Author Topic: HBI spring not resetting trigger  (Read 21068 times)

Offline kyron4

HBI spring not resetting trigger
« on: November 19, 2016, 08:48:58 AM »
I just installed the HBI trigger spring kit, and while it dropped the pull to a nice 5 lbs. , if I slowly release the trigger, riding it forward it doesn't reset. If I just let off the trigger it resets fine. I haven't shot it yet and I don't see my self doing a slow reset in normal shooting. However , I just don't like knowing under an circumstance the weapon would fail to reset. Should I contact HBI ? Would a replacement be any better ? -Thanks

Offline Wahoo9501

Re: HBI spring not resetting trigger
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 10:47:46 AM »
I'll try to find it but there's another thread about this from a few weeks back.  You need to make sure the spring is properly installed. Watch the HBI video on installation and pay special attention to the final stages of the install where they discuss getting the spring properly set with the disconnector

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Offline Obiwan

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 12:24:56 PM »
And if dis- and re-assembly doesn't fix it for you, try the original disconnector spring.

Offline HBi

• HB Industries
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 02:31:27 PM »
@kyron4 - Extremely sorry to hear about the re-set issue that you are having. One of the most common causes for this is that the 3mm roll pin in the trigger shoe is not centered, and therefore rubs/drags against the opening in the topside of the trigger guard (where the trigger passes through). Not sure if you also installed a new trigger or not? Whether from HBI, the 922r CZ-USA trigger, or any other aftermarket option, they all operate the same. Checking that 3mm roll pin is the first thing we always recommend.

Second thing to look at is the trigger return spring orientation. It can only be installed one way (with the orange leg downward, touching the floor of the trigger housing) but check to make sure that the "legs" of that spring are not crossing over. Meaning, one leg rides flush up against the sear body, and the other leg is riding fairly flush up against the outside wall of the trigger housing. Here is a picture showing correct orientation of this spring:

Hope this helps :-)

Offline cocowheats

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 03:31:47 PM »
Like HBi said, check that the trigger's roll pin is not rubbing on the lower. This scenario will cause your exact issue.

Offline kyron4

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 05:09:21 PM »
Got it !  Thanks HBI, I had to push the top leg of the spring over to rest against the sear. Now it works perfect. Nice 5 lbs pull with 100% reset. The picture made me see the problem as soon as I looked.

Offline 13moons

HBI spring not resetting trigger
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2016, 06:39:47 PM »
@kyron4 - Extremely sorry to hear about the re-set issue that you are having. One of the most common causes for this is that the 3mm roll pin in the trigger shoe is not centered, and therefore rubs/drags against the opening in the topside of the trigger guard (where the trigger passes through). Not sure if you also installed a new trigger or not? Whether from HBI, the 922r CZ-USA trigger, or any other aftermarket option, they all operate the same. Checking that 3mm roll pin is the first thing we always recommend.

Second thing to look at is the trigger return spring orientation. It can only be installed one way (with the orange leg downward, touching the floor of the trigger housing) but check to make sure that the "legs" of that spring are not crossing over. Meaning, one leg rides flush up against the sear body, and the other leg is riding fairly flush up against the outside wall of the trigger housing. Here is a picture showing correct orientation of this spring:

Hope this helps :-)

sorry for derailing the thread and stating the obvious; however,  i wanted to express the following because i feel its merited .

HBI...  thanks for the wonderful products and cx support.  you folks are top notch. i happily use many of  your products and sincerely feel each of them truly make my scorpion a better firearm. the customer support you routinely show is exceptional.  i hope that as you grow, the support and quality  persist.

keep up the great work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kyron4

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 04:29:09 AM »
Yes, HBI is the gold standard for gun parts company. Above and beyond all the way. Thanks again.

Offline SouthernScorp

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2016, 10:38:32 AM »
+1 on hbi.

HBI is to the scorpion as Magpul is to the AR. I don't think either of them has come out with anything you couldnt rely on 100%.
CZ Scorpion Evo S1 Pistol:

SLR Synergy Mini comp
SBT-EVO Brace
PMM Safety Levers
Dual HBI Prostock Charging Handles
Gearhead Mag Release
HBI Trigger Spring
HBI Delta Trigger
PMM QD Front & Rear
Magpul MS1 + QDs
Holosun HS515cu on ADM low mount
Vendetta VP-17-A AFG

Offline ghostsup

Re: .
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2016, 10:56:54 AM »
+1 on hbi.

