Author Topic: 612 standard chokes  (Read 2644 times)

Offline Ken9

612 standard chokes
« on: October 02, 2016, 12:56:41 PM »
Recently purchased my first shotgun, a 612 home defense combo package, but it didn't come with any chokes. What would be a good and reasonable set to get started with? (also need a choke tool) Should I go through CZ or some after-market distributor? Probably just need it for trap/skeet shooting, so just need something very basic, a beginner's set, if you will. Thanks
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 02:31:53 PM by Ken9 »

Offline DeltaGray

Re: 612 standard chokes
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 01:13:25 AM »
I don't know what a home defense combo 612 means.  I did not research what combo barrel length is and importantly if any/all applicable barrels take screw in choke tubes.  I did not research combo because and it looked like your questions were not answered.  For any brand, I would want to know more about barrel length, any choke since some defense models are cylinder fixed choke (without a screw in choke threading).  I think that I can answer some questions about choke constriction regarding removable chokes.  I want more input but I have answers or guesses regarding choke constriction.  I would tell you what to use for skeet and trap.  I have shot some registered skeet and many thousands of trap targets (as in ATA or American trap (16 yard, handicap (longer distance) and trap doubles. Bunker or Olympic trap is a different game normally done with an over/under.  I had not tried the CZ chokes in my 612 Trap model.  For close trap targets the CZ Modified choke may work for you but I don't know how soon you see or let the clay fly before it dies (gets broken).  This was to be a short post--need more info!  I did not tell you all I know.  I know the thread pattern for the 612 Trap model and it was shipped with three choke tubes (C, M and F as marked for cylinder, modified and full chokes.  I want to try the M and F for trap targets but see if I can smoke or boil some real trap targets while standing on front trap post or line with the nominal Full choke.