Author Topic: Any 40P advice?  (Read 3469 times)

Offline czfan12

Any 40P advice?
« on: December 12, 2016, 08:20:24 PM »
I'm looking at the possibility of picking up a lightly used 40P.  Love to hear from any current/previous owners on anything I should look (or look out) for, any issues (especially recurring) the pistol may have.  I'm familiar with its origins, and have seen some comments/threads about the 'lazy action' problem and FTFs.  Just looking for thoughts and experiences from this group.

Thanks in advance!

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!
Re: Any 40P advice?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 04:20:24 PM »
I currently own a 40P and it was my first CZ and best gun deal ever.  I picked it up for next to nothing and is may be my most accurate CZ I own.  I put a heavier recoil spring in along with +10 Wolf mag springs and it runs just fine.  I would also get a stainless guide rod to help the bushing survive a little longer.

I carry it when in the woods and in the car when on trips.  I don't shoot it nearly enough as most of my pistol shooting is with my 97BD or SP01 Tactical in comps.  But the ergo's are all the same.  Maybe I should shoot it in comps now that I think about it?

The sights do leave something to be desired.  I painted my sights with a florescent yellow paint and that helped but it's not the same as having a fiber optic.

Cheers,
Toby
This forum rocks!

Offline czfan12

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 06:37:11 PM »
Toby,

Thanks!

Don

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 05:57:18 PM »
I have a 40P and love the thing.  When I first bought it, it had FTF issues in about 5 out of every 100 rounds.  I put a stainless steel guide rod in and have had zero issues in nearly 500 rounds since.  The old, plastic guide rod can weaken with age letting it bend and I think that puts more drag on the slide return action.  The steel rod keeps everything lined up.

Also, these have an odd sight cut that is difficult to find replacement sights for.  Not impossible, but difficult.  Other than that, they are fantastic guns.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 07:24:48 PM »
A picture for reference. Note: Not mine
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Nubia

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 09:37:14 PM »
I concur. I own one that I sent to Cajun gun works and had David go completely through it. I couldn't be more happy. Completely canjunized and polished.. Extremely accurate!

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Offline Angrysnarf

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 09:44:37 PM »
I concur. I own one that I sent to Cajun gun works and had David go completely through it. I couldn't be more happy. Completely canjunized and polished.. Extremely accurate!

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk
Pics?