HBI is to the scorpion as Magpul is to the AR. I don't think either of them has come out with anything you couldnt rely on 100%.

With the exception that Magpul always has product available. O0

Offline SouthernScorp

slipknot
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2016, 12:05:12 PM »
Magpul is quickly molded out of plastic and pre colored , not machined out of aluminum, then sent off to anodizing   ;)

SLR Synergy Mini comp
SBT-EVO Brace
PMM Safety Levers
Gearhead Mag Release
HBI Trigger Spring
HBI Delta Trigger
PMM QD Front & Rear
Magpul MS1 + QDs
Vendetta VP-17-A AFG

Offline ChilLyWilLy

Re: .
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2016, 12:11:59 PM »
+1 on hbi.

With the exception that Magpul always has product available. O0
+1 for hbi as well.  Gotta agree with product availability though lol.  Still waiting on delta trigger and charging handle to become available.

Offline rcbif

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 08:51:20 PM »
I had this issue after installing my HBI spring today.

I tried their suggestions, polished again, thought I had it, but no luck.

Then I THINK I found the issue...

That darn bolt/ FP safety is the biggest culprit of friction in this FCG. Because it rides (and is forced against) the trigger housing, any dirt between the bolt/fp safety and the metal trigger housing increases friction in the trigger, and makes the HBI trigger spring borderline able to reset.

Ideally I think a small shim should be placed between the bolt/fp safety and the metal trigger housing to reduce friction/ contact area, but there is little to no room.
Relying on cleanliness and being lubed alone IMHO is not a good design...

I carefully bent back the bolt/fp safety, shot some drops of oil in there, and guess what? Trigger started resetting again....

Or course all of this is no issue if you have that beastly stock 10lb trigger spring installed.....

My ideas are
- Just keeping it clean and oiled  >:(
- Seeing if I can jam a shim in there
- Bending a very slight U-shape into the bolt/fp safety to reduce contact area
- Somebody proving me wrong... I am a bit tired and could be wrong about all of this  ::)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 08:54:43 PM by rcbif »

Offline SouthernScorp

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2017, 01:50:21 AM »
You shouldn't really have to.clean your fcg too much, it usually stays pretty clean in there. Out of 1500 rounds I think I cleaned that out 4 times. The gunbutter grease I put in there 400rnds ago was still bright red so on my last cleaning the other night I just cleaned the upper, barrel and bcg.

Try checking your trigger shoe I see you have a red trigger, I have aftermarket as well and mine had a little nub on it that was bottoming out on the bottom of my trigger case not allowing it to swing forward fully and reset, I filed that down with about 3 swipes which let the trigger swing forward more and never a problem since

SLR Synergy Mini comp
SBT-EVO Brace
PMM Safety Levers
Gearhead Mag Release
HBI Trigger Spring
HBI Delta Trigger
PMM QD Front & Rear
Magpul MS1 + QDs
Vendetta VP-17-A AFG

Offline Sauerado

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2017, 02:57:24 PM »
I had this issue after installing my HBI spring today.

I tried their suggestions, polished again, thought I had it, but no luck.

Then I THINK I found the issue...

That darn bolt/ FP safety is the biggest culprit of friction in this FCG. Because it rides (and is forced against) the trigger housing, any dirt between the bolt/fp safety and the metal trigger housing increases friction in the trigger, and makes the HBI trigger spring borderline able to reset.

Ideally I think a small shim should be placed between the bolt/fp safety and the metal trigger housing to reduce friction/ contact area, but there is little to no room.
Relying on cleanliness and being lubed alone IMHO is not a good design...

I carefully bent back the bolt/fp safety, shot some drops of oil in there, and guess what? Trigger started resetting again....

Or course all of this is no issue if you have that beastly stock 10lb trigger spring installed.....

My ideas are
- Just keeping it clean and oiled  >:(
- Seeing if I can jam a shim in there
- Bending a very slight U-shape into the bolt/fp safety to reduce contact area
- Somebody proving me wrong... I am a bit tired and could be wrong about all of this  ::)

You wouldn't be able to post a picture or two of what you're referring to, would you? I pushed the hbi spring over like they recommended between my first and second range sessions, but the trigger still wouldn't reset consistently. I've since put the original reset spring back in, but i haven't had a chance to shoot it since then. The only other thing that stands out to me is the spacer on the sear pin isn't snug, and the disconnecter spring ends up pushing the disconnecter at an angle.