Author Topic: Tanfoglio/EAA Witness Successes  (Read 119472 times)

Offline Slingin9mm

Re: Tanfoglio/EAA Witness Successes
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2018, 07:33:00 AM »
https://imgur.com/AQSzNAu

Picked this up a few days ago. Had only one Mag, which was having FTF issues. I got a new Mec-Gar mag & a new spring for the original mag that came with it. I cannot wait to get back to the range. This is a real smooth shooter, when I wasn't having issues.

Offline hemiram

« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2019, 04:57:00 AM »
I've never had an issue with any of my Witness/Tanfoglio or other clones. Even the nastiest looking of them just needed a recoil spring to be 100% perfect.

At this point I have the two Tanfoglio "Mossad" guns, a fullsized and a compact. The FS is my favorite gun of all I own, even more than my $1000+ Sig P226 SSE, another one is my "Combat Cohai" two tone fullsized. Great shooter, and almost as accurate as the "Mossad" FS above is. I have two Jericho 941's, a just bought Israeli surplus one in chrome, and a black one that is almost new. It has a rail, the surplus one doesn't. I like them both about equally, but wouldn't mind if the older one was converted back to DA/SA.

I've had 2 9mm Witnesses, one with a rail, one older one without, and a .45 without a rail. I had a .40 with a rail for a short time, but got an offer on it almost as soon as I picked it up for more than I paid for it, so off it went without me even shooting it.

Offline Marty8613

« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2019, 01:53:24 PM »
I had a Witness P-F in .45.   It was boring to shoot.  No matter what bullets I used, they all went through the same hole.   The very 1st round I put though it at 7 yards was dead center on the X.  I have yet to make that shot again with anything.  It concealed amazingly well for a full sized double stack.   I?ve since moved to all metal framed compacts or sub compacts so someone else is enjoying this Witness now.   

I?ve got my eye on a compact steel Witness 10mm at a LGS.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TheKnack

« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2019, 12:40:32 AM »
Have owned 2 Witness Match .45s and a .40 and they were accurate and reliable.
Recently got a SAR K2 and even better accuracy for less money plus higher capacity.
A Witness will serve you well, but the SAR is better.

Offline Rigidman

« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2019, 06:29:39 AM »
10mm Full Size 10 round capacity, Wonder Finish, Hogue finger grooved grips, 22lb recoil and firing pin spring, 16lb hammer spring.
Accuracy? 4" at 25yrds off hand and 1.5" at 25 yrds sandbagged.
Reliability? will feed Hornady 180XTP FMJ's all day long no stovepipes or FTF's, SWC's were another story but after slight chamfering and some major polishing 100% succes!
Haven't killed anything but paper targets and I do not quite feel proficient enough yet for competition , but that will change this coming spring, still bitterly cold here in Wyoming!
CCW? Yes, every day, about 12 to 14hrs a day, as of now I wear it in a Uncle Mike's Horizontal shoulder holster. But I will soon make my own fitted for me, the way I like 'em!
Comments? These pistols seem to take quite a bit of "out of the box" tuning, I wouldn't have it any other way, I have enjoyed all the hours of polishing and tweaking! I am closer to this pistol (emotionally) and trust it farther than even some revolvers I own.
I will add I have yet to figure out the secret to bettering the Double action pull it is about 12 lbs. but I have the single action at 4 lbs. very sweet pull, no grittiness whatsoever.
traveling

Check out Mcarbo. Their spring kit reduces both SA/DA. Cut it in half actually.

Offline jaegersapper

« Reply #110 on: January 22, 2020, 08:22:57 PM »
Jericho 941 .45 ACP
* slings spent shells 25 feet.
* new recoil spring, haven't tried it yet though
* more accurate than i am
* Stovepipes sometimes on loading, I think it is a function of the recoil spring.

Sphinx SDP Compact
* Awesome pistol
* Very accurate
* put some lighter springs in = more awesome
* No failures at all.
* never fails

OD Green CZ P-01
* Angels sing when i pick it up.
* Never fails
* Sexxxxxy
* Fits like a glove