Author Topic: Tale of two T100s  (Read 782 times)

Offline Flibuoy1

Tale of two T100s
« on: November 19, 2017, 02:59:52 PM »

I have owned the top T100 since Academy first offered them. Over the years I have done a fluff and buff in increasing detail 3 times, 3 piece spring kit and 14# recoil spring from Cajun Gun Works. Pretty standard stuff that many have done. I am a tightwad so I converted it to SAO with JB Weld. After shooting it after that I decided to successfully redo the trigger adding a bit more to further reduce pretravel even more and still have a reliable reset. The difference in static position is noticeable in photo. It is very smooth in a 3.7# pull with very little pretravel and creep. It approaches a nice 1911, but not quite the breaking glass crispness. I had frame done in executive gray KG Gun Cote ( I didn?t want to wait for Tungsten or titanium). Very happy with decision so far on color and the Gun Cote itself. It wears a stock grip on left that has has harshness of checkering dulled with sandpaper and the later (with trigger finger relief built in) T100 right grip. Over the years I have experimented with a variety of grips and it today this is my personal favorite. The checkering does not match side to side but since you cannot look at both at the same time I am OK with that

The bottom is a very late Academy offer that I purchased a week ago in a face to face sale with 50 rounds fired and spotless. The guy was a giant and experienced hammer bite and was going back to a full-size. I did the same modifications except I added reduced power trigger return spring and left the DA due to curiosity. pull ended up at 3.8# and around very smooth 11#. I expect both numbers to drop with use, but I?m OK with it. I carry all mine cocked and locked so DA was just an experiment. In my opinion it is overall superior in fit/finish (inside and out) and stock trigger than my older one was out of the box. Comparing performance between the two pistols when I tested it for function would be unfair but it did well. I will shoot post modification the week and you will know how the two compare. The current grips are plastic, an EBay score at $21, free shipping...no modification of mount holes required... and they feel great. Similar in appearance to VZ et al? I took a chance and it worked out great for me as a tightwad. They are significantly slimmer and I plan to try them for carry a bit since I normally carry a lightweight 1911 .45 with 4.25? barrel that hides better, or a Sig P938 that is invisible. I think the new grips might put the T100 in rotation.

Differences noted: The front and rear sights are slightly different. The newer does not shoot low when combat hold is used, but in my opinion the new sights with such a narrow picture and much smaller dots is better at the range, however more difficult to acquire. The safety is reshaped a bit and the divot for a safety on color dot is not machined into frame

I hope someone noticed my hammers were made (to my eye) less fugly

I plan to sell one of them after the newer one is thoroughly proven. I imagine deciding will be is easy as picking the favorite Wrigley?s twin sister. Interesting point, David (who posts here at times) of Cajun Gun Works, and a premier CZ guru, carries a T100. My latest is a total investment- $368.  I see a CGW hammer/sear kit in my future since I am not capable of going beyond simple cleanup and the kit is the answer. He says new sights are inbound soon and Dawson has said they will fit and correct POI to POA.

Now that I have TWO I encourage you guys go out and find some C-100/T100s and get after it. Everyone is pleasantly surprised when they shoot mine....including me
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 09:04:03 PM by Flibuoy1 »
Have you ever seen a statue honoring someone who left well enough alone?

Offline Flibuoy1

Re: Tale of two T100s
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 06:56:43 PM »
I took the new (and the old) to the range twice since I posted the OP.  The trigger on the new one came in at 3.8# versus 3.3#, but butter smooth as the older one. The long takeup in SA is disconcerting when shooting back to back and may impact my decision to not retain DA. The new sights are tough on the old eyes and the corrective lens! The only way I can make them ok is to lay on my back with feet towards target. Just as during shakedown premod shooting it did not shoot low using combat hold. It did shoot as looser grouping and I have no reason to think it is anything but the operator. The new grips ar perfect for me.
Have you ever seen a statue honoring someone who left well enough alone?

anything