Author Topic: So whats the big deal about CGW?  (Read 6426 times)

Offline FlyingKat316

So whats the big deal about CGW?
« on: January 30, 2017, 11:12:02 PM »
Hey everybody,

Somewhat new to CZ's but own more than a few. Never purchased anything from CGW but have always wondered why they are so highly spoken of. What is the main selling point for you on them?

Offline Scarlett Pistol

Re: So whats the big deal about CGW?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 11:16:04 PM »
Hey everybody,

Somewhat new to CZ's but own more than a few. Never purchased anything from CGW but have always wondered why they are so highly spoken of. What is the main selling point for you on them?
They provide excellent customer service. Are always working on making more aftermarket parts to improve CZ's. Their parts are very high quality. They stand behind their parts and work. I haven't had a pistol they have worked on, but I hear only the best about their work in that regards. They also have supported the community here a great deal.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline FlyingKat316

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 11:17:27 PM »
Ahh very understandable. I've never been one to really put any performance modifications on my guns besides putting an upgraded firing pin in my CZ52

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 11:28:02 PM »
Here's a thread testing the impact of polishing and upgraded parts. Used lots of their parts. There are some easy upgrades that can make a world of a difference.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=83591.0

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline FlyingKat316

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 11:37:20 PM »
Very nice! What are some good sights that are both cost effective but also good quality?

Offline Tok36

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 11:42:19 PM »
CGWs in house work can take a CZ as far as it can go. Their CZ upgrade parts are manufactured to a level of design and quality that allows DIY/home gunsmiths to obtain close to the same level of results. They deal with their customers the same way they would choose to be dealt with. Even outside of CZ tuning it is rare in my experience for a business to operate at the level of CGW and even more rare that they are able to maintain it over time.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

CZ Aficionado

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 11:57:26 PM »
Hey everybody,

I've been a repeat customer dozen's of times and spent a lot of money with them over the years.....why?  Customer Service......a rare thing in todays world, unfortunately  ???
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 11:59:00 PM by CZ Aficionado »

Offline FlyingKat316

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 11:59:27 PM »
I do know that internal modifications can make or break competitions. While I didn't have it done I have two guns that I use for Cowboy shooting that are "slicked" up for speed. Customer service is pretty darn rare now

Offline bm303

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 12:04:04 AM »
Customer service is TOP TIER. I called David way too many times to bug him with stupid questions and never once had an issue. As a result both pistols I own are CZ's and are tricked out with CGW parts. Great company, even better products. They are experts on gunsmithing and whatever they say regarding CZ's, in my experience, is 100% fact.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 12:04:58 AM »
The  main selling point for me is their Customer Service. Not knocking any of the other CZ businesses, I've had great service from them too.
   CGW just has an old school mentality to CS. They won't try to upsell you any product that you don't need. Respond to all emails and phone calls. I mean all.
   I've called and not left a message (figured I'd just call back later). They see that they have a missed call and call you back. Called at 10pm on a Sunday before to leave a message and David picked up the phone!
   I just haven't seen CS like that for a very long time
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline rich63

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2017, 07:34:57 AM »
Everything everyone above said is 100% true with CGW. Nothing more can be added that hasn't already been said. They truly define customer service, and their parts are the best you can buy. You will not find better people anywhere.

rich63
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 08:22:59 AM by rich63 »

Offline FlyingKat316

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2017, 09:44:17 AM »
Looks like I'm going to have to give them a ring then!

Offline inspector1999

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2017, 11:25:10 AM »
Shop with confidence.  Imagine the best customer service you could get, that is their normal.  Imagine high quality parts and service, that is their normal.  Combine them and you have Cajun Gun Works. 

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline Swamp ash

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 12:28:32 PM »
The CGW team is dedicated to CZs and their customers.  Everything positive said about them is true (exceptional products and service), and they are GREAT people with whom to work.

I bought a cajunized pcr from them and could not be happier.  I look forward to working with them again.
Ruger rimfire fan

Offline WilburWildcat

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2017, 12:44:27 PM »
When crappy customer service is the norm, experiencing a business with superior, attentive service is to be rewarded.
Im not talking about just the gun industry, but modern business in general.
Are you listening CZ-USA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CGW P-07
P-10C Optic Ready

anything