Author Topic: Hammer rubbing the left side of frame on P-O7 & P-09  (Read 19536 times)

Offline DOC 1500

Hammer rubbing the left side of frame on P-O7 & P-09
« on: December 09, 2018, 09:12:22 AM »
I posted this a little while ago....... Thought I would post again to  help somebody make their pistol better.

We all know on a P-09 & P07 that the hammer does rub the frame on the left side looking from the rear of the pistol. I know many have sanded that area and Polished to minimize friction.

Well here's what I've done so far.

I disassembled including the hammer and stoned the left side of the frame and the metal block (where the hammer touches the frame on the left side) then used 600 grit sandpaper wrapped around the stone without oil and then 1500 grit with oil.

I stoned and then heavily polished the left side of the hammer where it meets the frame.

I then reassembled everything except for the slide.

Still feeling a little bit of rubbing, I wedged 600 grit paper between the hammer and the frame by pushing the hammer to the right and slid the paper in (smooth side of the sandpaper against the hammer grit against the frame) and putting pressure on it, squeezed the trigger slightly so that the paper is snug but still can be moved I slid it back and forth numerous times.

I then did the same thing with 1500 grit paper numerous times and then again with the same 1500 grit with oil on it. All of the sanding was done with slight pressure on the trigger to press the hammer toward the frame.

GRITTY HAMMER AND PULL GONE...

I can't believe what a difference this process made in the smoothness of the DA pull.

Good luck...
Doc
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 10:02:54 AM by s0nspark, Reason: slight reformatting for clarity »
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline pepinoax

Re: Hammer rubbing the left side of frame on P-O7 & P-09
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 12:01:58 PM »
I posted this a little while ago....... Thought I would post again to  help somebody make their pistol better.

We all know on a P-09 & P07 that the hammer does rub the frame on the left side looking from the rear of the pistol. I know many have sanded that area and Polished to minimize friction.

Well here's what I've done so far.

My P07 make the same thing but to the right side. I?ll apply what you did!!! Thank you so much!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2022, 05:59:31 AM by Wobbly »

Offline radagast

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 04:53:54 PM »
Thanks again Doc !
    I took advantage of this info the last time it was presented, and it made quite a difference. My Wife's P07 (a year later) doesn't have this problem. I wonder if it's been addressed, or just "luck of the draw".   
"Let there be light"  and there was muzzle flash !

Offline sharps_74

• Have you hugged your weapon today?
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 11:06:24 AM »
I must have been blessed. Mine has none of that going on. Of course, mine hasn't had many rounds through it (yet). Did the problem become noticable right after you stated using the weapon or after XXX number of rounds?

Offline radagast

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 01:38:46 PM »
Hi sharps_74
    My P07 was quite rough OOB SA not too bad, but DA was very bad. Took quite a bit of work, but I'm satisfied with it for defensive use. On a DA trigger pull, you could notice the hammer being pushed to the left against the frame. Now I can get paper to slip between them during a pull. I stopped detailed round counts at 3000, It's a lot smoother now, but the Wife's is much nicer than mine with only 1500 downrange and no remedial maintenance.
    The problem was not dirt. All our guns are meticulously cleaned after every range session. I recently started using Weapon Shield instead of the Tri-Flow I've used for years. I don't see Tri-Flow discussed much for firearms, but it's got a good reputation in competition bicycling.
"Let there be light"  and there was muzzle flash !

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 06:42:05 PM »
I must have been blessed. Mine has none of that going on. Of course, mine hasn't had many rounds through it (yet). Did the problem become noticable right after you stated using the weapon or after XXX number of rounds?
I wouldn't call it a problem I would just call it may be OCD on my part just looking for anything that might be rubbing to try and smooth out the trigger pull. In this particular case what I did did made a difference. Not all pistols will be the same that's for sure. Even the same model.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 07:16:30 AM by DOC 1500 »
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline mkd

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 07:20:21 PM »
doc 1500!     had the same issue when i installed the ring hammer on my brand new sp-01. i did polish both sides of the hammer before it was installed. however upon completion, dry firing , and checking numerous trigger pulls with my new lyman gauge i decided to take it back down and look for areas that show rubs. i found a small rub on the right side of ring hammer clearly visible on the polished surface and a signifigantly larger half moon rub on the left side of the hammer. both marks were low down near where the pin the hammer rotates on. disassembled the frame and removed the hammer and strut and used the dremel with a small buffing wheel to polish the hammer again and also polish both mating surfaces on the back of the slide. as i break the pistol in i will inspect areas to see how things are wearing in and smooth things up if necessary.

anything