had an issue with any of my Witness/Tanfoglio or other clones. Even the nastiest looking of them just needed a recoil spring to be 100% perfect.

At this point I have the two Tanfoglio "Mossad" guns, a fullsized and a compact. The FS is my favorite gun of all I own, even more than my $1000+ Sig P226 SSE, another one is my "Combat Cohai" two tone fullsized. Great shooter, and almost as accurate as the "Mossad" FS above is. I have two Jericho 941's, a just bought Israeli surplus one in chrome, and a black one that is almost new. It has a rail, the surplus one doesn't. I like them both about equally, but wouldn't mind if the older one was converted back to DA/SA.

I've had 2 9mm Witnesses, one with a rail, one older one without, and a .45 without a rail. I had a .40 with a rail for a short time, but got an offer on it almost as soon as I picked it up for more than I paid for it, so off it went without me even shooting it.

Offline Marty8613

« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2019, 01:53:24 PM »
I had a Witness P-F in .45.   It was boring to shoot.  No matter what bullets I used, they all went through the same hole.   The very 1st round I put though it at 7 yards was dead center on the X.  I have yet to make that shot again with anything.  It concealed amazingly well for a full sized double stack.   I’ve since moved to all metal framed compacts or sub compacts so someone else is enjoying this Witness now.   

I’ve got my eye on a compact steel Witness 10mm at a LGS.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TheKnack

« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2019, 12:40:32 AM »
Have owned 2 Witness Match .45s and a .40 and they were accurate and reliable.
Recently got a SAR K2 and even better accuracy for less money plus higher capacity.
A Witness will serve you well, but the SAR is better.